The Unseen Presence- The Next Secret Boss?

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b523/Endonae/UnseenPresence_zps6bc3aa08.png

There's your semi-proof of its existence. I also learned that it can show up in the first past phase on the map. I still can't target it, but I rolled over it on the mini-map. I also noticed that it wasn't on the map when we first got into the past, but instead spawned at the same time that the adds spawned when trying to attack the crystal. I was unsuccessful in attempting to target it again. But based on the location, the presence does seem to move a bit, as I have seen it directly over the throne before. I also find it quite interesting how similar the past looks like Makeb, specifically the Toborro's Courtyard room.

Edited by DarthEndonae

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of bosses have a focus, most of them called focus. How ever the naming of said NPC is odd. 'Presence' also known as Hateful Presence summoned Hateful in Darvannis. I think it's more likely in NiM DP, you'll have to renenter the Past phase after the instance is cleared. There's also an alter in the Palace that's not found anywhere else to my knowing, I'll screen shot it next time I'm in there, which should be tuesday. Edited by Luckygunslinger

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b523/Endonae/UnseenPresence_zps6bc3aa08.png

There's your semi-proof of its existence. I also learned that it can show up in the first past phase on the map. I still can't target it, but I rolled over it on the mini-map. I also noticed that it wasn't on the map when we first got into the past, but instead spawned at the same time that the adds spawned when trying to attack the crystal. I was unsuccessful in attempting to target it again. But based on the location, the presence does seem to move a bit, as I have seen it directly over the throne before. I also find it quite interesting how similar the past looks like Makeb, specifically the Toborro's Courtyard room.

It truly lives up to its name. I can't see it anywhere :p

It is a red dot, but when you roll over it to get it in the popup window thing, it turns white, as does any other enemy. I'd also like to reiterate that this "focus" does show up on the minimap as an enemy no less. Other focuses do not show up on the map, such as the Laser Focus in TC. And they are more easily targeted.

Probably not related, but my last few times in this fight I've noticed a stealthed add in the first Past phase. Can't remember the NPC name, but it looked like an Assassin in stealth(purple outline). They never unstealth and just stood there about 20m from the crystal I was healing. I generally remember seeing him when the crystal was in the back right.

I tried attacking the Unseen Presence with an AoE ability today, but it evaded all attacks; therefore you cannot kill it.

[20:48:11.606] [@Peerdo] [ungesehene Präsenz {3299239257964544}:12055003977881] [sturmhieb {855613319938048}] [EffektAnwenden {836045448945477}: Schaden {836045448945501}] (0 -ausgewichen {836045448945505}) <1>

[20:48:13.390] [@Peerdo] [ungesehene Präsenz {3299239257964544}:12055003977881] [sturmhieb {855613319938048}] [EffektAnwenden {836045448945477}: Schaden {836045448945501}] (0 -ausgewichen {836045448945505}) <1>

[20:48:15.030] [@Peerdo] [ungesehene Präsenz {3299239257964544}:12055003977881] [sturmhieb {855613319938048}] [EffektAnwenden {836045448945477}: Schaden {836045448945501}] (0 -ausgewichen {836045448945505}) <1>

I don't think that you can throw the orb on it since it is not a friendly NPC and you need to be out of combat to use it. In any case, we probably have to wait for nightmare mode if this really is the bonus boss.

Edited by Jerba

So I was able to target it. This was in 8-man HM. I tried using the orb on it, but I was unable to do so since I was in combat. It's really tricky to target. You can do Force Storm and you will see the like it being affected by it, you are able to attack it in general, however it takes no damage. We ended up being able to target it when we got the Calphayus in the past near it, and then I used Chain Lightning on Calphayus. The AoE part of that attack hit the Unseen Presence and made the nameplate of it visible. I tried using the Amulet on it, but there was no effect. Some of the other raid members said that they noticed it in the present phase as well, although I can't personally confirm that. I am not sure if other attacks will also allow you to target it, that might be worth checking out. I'm also not sure if there was like a damage threshold that needed to be reached (as I did do a couple of force storms first), or if Calphayus just needed to be close and then damage him. Next week we might try to see what happens if we can put Calphayus directly on/under the Unseen Presence and use the Orb on him if possible.

Here is the image of it being targetted.

• 2 months later...
cf patch note 2.8 : dread masters and brontes NiM Now loot " Dread Guard Cranial Scan " to all group members.

Dread Guard Cranial Scan + Unseen presence ..... :rak_03:

I was also surprised when I read it, but unfortunately, the Cranial Scan is just the purple reputation item for Oricon. So they are just going to offer reputation points for doing the ops in addition to the reputation from doing the dailies; it is not a secret item. :(