Ship Customization Feedback/(Questions)

Lymain

Since I'm still a n00b, I'm going to give my feedback in the form of questions. If you think you know the rationale behind some of the decisions I question, please post! If you have other ship customization feedback, post that too.

• Why does Lingering Effect do so much less damage than Hydro Spanner does healing?
  • What is the base communication range on Sensor Beacon? If it's only 5000m, isn't that pretty much worthless considering ships can see more than 10000m on their own?
  • Why is Sensor Focus Range given out at the same rate as Sensor Radius? Isn't it weaker, so shouldn't we be able to get more of it?
  • Could the effect of Sensor Focus Range be shown in the overall ship stats?
  • Isn't Lightweight Armor pretty much the only viable option for Scouts? Maybe an option that gives no defensive benefit but instead gives Engine Speed/Turning Speed instead would be interesting?
  • Why is the buff radius on Wingman and Running Interference so small? Wouldn't it be cooler if you could actually benefit allies with those buffs, even if the duration on them had to be reduced? There are other comparable self-buffs for lone wolf players.

That's all I've got for now.

Edited by Lymain

[*]Why does Lingering Effect do so much less damage than Hydro Spanner does healing?

IDK. Why should they be the same?

[*]What is the base communication range on Sensor Beacon? If it's only 5000m, isn't that pretty much worthless considering ships can see more than 10000m on their own?

But the sensor can sit where there are no ships. It'll warn you when enemies are approaching without anyone there guarding.

[*]Why is Sensor Focus Range given out at the same rate as Sensor Radius? Isn't it weaker, so shouldn't we be able to get more of it?

Supposition here, so may be incrrect. Sensor Focus is directly in front, and further than general sensors. In effect, you have a better chance of spotting someone if you point directly at them.

[*]Could the effect of Sensor Focus Range be shown in the overall ship stats?

I would like more explanation and stats.

[*]Isn't Lightweight Armor pretty much the only viable option for Scouts? Maybe an option that gives no defensive benefit but instead gives Engine Speed/Turning Speed instead would be interesting?

First part, pretty much agree. Maybe if you went for a dogfighter scout you'd want the toughness armour. Second part: there are lots of other things that boost speed/turning, there's no reason why your armour would.

[*]Why is the buff radius on Wingman and Running Interference so small? Wouldn't it be cooler if you could actually benefit allies with those buffs, even if the duration on them had to be reduced? There are other comparable self-buffs for lone wolf players.

It is pretty tight. Maybe they picked the range so that it would only affect people in close range (like actual wingmen) of the player activating the buff?

IDK. Why should they be the same?

I'm not saying that they should be exactly the same, but in a dogfight wouldn't Hydro Spanner completely cancel out Lingering Effect (and then some)?

But the sensor can sit where there are no ships. It'll warn you when enemies are approaching without anyone there guarding.

The sensor can sit there, but I'm not sure how far it communicates the signal? I don't think it's unlimited since one of the upgrades increases the communication range of the beacon by 5000m.

First part, pretty much agree. Maybe if you went for a dogfighter scout you'd want the toughness armour. Second part: there are lots of other things that boost speed/turning, there's no reason why your armour would.

Yeah, not sure we need any more speed/turning boosts, but I would like to have more than one viable armor option as a Scout.

Edited by Lymain