Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Story a bit underwhelming?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Story a bit underwhelming?

ArchonSaar
01.23.2012 , 12:47 PM | #1
After reading everywhere on the forums how IA story is the best, I thought to give it a try; So far I'm in Chapter 1 and all I do is...root out terrorists. Like really? That's the best story ever?

Don't get me wrong, but between playing something that seems like a tipical american movie (terorists threaten our great nation, they plan to shoot a nuke over us, send...Tom Cruise ) and fighting ghosts or exploring ancient tombs, I think I choose ghosts

Does it get any better or what?

BubbleDncr
01.23.2012 , 01:12 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchonSaar View Post
After reading everywhere on the forums how IA story is the best, I thought to give it a try; So far I'm in Chapter 1 and all I do is...root out terrorists. Like really? That's the best story ever?

Don't get me wrong, but between playing something that seems like a tipical american movie (terorists threaten our great nation, they plan to shoot a nuke over us, send...Tom Cruise ) and fighting ghosts or exploring ancient tombs, I think I choose ghosts

Chapter 2 is where it really gets crazy.

raelimar
01.23.2012 , 01:17 PM | #3

If you like Jack Bauer, Jason Bourne, and James Bond, play an Agent. If you like Ghostbusters, play an Inquisitor. Honestly though, you do move forward from a traditional "fight the enemies of the Empire" storyline. Your terrorist-fighting days are largely over after Act 1. Act Two focuses on the Republic and the Empire, and Act Three is focused on...well, more secrets than you'll find in your damn tombs, you robe wearing hippie!
KRAETHOS
Operative - Requiem

Kaalkingdom
01.23.2012 , 01:25 PM | #4
THANK YOU! I thought it was me! I love the IA story until the end. I was SHOCKED how it ended.

I have endured the IA as an operative healer (I have not felt epic EVER) because the story was so good, until the end.

Now, not only do I NOT feel epic, I feel cheated on how my story ended.

Please PLEASE fix the IA Operative Healer. You don't feel epic EVER.
Kaeli - OTG - Empire Chapter Leader
"Laid back, not so serious, no drama. All about the fun!"
www.oldtimersguild.com
Carla, host of Corellian Run Radio

raelimar
01.23.2012 , 01:29 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaalkingdom View Post
THANK YOU! I thought it was me! I love the IA story until the end. I was SHOCKED how it ended.

I have endured the IA as an operative healer (I have not felt epic EVER) because the story was so good, until the end.

Now, not only do I NOT feel epic, I feel cheated on how my story ended.

Please PLEASE fix the IA Operative Healer. You don't feel epic EVER.
If your story didn't feel epic when it ended, then you didn't pick the same ending I did...
KRAETHOS
Operative - Requiem

LyriaFrost
01.23.2012 , 01:57 PM | #6
I'm thoroughly enjoying the Agent quests right now. I'm only 26th, and just got to Tatooine, but I've really enjoyed the "secret agent" feeling of all the questlines thus far. Sure, it's "just" rooting out terrorists and such, but it definitely gives me a serious Jane Bond type of feel, which I like.

My agent has been leaning fairly heavily dark side, mostly because she takes her job very seriously, and has no compunction against hurting someone to get them to talk. She DOES have a few lines she absolutely won't cross (such as betraying her own people, like the quest on Balmorra asks her to do -- she's Chiss), but so far it's been a blast. Favorite story thus far!

And it gets even better in act-2?!

ArchonSaar
01.23.2012 , 02:09 PM | #7
I do like James Bond, but the whole 'terrorist' theme seems a bit too common and overused...and definitely not expected in a Star Wars game...Not to mention all the terorrist look the same, ffs!

ElizaAllTiedUp
01.23.2012 , 02:46 PM | #8
Ever since starting the last part of chapter one, I keep finding myself saying things like: "Oh my god. Wait, WHAT? Did they...? No way. THEY DID. OH, **** NO." Chapter 2 is bonkers so far, and I'm really hoping I'm gonna get to shove my boot up some rear ends eventually. I love the IA story.

LyriaFrost
01.23.2012 , 04:22 PM | #9
I do like James Bond, but the whole 'terrorist' theme seems a bit too common and overused...and definitely not expected in a Star Wars game...Not to mention all the terorrist look the same, ffs!
Call them "seditionists", then. Or "rebels".

I haven't seen them "all look the same". I've seen several alien species represented. I'm only to tatooine so far though.

Veigh
01.23.2012 , 04:51 PM | #10
I'm guessing you don't enjoy James Bond films. Then the IA might not be for you..