The real reason Empire is more popular than Republic

MisterMT

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many theories, when the truth is out there for all to see...

British accents are sexier than American accents.

End of story.

At least they do not sound like Dick Van Dyke doing his cockney accents. Biggest reason i think is that so many thought most would go republic that they went imperial so they could level up faster. Problem is most did.

It could also be that in popular lore (movies, tv series etc) you mostly see jedi side portrayed so if you haven't read any books or lore outside of that you might be "sith-curious" so to speak. ;)

Yes the game is more than jedi/sith but that's the general plot anyway.

Also there is something about empire technology design that is very appealing, at least to me, their battleships, fighters, robots, it creates a very unique sci-fi setting. Who doesn't like tie fighters or imperial guards? ;)

End of story.

I must agree. My greatest sorrow when running the class quest line on Voss was that I could not loot the Sith guy's wonderful Scottish accent after killing him. Oh, and that one Imperial officer on Hoth who's working with the Republic to take down the White Maw Pirates. DAMN, I want that accent.

I like to think of myself as a generally kind hear-ted person. I'm the guy who gives people jump starts when their car battery is dead. I'm the guy that help push someones broken down car if I see them having car trouble, I'm the guy that will go out of my way if it will relive someone elses stress levels.

I believe this to be the norm for most people on the planet.

So when it comes time to roll pay, guess what kind of person I'm not going to role play.

When I'm role playing, I'm gonna be that ******e who doesn't give a **** about the little guy, and will only help you if I am some how getting myself a leg up.

Role playing this is fun.

Boba Fett disagrees

Boba can disagree all he wants, but all he ever did was stand at the side of greater men and get pwned by Han Solo by accident. I really never understood why he was popular. He never actually did anything cool whatsoever in the movies. I guess standing around holding a rifle was the cool thing back in the 80s.

Edited by Dayshadow

End of story.

That's actually the only real regret I have of playing Republic... hahahaha

Edited by Kaosbain

I like to think of myself as a generally kind hear-ted person. I'm the guy who gives people jump starts when their car battery is dead. I'm the guy that help push someones broken down car if I see them having car trouble, I'm the guy that will go out of my way if it will relive someone elses stress levels.

So when it comes time to roll pay, guess what kind of person I'm not going to role play.

When I'm role playing, I'm gonna be that ******e who doesn't give a **** about the little guy, and will only help you if I am some how getting myself a leg up.

This guy gets it.

Boba can disagree all he wants, but all he ever did was stand at the side of greater men and get pwned by Han Solo by accident. I really never understood why he was popular. He never actually did anything cool whatsoever in the movies. I guess standing around holding a rifle was the cool thing back in the 80s.

He looked cool and originally didn't talk, so you're all like, whats this guy all about? Then he fell into a giant lady part with teeth and died. What more could you want from a character?

I've tried that... and I've felt so guilty for my actions in Role play that I just don't do evil actions anymore. It's not for everyone. I just can't do evil without feeling bad. Even in video games. I just can't split the pretend me from the real me's morality I guess.

But more power to those that can, I'm glad you guys are having fun!

He looked cool and originally didn't talk, so you're all like, whats this guy all about? Then he fell into a giant lady part with teeth and died. What more could you want from a character?

With how suave and strong silent type-ish he was, that was probably not the first giant lady part with teeth he fell in to.

This guy gets it.

Seconded... er, thirded?

Anyhow, in any game where alignment comes into play, I'm the sort of person that can drift back to chaotic good from evil without even thinking about it. I'm just a sucker I suppose, even when I make a decided effort to TRY to be evil. Even the Bounty Hunter I made to try out a "pay up or shut up" angle has ended up stubbornly neutral.

As for why I went Empire in the first place... I wanted a sniper. Somehow I managed to get her to Dark level 2 by level 30. I found a way to be an evil little Chiss Chica, yessir I did. :D Of course then I went and figured out smugglers are the IA mirror. Now I have a baby smuggler (who is being horribly neglected due to a persistent and severe case of alt-itis) that I also enjoy. I'd like to muzzle her first companion, but that's another story.