How much cash have you spent upgrading your rig to make this game playable...

sdre

... only to be disappointed end game?

For me, the things I bought :

Windows 7 64 Bit (Running a MBP, running swtor on bootcap) : 100 bucks

Razer black widow keyboard : 120 bucks

Razer naga : 99 bucks

Laptop cooler fan (Because hardware heats up too fast): 49 bucks

Total damage to wallet : around 350 bucks

:(

What about you guys?

I bought an entirely new computer, but not just for SWTOR. I wanted to be able to play modern games with a solid FPS.

My old comp would get like 10 FPS in warzones :p The game became so much better once I logged in with my new comp.

It actually made me continue my subscription.

What about you guys?

Wow crazzzzy..... over half of that spent on a keyboard and mouse... when all you really need is bog stad microsoft off shelf one and a std wired mouse.. there is nothing in this game that demands anything more.. only person to blame im afraid for the disaointment is yourself... thats crazy silly.

My nothing special HP DV9590 Laptop runs this game just fine without any heating issues and its only running Vista Ultimate 32bit, 4mb Ram and an Nvidia 8600M GPU (nowt special).. sure its in low res but i find that more than acceptable tbh. I can run it in high res but pefer 30-50 fps than 10-20fps any day but am i gunna fork out to upgrade summing i find more than acceptable.. not a chance.

IT hardware suppliers must be laughing all the way to the bank ever since SWTOR hit the market... its got issues but not to the point you need to spend silly money on mice and keyboards just to play it...

What about you guys?

thats you own fault. you didn't have to buy the razer stuff to make the game "playable". anyways i spent nothing. bought a laptop a week before it came out for the use of music and video editing. just so happened that tor ran on it.

Well, I spent about $75 on a new keyboard, but that was a coincidence, i assure you. I was planning on getting a new ergonomic one anyway.

And to be honest, this is a MMO. It's not going to have top-tier graphics anyways, so upgrading for it is just silly if you ask me.

thats you own fault. you didn't have to buy the razer stuff to make the game "playable". anyways i spent nothing. bought a laptop a week before it came out for the use of music and video editing. just so happened that tor ran on it.

i wasn't implying it was swtor's fault really.

before launch, i was hyped about the game so much so that i wanted the best gaming experience for it.

Mid way, even through the issues of overheating, i tried to make things better by buying a fan cooler to reduce the heat to make the gameplay better...

but its really all for naught

Please read the post carefully before flaming me :(

SNIP...

What about you guys?

I've spent nothing and I'm kicking *** and talking names.

In comparrison to all the other MMO's out there. SWTOR has it just about right as a newly released MMO.

We're rocking all content through HM and getting ready for nightmare and having a blast.

I didn't need to spend any cash other than getting the game.

Sounds like your trouble is with your PC, not SWTOR.

$0, and I run everything on the Highest settings @ 1920x1200, sans shadows on my original Core 2 Quad 9450 and GTX470 I upgraded to when they were first released like a year and a half ago. It wasn't a preemptive strike, my 9800GT died. Edited by SDTAXantos

I've spent nothing and I'm kicking *** and talking names.

In comparrison to all the other MMO's out there. SWTOR has it just about right as a newly released MMO.

We're rocking all content through HM and getting ready for nightmare and having a blast.

I didn't need to spend any cash other than getting the game.

Sounds like your trouble is with your PC, not SWTOR.

just read my post before responding. srsly.

I built a new rig from the ground up - not specifically for this game, but part of it.

120GB SSD

Sandybridge 2500k i5 (with aftermarket heat sink)

16 mb ram

ASRock Mobo

New powersupply

New coolmaster case

.. couple other odds and ends here and there.

Cost me just a hair over 850.00 all told. If you figure in the graphics card (6950), just a little over a grand.

I have never had a FPS issue with this setup.

Edited by Shinavast

Razer black widow keyboard : 120 bucks <--- Not needed. My simple run of the mill keyboard is fine

Razer naga : 99 bucks <--- Not needed. My simple run of the mill mouse is fine

What about you guys?

I got 8 GB instead of 4 now. What was causing my lag is my computer was in Power Conservation mode, put it on High Performance mode and boom, 35-60 FPS everywhere (haven't tried the fleet yet), even in WZs