Voice acting on makeb....missing something

Hierodule

ISTM that the voice acting of the Makeb storyline so far is a bit...flat? I'm playing a female imperial agent and it just seems like some of dialog choices I'm making should come with a bit more emotional punch and they almost seem to be in a dead monotone. The female imperial member of my 'team' (name forgotten) especially seems this way. (the male sith is better)

Might be my memory, but i didn't have this impression with the earlier class

Oh and i HATE the voice actor who does the macrobinocular mission intro. I guess if the character is supposed to be a bit dim, it somewhat works, but its very grating.

I don't agree, I thought all the acting was about the same as usual. The type of lines the characters do are very much down to business in most cases, especially playing the IA and trying to be more on the tactical side, but I play a male IA and he always has been subtle.

Only thing that I thought was kind of funny is how often I've heard Steve Blum on different characters.

Oh and i HATE the voice actor who does the macrobinocular mission intro. I guess if the character is supposed to be a bit dim, it somewhat works, but its very grating.

I liked Evie Bo's acting. Mortis' voice, on the other hand, I agree. Apparently his voice actor got changed.

Edited by DarthThuzad

Marr is awesome, true. I think the problem with Katha Niar....is that she has really long pauses. In between her sentences....

Loved her character as well. Would have loved to see someone along her lines, during the Imperial Agent storyline... Not saying there weren't awesome characters here and there but overall, it was rare to see anyone displaying any dedication and / or sense of duty, without sounding like a droid.

I haven't experienced a problem (so far) on my BH, but my JK did feel rather...muted. Even in emergency situations like

When the cave was collapsing when you rescued the niece

and he was basically saying they had to get the blazes out of there, it almost sounded like he was talking in a whisper. Like I said, my BH, no problem. Haven't really tried trooper yet, but we'll see.

On another thread someone posted an old preview video of the game from 2009. That made me realize that the voice actors had their lines done and in place years ago, and I wonder if going back and revisiting their old roles after so much time isn't always as easy as it seems. Most of my characters so far sound fine, but I have definitely noticed some minor differences here and there. My female smuggler sometimes sounds a bit too serious and less mischievous than I remember her, but so far my female agent sounds exactly the same. Once or twice the male smuggler would say something and I'd be like, "huh?" because his tone sounded completely different. It was rare though.

I'm very excited to hear Vector sounding so chatty while walking about. He sounds the same. When I first entered one of the areas on Makeb with my warrior though, Malavai piped up with something and I thought, "whoa." Sometimes I find his voice to be a bit nasally for my tastes (but appropriate for his character for sure) but that time it was like "holy sexy Batman! What got into you?" :o

Not only that, the writing is totally different. The way my Bounty Hunter is speaking is not even remotely similar to the 1-50 experience. Before, he used to have interesting, snappy lines, now he is droning on for 3 or 4 sentences at a time.