Shadysketchy's Tier List For SWTOR's Classes

Shadysketchy

Updated 12/31/2011

Details below list

Tier 1) BH Mercenary, SI Sorcerer

Tier 2) BH Powertech, SI Assassin, IA Operative

Tier 3) SW Juggernaut

Tier 4) SW Marauder, IA Sniper

BH Mercenary - Healer/Ranged DPS with a self-replenishing casting Resource, that gets the Heaviest Armor in the game. I'm a little surprised this Class made it into the Release build in it's current state, but anyway, this is why you see so many Bounty Hunters

SI Sorcerer - Excellent DoT DPS, Decent Healing, and the most Utility in the game. This Class is lackluster in PvP, due to Light Armor and not-great survivability, but it's still an amazing Class in a Raiding Environment

BH Powertech - Best Tank in the game, excellent AoE damage, passable mostly Melee DPS

SI Assassin - Good Tank, good Melee DPS, and Stealth for PvP

IA Operative - Decent Healer, good mostly Melee burst DPS, and Stealth for PvP

SW Juggernaut - Lackluster Tank and lackluster Melee DPS; this Class needs to be buffed, a lot, but it's not a fundamentally non-viable Class, just poorly scaled at 50

SW Marauder - Pure DPS Class in a game with no hybrid taxes, not viable

IA Sniper - Pure DPS Class in a game with no hybrid taxes, not viable

Flavor of the month — Bounty Hunter Mercenary

Best DPS — Bounty Hunter Mercenary

Best Healer — Bounty Hunter Mercenary

Best Tank — Bounty Hunter Powertech

Bounty Hunters and Sith Warriors should be re-evaluated, and brought more into the middle of SWTOR's Class balance. As it stands now, pretty much every is a Bounty Hunter, or a Sith Sorcerer

Details

So a big part of every MMO is which Class is the most viable. Viable Classes come in all shapes and colors, though, and a lot of people get confused. This is my Tier List for SWTOR's Classes. Feel free the post any disagreements, and speak up if you think a Class should be moved to a different spot; or even post your own version.

This is divided by Advanced Class, with Empire Terminology (Since the majority of the playerbase is Empire, and to keep the list clean and readable; but keep in mind, there's no real difference between the Empire/Republic Mirrors), with Base Class abbreviated, and Advanced Class in full words (again to save space).

Code:

Classes:

SW = Sith Warrior (mirror = Jedi Knight)

SI = Sith Inquisitor (mirror = Jedi Consular)

BH = Bounty Hunter (mirror = Trooper)

IA = Imperial Agent (mirror = Smuggler)

Tiers:

Flavor of the Month = The current best Class in the game, and of course, very overplayed

Tier 1 = These are the most viable Classes, best in show

Tier 2 = These Classes are still viable, but not as good as Tier 1

Tier 3 = These Classes aren't too viable, but can still pull their weight, played correctly

Tier 4 = Bad, These Classes are not viable, I strongly advise against playing one of these

I completely disagree with everythijng you posted as its all opinion based. And its all 100% wrong. Lol I will however admit you did get me to post, so score for that, but wow what a troll post with 100% inaccurate and untrue information. PLus, its all vastly biased.

Yep, I = sucker on this one.

I completely disagree with everythijng you posted as its all opinion based. And its all 100% wrong. Lol I will however admit you did get me to post, so score for that, but wow what a troll post with 100% inaccurate and untrue information. PLus, its all vastly biased.

Yep, I = sucker on this one.

I don't think you know what "troll", "troll post", or "trolling" means

Anyway, what do you disagree with? Where would you place each Class?

Please don't listen to this guy. He's trying to get e-famous like Elementz from LoL. It's not going to work buddy. Sorry.

SW Marauder - Pure DPS Class in a game with no hybrid taxes, not viable

IA Sniper - Pure DPS Class in a game with no hybrid taxes, not viable

Show me proof that Sniper and Marauder do less damage than a hybrid class. Otherwise, these classes are more than capable of filling a DPS slot, which makes them viable.

Edited by WarTornPanda

Elementz is popular on the internet, because he's a Pro-Gamer, not because he made a Tier List

Lots of people make Tier Lists

This isn't League of Legends, brah. People don't change their character at the beginning of each game they play. They don't care about tier lists. They will play what they like and if they feel that it is underpowered they will let the developers know. If the developers don't fix the class, they will switch or quit. They don't want a list to tell them what to play.

Edited by WarTornPanda

This isn't League of Legends, brah. People don't change their character at the beginning of each game they play. They don't care about tier lists. They will play what they like and if they feel that it is underpowered they will let the developers know. If the developers don't fix the class, they will switch or quit. They don't want a list to tell them what to play.

Then think of this as a Balance Guide for BioWare

MMORPGs aren't balanced around 1v1, and no content involves only two players; 1v1 is irrelevant

Alright then 8 Shadows against 8 BH's.

Also, I've had plenty of 1v1 opportunities in this game.

Edited by Kadoozy

Just putting out there, but from what I look from a tank pov your absolutely correct. Juggernaut feels like a tank that has not actually had been looked as a tank other then as a 'yeah lets make one, just in case we need one'.

Also isn't this one of the best arguments for PVE and PVP for parsing tools AND combat logs? Yes at the moment mercenaries feel 'sligthly' over powered (I use the word slightly becouse word extensively might indicate Epeen). Who the heck came up with a tank class with one high threat move, one taunt, one lackluster aoe at level 30? And don't you dare say 'stay in stance' becouse that would imply your initial threat of skills would be enough to actually justify gimped out rage generation from hits, but as it is even your companions can cause issues in tanking with high ammounts of threat and that certainly isn't right.

And before you start using the arguments 'maybe your just a bad player' I have had extensive tanking experience and I refuse to play DD classes in MMO's in general. I have allways pushed my tanking skills to the limit of tools available, and the fact is that the tools are not available that should be for juggernaut.

Lol

Why would any Raid Team, or Rated PvP Team consist of eight of the same Class?

I was just trying to undermine your reasoning as to why 1v1 doesn't matter :) obviously they wouldn't. But you act as if a single bounty hunter is an unstoppable force when I can bring them down with barely suffering a scratch. It's all about the player, not the class.

I was just trying to undermine your reasoning as to why 1v1 doesn't matter :) obviously they wouldn't. But you act as if a single bounty hunter is an unstoppable force when I can bring them down with barely suffering a scratch. It's all about the player, not the class.

No one said Bounty Hunters are an unsptoppable force, or said anything about 1v1

Bounty Hunters are just the most viable Class right now

I have a friend who actively looks at lists to see what is the "best". It makes me sad.

Viable for what exactly? I've been playing happily as an IA sniper in solo PVE content, heroics, flashpoints and PVP. I haven't got to a Operation yet but I'm pretty sure that I'll still be useful then.

Pure DPS Classes are not viable compared to Hybrids, in a game with no Hybrid Taxes

Pure DPS Classes are not viable compared to Hybrids, in a game with no Hybrid Taxes

Why? Same level of DPS just in a different style, if it's the fact that I can't respec/dualspec as a healer or tank that hardly matters as I'm a terrible healer and IA can't tank regardless.