Were Khem Val/Qyzen Fess meant to be romances in vanilla?

Antonfourteen

So I was finishing up the Smuggler companion conversations today and completed Corso Riggs personal quest which got me wondering about something interesting. You know how each class gets one lucky companion who gets a personal side quest which takes place, usually, on a previously visited planet? These companions being:

Jedi Knight - Kira Carsen

Jedi Consular - Qyzen Fess

Smuggler - Corso Riggs

Trooper - Aric Jorgan

Sith Warrior - Vette

Sith Inquisitor - Khem Val

Bounty Hunter - Mako

Imperial Agent - Kaliyo Djannis

Now every one of these companions are romance options with the exception of Khem Val and Qyzen Fess. So it got me thinking, were they originally intended to be romances but scrapped?

I think it could have tied in well because for example Qyzen tells the Consular that giving a wookiee pelt in Trandoshan culture is a sign of courting and hands you one in one of his conversations, intending you to give it to either Nadia or Felix (if you romance one of them). Perhaps if he was originally meant to be a romance he could have been intending the pelt for the Consular to which, if you accept you could start a romance or you could turn it down to cancel the romance.

As for Khem, he develops a bond with the Inquisitor during the vanilla story so any romance would have made sense with him especially if the Inquisitor removes Zash from his body.

Of course this is all speculation but I do find it an interesting topic nevertheless.

Probably not. If you look again you'll see that all of those companions - with the sole exception of KIra - is the very first companion a player gets. In Kira's case, she's the second companion you get as a Jedi Knight but you get her very quickly after the first (T7 on Tython, Kira on Coruscant) and Kira ties in quite closely with the JK's storline anyway.

From what I've read, they originally intended for all companions to have real quest chains and not just conversations.

In that case, it makes me wonder why they picked Qyzen to get the unique side quest out of the other 4 Consular companions if they didn't have something bigger relationship-wise planned for him? The Consular companions are pretty dull for the most part in my opinion and I find Qyzen to be the most interesting of them all but why him of all of them?

On the other hand I totally see why they chose Khem for the Inquisitor's unique companion quest due to his whole feud with Zash for control of his body.