The best thing bioware could do right now is

haluo

Give everyone one more free month to play, so they don't lose a high percent of people who are not going to re subscribe, because I cant speak for everyone here, but I have a feeling many people are going to not re subscribe which is tragic.

however if Bioware was to give us one more free month, people would still play and each week they release new patches it might be enough to keep them from leaving and never returning.

Give everyone one more free month to play, so they don't lose a high percent of people who are not going to re subscribe, because I cant speak for everyone here, but I have a feeling many people are going to not re subscribe which is tragic.

however if Bioware was to give us one more free month, people would still play and each week they release new patches it might be enough to keep them from leaving and never returning.

no, each week some people would be pissed off that they did not add the EXACT thing that they wanted, and chances are, they wont adress many of the stupid issues people complain about (not bugs, other crap like LFG and such) within the next month.

On the other hand, they could cut their losses. It's obvious they're fixing stuff. People leaving now are probably going to leave after another month, anyway.

I've seen some numbers on how many people have subbed. Bioware can afford to lose a chunk of them, and more people will take their places. They don't need to start giving the game away for free, especially not at this point when it's still very new.

Besides, sending a signal that "we need to give our game away or people will quit" would be a stunningly bad PR move.

Edited by imtrick

Square-Enix gave FFXIV players over a year of free game time while they "fixed the game".

Yeah but that was literally because the game was so far from finished it was absolutely shameful for them to release it in the first place.

This game is at least finished, albeit rough around the edges

That's a terrible idea. A free month? Please tell me you are joking. If you think there's a lot of people who won't subscribe, you're delusional. The servers are constantly at full capacity. The whiners on these forums are not a representation of the success of the game.

Disagree.

If people want to quit over minor things in an overall great game, fine.

They've already stated they're working on the biggest issue. (the animations/cast times)

The other things are secondary, and can be added in with time.

WoW was the same way when it came out. Things take time to mature into the perfect product for it's users. and it will.

On the other hand, they could cut their losses. It's obvious they're fixing stuff. People leaving now are probably going to leave after another month, anyway.

I've seen some numbers on how many people have subbed. Bioware can afford to lose a chunk of them, and more people will take their places. They don't need to start giving the game away for free, especially not at this point when it's still very new.

Besides, sending a signal that "we need to give our game away or people will quit" would be a stunningly bad PR move.

Your sig is very offensive.

The best thing they can do is talk to us, openly and honestly. Right now they rarely speak, and when they do it's so layered in non-answers that it's useless.

Justifying their lack of communication as "well they won't make everyone happy so they should stay silent" is for lack of a better term...dumb.

That's a terrible idea. A free month? Please tell me you are joking. If you think there's a lot of people who won't subscribe, you're delusional. The servers are constantly at full capacity. The whiners on these forums are not a representation of the success of the game.

so you think getting something for free is a bad thing?? /boggle

ps not all the servers are full, half of them are standard, some are light.

in fact right now go check the server status 1 server is full currently, there are few that are heavy and most are light, check them dude.

Edited by haluo

The best thing they can do is talk to us, openly and honestly. Right now they rarely speak, and when they do it's so layered in non-answers that it's useless.

Justifying their lack of communication as "well they won't make everyone happy so they should stay silent" is for lack of a better term...dumb.

Nah it's not dumb. John Adams used that same strategy to good effect during the XYZ Affair. I bet they have a history major somewhere on that payroll calling shots.

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that when a server is listed as being Standard, Light, or whatever, it's a representation of the server at that point in time. I only say this because I've logged on to a server when it was Full, and in the same day logged in again to it saying it was Heavy.

On the original topic, a free month is a terrible idea. This game isn't that bad. Honestly I think this is a good game. Does it need work? Of course. And do the employees need wages to work on it? Yes.

Now before somebody jumps on the fact that they already have enough money to pay for another month, I know. But the fact of the matter is that nobody should expect to get a free month out of a game they bought on the day of release. Honest to God, how many people expected a game with zero bugs that would be the most 100% perfect video game ever created? If you raised your hand you are delusional. If you can't live with the fact that this game isn't in that category, it's your own fault for buying it as early as you did. The forum posters have a completely unreal, and unreasonable expectation for this game and it will never live up to them so in the meantime I have to trudge through retarded posts all day long hoping to find something constructive.

The people who are gonna leave without that free month? Let them. And hopefully they leave the forum too.

so you think getting something for free is a bad thing?? /boggle

ps not all the servers are full, half of them are standard, some are light.

in fact right now go check the server status 1 server is full currently, there are few that are heavy and most are light, check them dude.

In Australian prime time only the Australian servers are full? Say it isn't so.

PS: No free time, lets get these freeloaders off the forums. :D

The game had the most successful MMORPG launch to date. There's absolutely no reason for them to do that.

The percentage of people that aren't going to renew will be minimal, and will be completely overwhelmed by those that will join. The "high percent of people who are not going to re subscribe" (whatever it means in English) is science fiction.

You can keep your doom and gloom in the closet. Thanks.

The game had the most successful MMORPG launch to date. There's absolutely no reason for them to do that.

The percentage of people that aren't going to renew will be minimal, and will be completely overwhelmed by those that will join. The "high percent of people who are not going to re subscribe" (whatever it means in English) is science fiction.

You can keep your doom and gloom in the closet. Thanks.

well maybe im wrong but i bet in a week the server populations will drop big time.

no point in us arguing in this thread any longer, lets just wait 7 days and see how many people are on the servers then.

Disagree.

If people want to quit over minor things in an overall great game, fine.

They've already stated they're working on the biggest issue. (the animations/cast times)

The other things are secondary, and can be added in with time.

WoW was the same way when it came out. Things take time to mature into the perfect product for it's users. and it will.

Sorry, WoW came out in 2005, this is 2012. If you want to make a game to compete with WoW, you its needs to be up to the standard that WoW is at now, not when it was released.

well maybe im wrong but i bet in a week the server populations will drop big time.

You're gonna lose that bet. It's that simple. As much as some seem to wish for this game to fail (must be mad that half their guilds from other MMORPGs left to come here, I guess), it's simply not going to happen.

Sorry, WoW came out in 2005, this is 2012. If you want to make a game to compete with WoW, you its needs to be up to the standard that WoW is at now, not when it was released.

Good, because SWTOR is leaps and bounds better than WoW now, and it isn't going to get pandas, which is an added bonus.

Edited by Abriael

I've been a part of many MMO launches post-WoW (so with entitled children). Most MMOs, even the really bad ones, don't see a drop after the first month.

Subscribers (Millions)

Subscribers 150k-1m

WoW

It's evident BW is dedicated to fixing things, even with the lack of communication. It's early but I think 2 millions is a good number by the end of the year if they fix the big things(delay, larger bugs) and add good new content. I also predict when Pandaria is released, there will be a slight drop to subscriptions for a bit, then a rocket up for ToR.

I was a part of Age of Conan and Warhammer launches. I loved both at the time, but there were SOOO MANY BUGS, not even close to the likes this game has. I believe Warhammer had the best chance, but it died because a lack of decent support and a huge imbalance in classes mid-game. Funny how both these games ended up badly.

Rift was meh. Graphics, gameplay, story... all meh. Reflected in it's meh numbers.

Edited by Smokeydubbs