Master Dar'Nala players a moment of your time.

Horundwar

Ok so while doing the Gree event on Illum I was griefed a number of times by a couple of outstanding individuals on my own side(Imperial) while in the central open PvP area. Myself and my friend are still only level 53 and don't get to play often so we are only in the tionese gear that you were given when reaching 50, so our chances of actually being able to fight back are non existent. What bugs me is that as a casual MMO player I'm meant to be ok with this and that someone who(I assume) can clearly see we aren't 55 or in the best gear thinks it's their right to grief us. Yes I am aware this is pretty normal in these games but I for one think think this should change.

Yes I know that this is a PvP server, I actually enjoy PvP and I'm also aware that there is often going to be a difference in gear and skill level of the casual vs regular player. I happily throw my corpse into fights knowing full well I have bugger all chance of coming out the winner. I accept that some amount of 'friendly fire' will happen in open PvP areas. What I don't choose to accept is the mentality of some individuals who think that detracting from my gaming experience is ok. We all pay our subscriptions or buy our cartel coins so we all have equal right to enjoy the game. The irony is that the players who usually resort to this behaviour are also the first ones to cry foul when its done to them(that actually happened just before I posted this).

So what's the point of me taking the time to type all this out, easy I think it's time for the majority(I hope) of players who play in the spirit of the game to do something. Now it's my understanding that if you add someone to your ignore list the system will not pair you up for flashpoints or warzones. If this is the case I encourage everyone to talk with their friends and guildmates, even their guild leaders to collectively start adding these wonderful people to their ignore lists. If enough people add them to their ignore lists they will start to find SWTOR a very lonely place and will miss out on the aspects of the game that we all enjoy so much. Acting like a complete douche should have consequences, so please don't be apathetic about this.

Lastly I was going to name the two character's from tonight's interaction but I decided not to as I didn't think it would be fair to only name the last ones on the douche canoe. I ask that you don't name people's characters here simply that you actively encourage your fellow players to use the ignore option when dealing with these players.

Looking forward to being a corpse that you step on again soon, cheers.:D

Horundwar

I agree with you 100% in terms of the frustration of trying to play with those guys killing you/me BUT that quest you are trying to do is specifically a PvP quest in a PvP area, it was created for pvpers and its an optional mission with the reward being warzone comms and not daily comms. So you've just gotta leave the area and do something else if its a problem

I encourage everyone to talk with their friends and guildmates, even their guild leaders to collectively start adding these wonderful people to their ignore lists. If enough people add them to their ignore lists they will start to find SWTOR a very lonely place and will miss out on the aspects of the game that we all enjoy so much.

So it's wrong for them to ruin your gaming experience, but it's ok for you to try and ruin theirs?

Edited by TidalFlow

So it's wrong for them to ruin your gaming experience, but it's ok for you to try and ruin theirs?

Think he's more talking about the trash they talk on the people they gank. They'll only attack someone by themselves or people fighting a mob then in chat they'll belittle them and say some pretty harsh words for not putting up a fight and troll them.

People that usually do this are just seeking a reaction from the people they team up on either in general chat or indeed the forums.

Personally I wouldn't worry about it. There are only two quests in the open world PvP area. Just avoid those quests if it really bothers you. I'm sure they will get over not being able to 4 vs. 1 people in the open world PvP area :D

tl:dr suck it up.

Wow such meaningful insight into the discussion, please enlighten me why did you bother?

LOL You Swtor players are so angry.

Deafs I'm not angry, but I am frustrated with the segment of the gaming community that feel the need to grief other players and detract from their gaming experience. Yes it's a PvP server, yes the area in question is free for all PvP but simply targeting people who can't for whatever reason fight back is incredibly petty. Hell if it had been a republic player I would have just shrugged my shoulders and kept on.

I do enjoy PvP and I do accept all the things that can happen in these zones. I wish I did have more time to play as I would love to have the gear and be able to just crack on. I don't think I should have to accept petty behaviour that stops me enjoying the game. PvP server or not griefing and the comments made by those that do in general chat is something I choose not to be ok with. I simply ask that if others feel as I do that it is possible to have PvP without the petty assinine behaviour of some that they use the only recourse available to us and use the ignore ability so that there is some consequence for what they do.

Whether you agree with me or not I thank those of you that gave a genuine response.

Horundwar:D

I understand your frustration. Last weekend i was playing tera which has high population PVP servers with open world PVP. I was playing on a low lvl character and trying to leave a safe zone across the one bridge that was its exit, and there were about 3 high level players just casting aoe's over it and one hitting anyone who tried to cross the bridge. I got quite frustrated as i needed to get across the bridge to level my character.

HOWEVER, THIS IS DIFFERENT. You do not need to go to this area to gear your character. You don't even need it to do the gree event. why not do the other dailys and just not go to the pvp area? When i decide to go do my illum dailys and i see a bunch of enemies at the pylon who would attack me. I JUST DONT DO IT. Either try to do it while everyone else is distracted or just leave.

For example when i did it today by myself, kenetix was at the node looking for 1v1's and trying to prevent me from capping. I tried to 1v1 him but i simply couldn't as he had double the expertise that i did. (though i got him low enough to die from my orb explosion :p) So i just waited till he was distracted before i went to cap. If there were more people i simply wouldn't be able to cap.

TL;DR Its a PVP area not a LVLING/GEARING area. don't like it? GO level yourself and gear yourself elsewhere.

Wow such meaningful insight into the discussion, please enlighten me why did you bother?

Sorry, let me add more for you. You're a moron, it's an OPEN pvp area this crap is expected, stop moaning. If you don't like it, don't go there. End of.

Who cares what they think, me and my mates will continue to do this untill gree stops.

lol Hand, and you wonder why you aren't in NiM Council anymore, denied by Midian, denied by 852 and no guild wants you.

Its so sad that this mentality exists on a PvP server. It gives you a warning when you first join the server that you can and will be ganked. By being on Ilum in the first place, thats even more clear that you can and will be ganked. Stop being a carebear, if you don't want to be ganked then get a group, people who tend to gank tend to not be that good themselves (the exception is my 4 man group that was taking on 16+ people ;) ) and won't attack a full group for fear of losing.

TL;DR if you don't want to be ganked, no matter the place, then don't roll on a PvP server. Don't use a "My friend wanted to roll here!" excuse either. You both still knew the expectation then, you can't complain.