Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP Guardian or Sentinel?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
PVP Guardian or Sentinel?

Mealtimelol
01.26.2012 , 03:35 AM | #1
Hey guys just started to lvl my Jedi and reaches lvl 10 now, for advanced class should i pick Guardian or Sentinel?

im mostly going to pvp so is the Guardian dps specc viable in pvp?
and hows the dps compared to sentinel?

DaDe
01.26.2012 , 03:55 AM | #2
Guardian can do massive amount of damage in pvp. A Guardian in my guild get's like 8-12 medals all the time for protecting and do damage.
Dunn | 50 | Vanguard |
Chasmi | 50 | Assassin |
Sek'nos | 50 | Marauder |
Beertastic | 50 | Guardian |

Helig
01.26.2012 , 04:14 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DaDe View Post
Guardian can do massive amount of damage in pvp. A Guardian in my guild get's like 8-12 medals all the time for protecting and do damage.
"Massive" amounts of damage come from buff-stacked, high-Expertise Focus bombs hitting low-Expertise targets.

As for the OP, it largely depends on playstyle. If you have an organized Group, Guardian would be an excellent choice, because it can lower the damage to your group dramatically. But it does take time to get used to constantly juggling Guard - if you're running Soresu at all. If you're running Shii-Cho, or Shien, you can still taunt and Guardian Leap towards friendlies, softening up focusfire greatly, while laying down the smack. I'm playing a Guardian tank as my main, and I can't really complain a lot when I'm running with my guildies.

If you're more of a solo guy, go Sentinel. On my Annihilation Marauder, I generally stay on the fringes of the fight, lock down\kill healers and powerful nukers, such as Grav Round\Tracer Missile spammers, harass the enemy with fear, bleeds and slows to interrupt objectives, and get the hell out with Camo, when things get hairy.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie