Kira Carsen conversation "missions"

VitalityPrime

I could be mistaken, but I don't think there is a way to miss any of the companion missions. They're gated behind either affection or your place in the class story. And if, for example, you advance past the trigger point in the story, but don't yet have the affection... it'll still unlock for you as soon as you do have the affection at the necessary level. Same works in reverse, you can have more than the needed affection, but not be able to advance through more companion dialogue until you pass a certain point in the story.

There used to be a link that I can't seem to find now that talked about the tiers of affection to when convos unlock... but google is failing me right now >.< hopefully my above ramble helps with what you're looking for.

You cannot miss any conversations with your companions. They are tied to both the affection level you have with them and your progress in your story. Even if you immediately max out affection with one companion the moment you get them, you will not all conversations with them immediately (except when they are a super latecomer like, say, Xalek).

Kira for instance will not talk to you very much during Chapter 1. One of her conversations for instance is tied to your progress in your story (between Nar Shaddaa and Tatooine). She will not open up to you until Chapter 2.

As noted, you can't miss conversations; they're gated by your main story plot progress and your affection with that companion, but as long as you're progressing both you'll stay on track.

If you're curious about the affection component of the progress gates, Dulfy has listed them here. If you reached a conversation point and aren't getting a conversation, it's because you haven't reached the corresponding point in your class story.

• 1 month later...
Kira Carsen. Why did I waste all those companion gifts on her to try and get the melee DPS companion buff before the final mission, when you've got a conversation I can't hear until AFTER I finish the JK?

Still better than not having a romance comp 'till close to end, like how the Consular gets no romance 'till Felix Iresso.

Well. You can't 'miss' conversations in the sense that you'll always get about the same number of them. The dialogue in some of the companion conversation missions does however alter significantly sometimes depending on when you do them in relation to the class story.

And in turn some of the conversation options in your class story missions can also vary depending on which companion conversations you've done/not done yet and the options you've chosen. Mostly in relation to the romance option companions and whether you've gotten the started romance flag yet from what I've seen.

Basically, you get a convo every 1000 affection, but you need to finish the second chapter at least before the romancing goes all the way through to marrying them.

Good to know but here is the tril;lion dolar question for BW, if u don't have let's say 6K+ affection with Kira at the end of Chapter 1 but u do all conversations u can before u go onto the next planet with her as ur companion then as u get 1K affection or w/e u need to get to 6K could u do some conversations later in the Jedi Knight's story line in chapter 2 and not miss the marring Kira and advance to thinking about a family conversation?

• 2 months later...
Are you guys sure you can't "miss" these conversations with Kira? I've completed Corellia and my active class mission now is Doomsday which I believe should be the last, or one of the last ones. Haven't started it yet though, so no spoilers ;) I have 10000 affection with Kira and I have successfully romanced her, and I'm pretty sure I've done most everything right. However, we haven't gotten married or started talking about kids. Could it be that I have mostly had Doc with me for the big bosses at the end of the class quests? I've noticed that most of the Kira romance conversations have happened after you complete major class quests with her.

Are you guys sure you can't "miss" these conversations with Kira? I've completed Corellia and my active class mission now is Doomsday which I believe should be the last, or one of the last ones. Haven't started it yet though, so no spoilers ;) I have 10000 affection with Kira and I have successfully romanced her, and I'm pretty sure I've done most everything right. However, we haven't gotten married or started talking about kids. Could it be that I have mostly had Doc with me for the big bosses at the end of the class quests? I've noticed that most of the Kira romance conversations have happened after you complete major class quests with her.

Kira's a very special case in that you can't get her last convo until after the very last Knight story mission. The only other companion like that is Khem Val, who is similarly locked out until you completely finish the Inquisitor's story.

Kira's a very special case in that you can't get her last convo until after the very last Knight story mission. The only other companion like that is Khem Val, who is similarly locked out until you completely finish the Inquisitor's story.

Thanks a lot for the reply. I figured stuff would happen after the last mission. But since Xakthul wrote that you at least have to finish the second chapter before they marry and stuff, and I'm at the end of the third chapter and it still hasn't happened, I was a bit worried I had missed some and my knight won't get lucky before this story is over. We've talked about marriage but it hasn't happened yet. Oh well, I'll see after the last quest.

Btw: is there a possibility to continue the Kira story after chapter 3, since the storyline has been extended to a chapter 4? Or is the Kira story tied to the original story only?

It does feel like all the relationships turn a bit sour once they reach their conclusion. You marry your love and then basically the two of you never speak to each other again. We had all those adventures together but afterwards we just couldn't make it work. The excitement has gone and the ship almost echoes with the stony silence of our loveless marriage. :)

Can't expect them to keep adding new companion story stuff I guess, but it would be cool. The only way I can see it happening these days is "Companion Story Expansion Packs" on the Cartel Market. A bit like those cutscenes about the Shroud you can buy.

Edited by PLynkes

It does feel like all the relationships turn a bit sour once they reach their conclusion. You marry your love and then basically the two of you never speak to each other again. We had all those adventures together but afterwards we just couldn't make it work. The excitement has gone and the ship almost echoes with the stony silence of our loveless marriage. :)

Can't expect them to keep adding new companion story stuff I guess, but it would be cool. The only way I can see it happening these days is "Companion Story Expansion Packs" on the Cartel Market. A bit like those cutscenes about the Shroud you can buy.

This could definetely use some tweaking. A few more cutscenes/conversation missions here and there after chapter 3 has ended, even just changing the replies you get when you click that character. It feels a bit depressing that her reply phrases are the same throughout the game, same the first day you meet her as after you're happily in love. It would feel a lot more alive if the idle conversation changed a bit throughout the story to reflect your progressing relationship.

This would of course require them to get the voice actors to a studio and record new stuff when they didn't think of making it like this from the beginning.