Abeloth in the SW:TOR

pbajnokl

Our characters are nothing compared to Abeloth. Even Luke Skywalker is not as powerful as she is.

The best any character (that isn't Luke Skywalker) can do, is suicide. There really isn't any point. Want an example her?

Ben Skywalker hit her with a Force Push powerful enough to knock a frigate out of orbit. She barely registered the blast.

Or how about her being a dozen times more powerful than Luke Skywalker?

At best, the characters you mentioned would only serve as her vessels or mind slaves.

All I am seeing on the page, is that Luke and Abeloth had one battle in which Luke destroyed the body she was in only to be incapacitated right after, the rest seem that the Jedi ganged up on Abeloth. More to that even if its true...

Uh hi, were talking about Grand Master Luke Skywalker. You know...the most powerful Jedi ever? If he needed help to beat Abeloth, what makes you think any of our characters would last? In fact, there wouldn't even be a fight our characters would arrive to her and she would just destroy all of them with a simple gesture.

Our characters are nothing compared to Abeloth. Even Luke Skywalker is not as powerful as she is.

The best any character (that isn't Luke Skywalker) can do, is suicide. There really isn't any point. Want an example her?

Ben Skywalker hit her with a Force Push powerful enough to knock a frigate out of orbit. She barely registered the blast.

Or how about her being a dozen times more powerful than Luke Skywalker?

At best, the characters you mentioned would only serve as her vessels or mind slaves.

Have u read my link? never said our characters alone (or together with republic and empire united) could defeat Abeloth. Just put abeloth back in her prison with the help of the Son and Daugther while in this short time empire and repubic unite their forces like luke and darth krayt did.

Edit.: btw Luke neve had the chance to figth against ableoth with the help of the Son and Daugther since they were dead for a while. Just think some daily quest chain where as a republic player get daily event quests where she gift u mind protection or whatever protection(and same for the empire with the son) and tadaa... no vessel for abeloth. Man use ur imagination...

Edited by pbajnokl

I think I have a question, what makes Luke so strong, I keep hearing people praise the Skywalker line as the strongest, but the main ones people talk about never really faced as big of threats as they could.

I get that they are main peeps in the movies and some books, but have they really earned the right to be hailed as the best, or do the people often hailing em just misinformed?

Being 100% honest, it has just been bothering me as of late.

well wookiepedia says that luke defeated her multiple times in combat how can she be more powerfull? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Abeloth

If you've read the FotJ series you'd know she was considerably weak then, which was why she was pretty much leeching off the crazed Jedi.

But Abeloth was a Force entity, rather than simple Jedi or Sith, so it isn't really fair to compare them.

Besides that, her powers were those of The Ones, and Anakin was able to overpower the Twin Dieties on his own, and Luke is more powerful than Anakin, so with that logic, I guess it makes sense that Luke was able to defeat her.

I think I have a question, what makes Luke so strong, I keep hearing people praise the Skywalker line as the strongest, but the main ones people talk about never really faced as big of threats as they could.

I get that they are main peeps in the movies and some books, but have they really earned the right to be hailed as the best, or do the people often hailing em just misinformed?

Pretty sure it's because Anakin was born by the will of the Force. At least, that's how I've always rationalized it, that they are the strongest because the Force itself willed Anakin into conception.

If you've read the FotJ series you'd know she was considerably weak then, which was why she was pretty much leeching off the crazed Jedi.

But Abeloth was a Force entity, rather than simple Jedi or Sith, so it isn't really fair to compare them.

Besides that, her powers were those of The Ones, and Anakin was able to overpower the Twin Dieties on his own, and Luke is more powerful than Anakin, so with that logic, I guess it makes sense that Luke was able to defeat her.

Luke was just better trained but Vader was the stronger in the force!

Have u read my link? never said our characters alone (or together with republic and empire united) could defeat Abeloth. Just put abeloth back in her prison with the help of the Son and Daugther while in this short time empire and repubic unite their forces like luke and darth krayt did.

Edit.: btw Luke neve had the chance to figth against ableoth with the help of the Son and Daugther since they were dead for a while. Just think some daily quest chain where as a republic player get daily event quests where she gift u mind protection or whatever protection(and same for the empire with the son) and tadaa... no vessel for abeloth. Man use ur imagination...

This is what you said:

But what if in the TOR area she is escaped and the Republic with the help of the Daugther and the Empire with the help of the Son defeats her and imprison her again in a FP or OP?

Emphasis mine.

Defeating Abeloth is not a simple task, and you make no mention of the Father. It takes the three of them to stop her.

Mind protection? She can possess whoever she wants. She doesn't have to limit herself to our characters. She can find someone else.

But how do you suggest we stop her from EFFORTLESSLY destroying our characters. She could consume the characters via Force Drain. Pummel us with her overwhelming telekinetic powers, powers that can make beings implode. Destroy us with Force Lightning. Teleport to evade our attacks, or use Tutaminis to reflect them back.

Seriously. You ask that I use my imagination. I'm being a realist. There's nothing our characters can do here. We would be spectators watching a grand battle between beings with power that we cannot even begin to comprehend.

The only way for our characters to actually pose a threat to Abeloth is if they all had the power of Luke Skywalker. But they don't.

I've got a pet theory that the Terror from Beyond actually IS Abeloth

I've been thinking that myself, that Bioware gave a nod to the latest series and put it in as maybe a teaser or something. Either way hidden bosses are awesome.

Besides the fact that its stated pretty much everywhere as Luke being the strongest? Though not everyone in the Skywalker line is uber strong, some are just really exceptional Jedi.

This is what you said:

Emphasis mine.

Defeating Abeloth is not a simple task, and you make no mention of the Father. It takes the three of them to stop her.

Mind protection? She can possess whoever she wants. She doesn't have to limit herself to our characters. She can find someone else.

But how do you suggest we stop her from EFFORTLESSLY destroying our characters. She could consume the characters via Force Drain. Pummel us with her overwhelming telekinetic powers, powers that can make beings implode. Destroy us with Force Lightning. Teleport to evade our attacks, or use Tutaminis to reflect them back.

Seriously. You ask that I use my imagination. I'm being a realist. There's nothing our characters can do here. We would be spectators watching a grand battle between beings with power that we cannot even begin to comprehend.

The only way for our characters to actually pose a threat to Abeloth is if they all had the power of Luke Skywalker. But they don't.

U are really dont want to defeat her in any ways because u don't WANT TO, even underestimate our characters even with the help of the Son,Daugther (and ur rigth I forgot the father)but i understand that... Abeloth is ur favourite villian and u dont want any1 else (beside luke) to defeat her... its OK. But I agree with 1 thing "She can possess whoever she wants. She doesn't have to limit herself to our characters. She can find someone else." I can't argue with that. But that's ur ONLY reason what I can accept (with a hard feeling because as u said there is the father too... and writers can give any power to him, like protect every living being in the galaxy. The writers just have to write down). be happy :)

U are really dont want to defeat her in any ways because u don't WANT TO, even underestimate our characters even with the help of the Son,Daugther (and ur rigth I forgot the father)but i understand that... Abeloth is ur favourite villian and u dont want any1 else (beside luke) to defeat her... its OK. But I agree with 1 thing "She can possess whoever she wants. She doesn't have to limit herself to our characters. She can find someone else." I can't argue with that. But that's ur ONLY reason what I can accept (with a hard feeling because as u said there is the father too... and writers can give any power to him, like protect every living being in the galaxy. The writers just have to write down). be happy :)

Favorite villain? I despise Abeloth and The Ones since I first saw them in the Mortis Arc.

I'm simply being a realist. Only the Ones and Luke Skywalker can beat her. And Luke can only do it because he's Grand Plot Armor Luke Skywalker.

Abeloth's power in the Dark Side would make Sidious wet his pants. She is twelve times more powerful than Luke Skywalker. Our characters can't do anything to hurt her. Ben Skywalker hit her with enough force to knock a friate out of orbit, and she was barely hurt by it. What can our characters do to top that?

Even if the Father did something to protect everybody from her, they still can't do anything to hurt her. Our characters are minor nuisances unworthy of her attention. The Ones and Luke are the only ones with the power to stop her.

It's time to face facts. Even if our characters had The Ones for backup, they still can't hurt her. Having The Ones bring our characters to fight Abeloth is pointless because only The Ones are going to able to do something to her.

Favorite villain? I despise Abeloth and The Ones since I first saw them in the Mortis Arc.

I'm simply being a realist. Only the Ones and Luke Skywalker can beat her. And Luke can only do it because he's Grand Plot Armor Luke Skywalker.

Abeloth's power in the Dark Side would make Sidious wet his pants. She is twelve times more powerful than Luke Skywalker. Our characters can't do anything to hurt her. Ben Skywalker hit her with enough force to knock a friate out of orbit, and she was barely hurt by it. What can our characters do to top that?

Even if the Father did something to protect everybody from her, they still can't do anything to hurt her. Our characters are minor nuisances unworthy of her attention. The Ones and Luke are the only ones with the power to stop her.

It's time to face facts. Even if our characters had The Ones for backup, they still can't hurt her. Having The Ones bring our characters to fight Abeloth is pointless because only The Ones are going to able to do something to her.

Or we can do story quests on alderan with killiks or go rigth to mortis to make some armor and weapon what can hurt abeloth, and when the time has come the daugther can can increase our deffense agaist abeloth and the son channels his power to us, so even the non-force users can hurt her... and there we are a capable army to defeat abeloth... it's all about story telling, and even u dont know how strong can be the jedi and sith with the help of the Ones.

Edit.: Did I mention to use ur imagination?

Edited by pbajnokl

Whatever. :rolleyes:

Btw when I made this forum here (and in suggestion box) i said to write any other ides how it should be done... at least i meant that. But with u I on my back I had to found out a complete boss figth with tactics and cinematics at the end. But I always enjoy oppose u. wanna talk about Revan now or how Luke died? :D

Btw when I made this forum here (and in suggestion box) i said to write any other ides how it should be done... at least i meant that. But with u I on my back I had to found out a complete boss figth with tactics and cinematics at the end. But I always enjoy oppose u. wanna talk about Revan now or how Luke died? :D

I'd rather not.

To be honest. It's a fairly good idea, but I just don't see a good way to implement it.

I've read each of the FotJ books but I cannot for the life or me remember when it said Ben used a Force blast that could've knocked a freighter out of orbit. Which book was that in?

Also, is the mysterious sith in Apocalypse supposed to be Darth Krayt?

I've read each of the FotJ books but I cannot for the life or me remember when it said Ben used a Force blast that could've knocked a freighter out of orbit. Which book was that in?

Also, is the mysterious sith in Apocalypse supposed to be Darth Krayt?

I believe it was Apocalypse, but I'll provide the following as back up.

He felt himself become one with the Force, but even in this state he was only able to slightly harm the dark side entity, despite hitting Abeloth with a Force blast that would have been able to knock an entire frigate out of orbit.
- Wookieepedia

I would have to pick up Apocalypse again, but I hope that suffices.

I believe it was Apocalypse, but I'll provide the following as back up.

- Wookieepedia

I would have to pick up Apocalypse again, but I hope that suffices.

I was literally reading the eBook of it the day before I noticed this thread, but I think I know the scene this is talking about. When he and Vestera are on Abeloth's planet.

Thanks, though.