Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Agent vs Smuggler forums

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Agent vs Smuggler forums

Talon_Starfire's Avatar


Talon_Starfire
01.25.2012 , 12:50 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by CampusJedi View Post
i am trying GS first before OP
So am I.
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

Caelrie's Avatar


Caelrie
01.25.2012 , 01:08 PM | #12
I think you might have a touch of confirmation bias going on. The scoundrel forums has had its fair share of doomsday QQing this week too.

Tamanous's Avatar


Tamanous
01.25.2012 , 02:41 PM | #13
I have already mentioned this here actually. It is very obvious.

The agent forums were taken over by concealment spec elitist players and any mention of other spec's (including hybrids ... which are likely the most effective now ... yar!) was laughed off the forums. I completely stopped visiting it.

I then started coming to this forum and found MUCH more interesting threads, far less whining (recent nerfs aside) and interest in many things beyond 3 second gank rotations.

Consider this agent a friend to smugglers ... at least off the battle field

Rhudian's Avatar


Rhudian
01.25.2012 , 02:53 PM | #14
In part it's because the whole point of being a smuggler is being cool. In part it's because of the Smuggler forum culture in SWG.

Smugglers in Galaxies were repeatedly promised things that were never delivered, occasionally lied to, had our crafting abilities removed or nerfed for no apparent reason, and were otherwise the least likely to be FoTM or to be delivered any unique class content.

As a result, the ultra-hardcore, entitled jerkbags all ran away to be Jeedai or Fettishists, leaving us to crack jokes, make fun of one another, and otherwise note how much cooler we were than everyone else on the SOE forums. Eventually we would take turns becoming disenfranchised, leave, join a forum for other disenfranchised SWG smugglers, forget our logins to said third-party forum, come back to SWG, crack jokes again, leave again.

Finally, in the end, some of us were left wondering how many fat kids it took to create that unfortunate obsession with beer and pie that the later smugglers had.

happysister's Avatar


happysister
01.25.2012 , 03:29 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Tamanous View Post
Consider this agent a friend to smugglers ... at least off the battle field
come on, you know you're really a smuggler in an agent's skin.
<Fortitude>
Lorhin - Gunslinger | Sashel - Scoundrel
Shylar - Guardian | Oorio - Sage
RIP my old servers [The Corsair, Canderous Ordo, Jedi Covenant] .

Metalmac's Avatar


Metalmac
01.25.2012 , 05:01 PM | #16
Agent is favored by BW as they do not have to wait for animations to finish to actually do some healing or damage.
On the other hand Smuggler is screwed on purpose as we have like 5 different slow abilities that have long animations before we even begin to do damage.

There is a posted list that proves the love for IMP over REP by the number of slow abilities that are not mirror abilities. Any disadvantage is ALWAYS on the REP side.

Go ahead and claim it is not true but BW admitted that mostly the Dev played IMP and you can see the results just like you saw in WoW.

Colster's Avatar


Colster
01.25.2012 , 08:51 PM | #17
The good thing about mirror classes is, that if you can translate the abilities, you can always visit your brothers- and sisters-in-gaming for help.

I'm really starting to grow on my smuggler, during the first ten levels or so I was convinced I would never stop missing my brutally charming, British Imperial Agent.
45

Melkathi's Avatar


Melkathi
01.25.2012 , 09:04 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Metalmac View Post
Agent is favored by BW as they do not have to wait for animations to finish to actually do some healing or damage.
On the other hand Smuggler is screwed on purpose as we have like 5 different slow abilities that have long animations before we even begin to do damage.

There is a posted list that proves the love for IMP over REP by the number of slow abilities that are not mirror abilities. Any disadvantage is ALWAYS on the REP side.

Go ahead and claim it is not true but BW admitted that mostly the Dev played IMP and you can see the results just like you saw in WoW.
And all of this is relevant to this thread how exactly?

mousestalker's Avatar


mousestalker
01.25.2012 , 09:32 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhudian View Post
In part it's because the whole point of being a smuggler is being cool. In part it's because of the Smuggler forum culture in SWG.

Smugglers in Galaxies were repeatedly promised things that were never delivered, occasionally lied to, had our crafting abilities removed or nerfed for no apparent reason, and were otherwise the least likely to be FoTM or to be delivered any unique class content.

As a result, the ultra-hardcore, entitled jerkbags all ran away to be Jeedai or Fettishists, leaving us to crack jokes, make fun of one another, and otherwise note how much cooler we were than everyone else on the SOE forums. Eventually we would take turns becoming disenfranchised, leave, join a forum for other disenfranchised SWG smugglers, forget our logins to said third-party forum, come back to SWG, crack jokes again, leave again.

Finally, in the end, some of us were left wondering how many fat kids it took to create that unfortunate obsession with beer and pie that the later smugglers had.
Let me get this straight. If the Dark Side (Sith) has the cookies, then the slack side (smugglers) has the beer?

If so, I'm good with that.
May the mass x acceleration be with you.

Melkathi's Avatar


Melkathi
01.25.2012 , 09:46 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by mousestalker View Post
Let me get this straight. If the Dark Side (Sith) has the cookies, then the slack side (smugglers) has the beer?

If so, I'm good with that.
Ooooh!
Mousestalker.
Now that's a name I remember from the DragonAge forum