Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Playable Race in 1.4 (Cathar to stay or go?)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
New Playable Race in 1.4 (Cathar to stay or go?)

TheDurken
02.25.2013 , 10:15 AM | #121
I bet we'll see it thrown into the xpack. Hopefully. It would be a bit disappointing if we didn't get a new race or class (I really don't see a new class being implemented in this game ever though due to Class Stories) in RotHC.

Izorii
02.25.2013 , 12:43 PM | #122
Latest news on Cathar ;

SWTOR-RP: Roleplayers are always excited to expand their storytelling horizons with new challenges, and we look forward to new ways to do that with such additions to the species like the Cathar. Will there ever be a chance to add other species with the Cartel Market or other means?

Damion Schubert: The answer to this is pretty astonishingly simple – if the Cathar do well, more species will be high on our priority list. If not, this will be a lower priority for us. We definitely have other species that we would like to do, and we’re well aware of the ones the fans consider the most desired. That being said, creating a new player species is a huge amount of work – just because you see NPCs in the game of your favored species, that doesn’t mean it’s anywhere near ready to go. Player species needs art created in a certain way to be customizable, and all of those customization options need to be built to work together. Some races have unique problems in terms of how the art interacts with their worn gear. All that being said, we want to do more, and we are very hopeful that the Cathar proves that there is an appetite for the content that justifies the work.

Which is what I think we all knew. Personally I am not sure if I trust them or if this is a way to get people who want other species to buy a species they dont want so hopefully they might release another species and as Cathar seem to have taken 6 months+ to come out even if we all purchase them might be another 6 months+ before we see the next species.

darkvslightsides
03.16.2013 , 08:59 PM | #123
1) Yes!
2) Aric Jorgan in one of my favorite companions and I would like to continue my legacy with cathar children as Aric the father. Also the Cathar are a interesting species so learning about there heritage would be cool
3) Other species I would like to see are Wookies. I've heard rumors about the new star movies coming out with Disney with Chubaka's nephew as a Jedi so it wouldn't be just a smuggler race and a trooper Wookies would be neat.
4) In a way the Cathar do seem a bit mor Republic aligned but I think if you ad the right features to design your cathar as a Sith it would make up for it
5) I do not find the cathar to be to much like humans. If you do it's like saying a twi'lek is like a human. In my opinion the are enough of a seperate allian than the human
6) Please don't not make the cathar!!! My legacy would be perfect if you made them! Aric jorgan is going to be my companion I have romance with and it would be so cool of I could add Chathar children to the legacy! They are a cool race you see all over the game and I think if you add the right features when making a Sith cathar they would be really cool.

ColaWindstar
03.16.2013 , 11:36 PM | #124
1) Yes
2) I already have a character planned
3) I would love Wookies, jawas, or yoda's race, sadly it just wouldn't work out. (with the lattermost though, it would be amazing to finally get some real info on Yoda's people)
4) Possibly, but Imperial Intelligence and Zash have shown pragmatism in who they recruit. Bounty hunters, well, we see a Cathar Bounty hunter in the BH storyline. Not like there's a rigid structure and and hierarchy of bounty hunters to discriminate.
5) Truthfully, yes, but this is a problem with the Star Wars universe in general. George Lucas isn't honestly known for his originality, and when most of the verse was developed, they had technical limitations to consider.
6) Attracting Catgirl RPer types, but really, what would they do that Twi'lek girls don't? So it's a non-issue.

ColaWindstar
03.17.2013 , 07:34 PM | #125
Why is it that this thread, which holds a much more constructive outlook on the Cathar thing is being overlooked in favor of a much more base one that just immediately shoots down the idea and has the OP propose they know what the entire playerbase wants?

Anyway though, bumping this.

Jedi_Thran_Kuro
03.18.2013 , 10:56 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by tornadodude View Post
1) Remove Cathar
2) Add Jawa

Enough said.
Would kill for a Jawa player character option.

Well...in warzones, anyway, I would kill.
Coruscanti Aegis - http://coruscantiaegis.guildlaunch.com

Rep Toons: Thran, Ooteenee, Andara, Ati-Tood, Janaara

Imp Toons: Arath, Smurfit, Akanei

Akash
03.18.2013 , 11:01 AM | #127
I am not a big Cathar guy, which surprises me as I used to play Vah-Shir in EQ1.

I would like to see Nautolans and Muun.

But what I would LOVE to see is Yodas and Jawas. That would be pretty epic.
Memnon - 50 Commando ~ Untagonis - 50 Juggs
Adepta - 50 Sniper ~ Khatovar - 50 Sin ~ Varpaal - Mid level Sin
Antagonis - Mid level Operative ~ Jenize - Mid level Sentinel
Osanobua - Mid level Merc ~ Ka'Tahar - Mid level Juggs

nnaydolem
03.18.2013 , 11:10 AM | #128
Not starting another character until we get the cathar...please make good on what you promised. thank you.