Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

give us back west coast and APAC server or we will unsub

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
give us back west coast and APAC server or we will unsub

Yeldah_
02.05.2018 , 04:58 PM | #121
Still waiting Bioware and EA. Data centre. California. Soon please.

RikuvonDrake
02.05.2018 , 06:17 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Yeldah_ View Post
if it was profitable, they would have done it in combination with the merges

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

denavin
02.05.2018 , 08:15 PM | #123
You know, just like removing level sync, its never gonna happen!
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

Yeldah_
02.07.2018 , 06:29 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
if it was profitable, they would have done it in combination with the merges
EA and Bioware cannot play the money card here. Electronic Arts made over $1 billion last year in DLC sales ALONE. This does not even count the money made from direct sales of new titles. It's not that they can't help, it's that they are not WILLING to do anything for their foreign player base. They did not even give an official explanation to the people who were shafted by United Forces. Thus why this thread exists.

LordFell
02.07.2018 , 07:52 PM | #125
I am closer to the West Coast than the East Coast, but at least I'm in North America. The move to East Coast servers only added a few MS to my ping... but because I often play late, I have a lot of Aussie guildmates. I support a West Coast Server.

....when we got Server Merges, we were originally lead to believe that West Coast Servers were going to remain on the West Coast... which was why my Begeron Colony server was merged with Harbinger (ermehgerd, nooo) instead of Ebon Hawk.

So... way to go EA/Bioware, you screwed everyone over here.

TrixxieTriss
02.07.2018 , 08:25 PM | #126
If I want to play this game since the server move, Iím now forced to use a third party VPN service to reduce my lag from Australia. Thatís an extra $15US on top of my sub. My partner and I are paying $30 (nearly $35AU) and I personally have two swtor sub accounts. Essentially our house hold is paying about $80-90AU a month (depending on exchange rates) to play a game that used to cost us $45US a month. Bioware now have zero chance of us ever buying anymore Cartel coins because we have to waste $30US on a third party VPN. That is money not going to them.

When we had west coast servers it was between 230-240ms. Sure, thatís not great, but it was playable and a lot smoother than now (even when we had lag spikes)
Now on the east coast without a VPN, the server ping is 290-370ms (makes pvp totally unplayable)
With the VPN itís between 230-250ms (depending on the stability of the swtor servers). That might not sound so bad or different than before, but the pvp part of the game actually feels more laggy now. I donít know if this is from the VPN service or the server move, game updates, class changes or patches. Iíve found in the past that whenever they add new content or change classes, even if it wasnít actually in pvp, the game feels more laggy or jerky. This has been an accumulative affect over the years because itís never fixed. So each change adds a little bit more to whatís already broken.
I know itís not my system, even though Iím constantly told in game that I obviously need to upgrade because some people donít see the problems. (i7 5770k, 32GB G.skill ram, Samsung 960pro NVMe SSD, GTX 1080, fibre internet connection). But there are those who live close to the severs, get 30-40ms and they also see the laggy affects I do. So Iím always sceptical about people saying they never see any of it.
You only need to play maps like Huttball or Yavin to see just how broken itís become. People are falling through floors, teleporting all over the place, running on the spot and rubberbanding away, etc.

As much as I want them to have another west coast server, what I would like more is for them to fix the broken parts of the game first. If they could optimise the game code better and remove these laggy affects, then I could live (reluctantly) with using the VPN. Other games donít have these constant problems to old content when they add new content. There is no reason that swtor should ďifĒ the coders know what they are doing.

Yeldah_
02.13.2018 , 03:59 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
If I want to play this game since the server move, Iím now forced to use a third party VPN service to reduce my lag from Australia. Thatís an extra $15US on top of my sub. My partner and I are paying $30 (nearly $35AU) and I personally have two swtor sub accounts. Essentially our house hold is paying about $80-90AU a month (depending on exchange rates) to play a game that used to cost us $45US a month. Bioware now have zero chance of us ever buying anymore Cartel coins because we have to waste $30US on a third party VPN. That is money not going to them.

When we had west coast servers it was between 230-240ms. Sure, thatís not great, but it was playable and a lot smoother than now (even when we had lag spikes)
Now on the east coast without a VPN, the server ping is 290-370ms (makes pvp totally unplayable)
With the VPN itís between 230-250ms (depending on the stability of the swtor servers). That might not sound so bad or different than before, but the pvp part of the game actually feels more laggy now. I donít know if this is from the VPN service or the server move, game updates, class changes or patches. Iíve found in the past that whenever they add new content or change classes, even if it wasnít actually in pvp, the game feels more laggy or jerky. This has been an accumulative affect over the years because itís never fixed. So each change adds a little bit more to whatís already broken.
I know itís not my system, even though Iím constantly told in game that I obviously need to upgrade because some people donít see the problems. (i7 5770k, 32GB G.skill ram, Samsung 960pro NVMe SSD, GTX 1080, fibre internet connection). But there are those who live close to the severs, get 30-40ms and they also see the laggy affects I do. So Iím always sceptical about people saying they never see any of it.
You only need to play maps like Huttball or Yavin to see just how broken itís become. People are falling through floors, teleporting all over the place, running on the spot and rubberbanding away, etc.

As much as I want them to have another west coast server, what I would like more is for them to fix the broken parts of the game first. If they could optimise the game code better and remove these laggy affects, then I could live (reluctantly) with using the VPN. Other games donít have these constant problems to old content when they add new content. There is no reason that swtor should ďifĒ the coders know what they are doing.
This is unreasonable that some players have to pay extra money to get the same service as the 'privileged ones' who just happen to live in the right place. This person should not have pay for a third party service just to make the game barely playable. Seriously Bioware and Electronic Arts do you even care about your foreign customers anymore?

RikuvonDrake
02.17.2018 , 07:22 AM | #128
EA and Bioware cannot play the money card here. Electronic Arts made over $1 billion last year in DLC sales ALONE. This does not even count the money made from direct sales of new titles. It's not that they can't help, it's that they are not WILLING to do anything for their foreign player base. They did not even give an official explanation to the people who were shafted by United Forces. Thus why this thread exists.
Of course they can, if there is not enough players in this particular game from this specific region to warrant their own regional server, it feels quite logical that there is no server, just like Bioware realized with the APAC servers back in the days, there were not even close to enough players to warrant their own dedicated servers and thus it was shut down and merged with the west coast.

Hardly unreasonable.

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus