Huttball suggestions

Thedownwarddog

Huttball is clearly a conflicting warzone. I just think that all of the discussion should fall within one thread rather than a ton of chaotic threads with off putting OPs.

I think Huttball is pretty good but I'm in the minority of the people who are almost unanimously positive towards this game. I think it's interesting and it's one of those maps that I think might grow on people. It seems like the map is pretty cluttered though. From a design standpoint it makes sense to me but it's much much too multi-fauceted. Would it be tampering with the design to suggest that it might be severely trimmed and the player count reduced? Forgive the analogy, but to me it seems like a dodgeball class in high school right now. People who are incredible are missing the strategy of the game completely getting lost and just slaying people.

If you ask me, the map itself works but it needs to be much much less wide. The fire obstacles are really much more antagonizing when there's such a massive area of fault if you mess up. You're looking at a really disconnected flustered group of players. The teams need to be smaller if you ask me. I think anything more than 5v5 is pushing it, but it isn't my call. This is only a suggestion. It's simply much too disconnecting and the colors don't work as effectively as something like warsong gulch to justify it.

Paint one side blue and the other side red. Make it VERY obvious. Trim the sides and streamline the entire experience. You guys didn't play much football did you? har har har. jokes. but yeah. a football field doesnt have these complications. it keeps the focus much closer to the enviorment.

Really it's a dysfunctional map if you ask me. But if it was executed properly it would probably be my go to warzone.

Let me know what you think!