what do you guys think is the best looking heavy armor?

zapkeet

for Level 50 characters?

I'm a bit conflicted here, on one hand I really like the mid 40s synthweaved armors, but the level 50 armor that you can synthweave really looks not so good, granted I'll still try to wear it, it might look better on me than on a small preview screen. As for the rest of the PVP armor...what? I just don't like a lot of them from the ones i've scanned :\. Do you get any better looking ones from questing?

The pvp 50s ones are the worse possible armor. If your hoping for good looks with pvp....forget it. Only when they add ability to completely strip out mods from pvp to orange will we be saved.

The pve 50s vendors, the armor is better, it dont look that bad, id wear.

Overall, honestly, the best loooking armor...is orange gear. Find a set you like, collect it, and be ready to mod it whenever the devs get around to adding that feature.

Somehow i got a feeling they purposely made the best looking gear be orange.

The best set for JK is the Jedi Battlelord's set. Random drops from lvl 40-50 mobs across the galaxy. there is another post about the set.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=125879

I got all the parts and it looks great, only I wish the hood was down.

WTB Hood Toggle feature.

But yeah that, the Battlelord's set looks pretty amazing imo. Just gotta get the thing....

I wore my classic Obi-Wan robe till I got a level 136 chestpiece. I still keep upgrading my old robe with leftover mods from PvP gear dupes, hoping that someday, I will be able to rip that Armoring part from my PvE or PvP chestguard and slap it on my favorite piece of clothing.