Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Power pools]: why do we switch them?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
[Power pools]: why do we switch them?

Laurreth
12.13.2013 , 07:18 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Vember View Post
I rarely ever use F2
In my experience you can dance around a satellite pretty much forever with boosted shields unless half an armada is going for you. It's a huge boost to survivability as long as you can frequently break line of sight to avoid gunships and missiles, and a valuable tool for the last Strike Fighter to try and hold the fort until reinforcements arrive.
I like how the whining about "censored" butts started instantly but it took 2 days for someone to notice the legs are also ****ed up rantboi

Sangrar
12.13.2013 , 11:32 AM | #22
changing power pools is really useful. For insntance, if you are a scout and need alot of engine power then you press f3 and get extra power to the engines so the engine power bar recharges faster. If you are a gunship, you want blaster power to regenerate faster so you press f1. Or maybe you are a strike fighter in a dogfight and need more shields, press f2 and you get slightly more powerful shields that recharge faster. The only disadvantage is that with one overcharged the other two's regeneration is cut in half, if you want it all even press f4. It really helps in some situations.
Click this REFFERAL LINK for free character transfer, free inventory slot, and one week free sub time for preferred and subscribed accounts! You can read more about it HERE

JimG
12.13.2013 , 06:20 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Snotrq View Post
But wasn't sure if I was actually dealing more damage in weapon stance. I was only sure about what Oteefo said, aka the regen downsides.

I'm still not sure tho. I do feel Laurreth is right (because why the shield stance would benefit the shield if the blaster one don't increase their damage/ even more logic for the motor pool), and I feel dealing more damage in blaster stance. But maybe it's placebo? Again I'm only sure about the regen & shield effects.
No, it's not increasing your DPS per shot. It's increasing your power available for your weapon systems. Using your weapons drains power from your weapons system. Boosting power to the weapons system allows you more use of your weapons before the power drains out. With engines, if you boost or use special abilities, it drains power from your engines...and others can drain your engine power with certain abilities. Increasing the engine power let's you use those power-consuming abilities more often and withstand the engine draining abilities of others more often. Raising engine power is particularly helpful in the initial race to the nodes and when moving from one node to another or re-spawning.

Serrit
12.13.2013 , 06:31 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Saerosxx View Post
Ok I tried it on the tutorial Satellites to establish how much the increase will be and with power to weapons or shields the average hit was 291 and with power to Blasters it jumped to 390 so it is a significant boost to your dps and not only to the regeneration (as far as I can tell without a proper 1v1 dueling mode )
Fantastic, thanks Saerosxx. So that appears to be a 15% boost to primary weaapons when prioritising them, or a 15% loss when prioristising another system.

(
Avg of low power and prio power = (290+390)/2 = 340.5.
Low power as % of average = 290/340.5 = 85.4%
High power as % of average = 390/340.5 = 114.53%
)

Botho
12.13.2013 , 06:37 PM | #25
all the F key setting have a passive effect indeed, as you mention just having Power to Blasters increases Regen and the actual damage per hit, Shield go up a notch, for example green to Blue.

As for Engines, you definetly travel faster with, I dont think your boost is exactly increase in speed tho probably since it seems to be a percentage value of your base speed, but in any case your regular flight speed is definetly faster with and without "W"