Pre Update 4 Character Romances

Silikin_Tyth

Are they fixed yet? I had just finished chapter 2 when update 4 came out, and since it seemed to cancel all romances, I've been leery of continuing on.

There are two characters I was really invested into that had their romances screwed up:

My Trooper was done with Elara Dorne's romance through chapter 2.

My Agent was romancing Kaliyo and beginning to romance Temple. Last I was on (recent patch is updating now) Kaliyo acted like we'd never romanced and Temple's romance was starting as if I never romanced Kaliyo.

Is this fixed? Can I continue on with the romances if I continue to play? Otherwise, I'll restart the characters

Sorry if this has already been answered. I'm terrible at forums

Are they fixed yet? I had just finished chapter 2 when update 4 came out, and since it seemed to cancel all romances, I've been leery of continuing on.

There are two characters I was really invested into that had their romances screwed up:

My Agent was romancing Kaliyo and beginning to romance Temple. Last I was on (recent patch is updating now) Kaliyo acted like we'd never romanced and Temple's romance was starting as if I never romanced Kaliyo.

Is this fixed? Can I continue on with the romances if I continue to play? Otherwise, I'll restart the characters

I'm not sure about all that, but a catch-all response to a different issue mentioned a bug that might be affecting your romances:

"Greetings,

Since Game Update 4.3 went live, we discovered a bug that has prevented some of you from getting proper Legendary Player credit for Class storylines that you completed.

We investigated and found some missing triggers in the background. These can block some completed Class storylines from properly counting towards your Legendary Player status.

Because this bug is caused by a background trigger, Customer Service cannot restore Legendary Player status if you’ve been affected by this bug.

We did hope to have an automatic fix for you with Game Update 4.4 in May, but unfortunately this fix did not catch everyone who was affected. We’re aiming for a full fix with Game Update 4.5 on June 1st.

We are sorry about the continued wait, and we appreciate your patience.

Galactic Support is our specialty….

The Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ customer support team"

So, these missing "background triggers" could account for your lost romance. I have a sneaking suspicion that the impact of the missing triggers isn't limited to class story completion and legendary status recognition. For instance, a certain BH companion is currently missing several conversations that are tied to what I believe is a "missing trigger" regarding Mandalore the Vindicated. Wouldn't be too hard to imagine that the same issue would affect Agents and Smugglers who have begun romantic love triangles since that scenario also involves very distinct "either-or" decisions.

Hope this gave you some insight! Post in the bug forums if you want to try and get a dev response.

They was an uptate that fix the romance I can confirm One of my was bug but then. It was fix a few months ago so you should be fine

Edited by commanderwar

I always just assumed that "Courting" was just another type of gift, like "Technology" or "Military Gear", and that just because it was called courting, didn't mean you could use it on your romanceable companion. Some like courting gifts, some like military. They don't suddenly like the courting stuff just because they are now in a relationship with you.

I always just assumed that "Courting" was just another type of gift, like "Technology" or "Military Gear", and that just because it was called courting, didn't mean you could use it on your romanceable companion. Some like courting gifts, some like military. They don't suddenly like the courting stuff just because they are now in a relationship with you.

All romanced companions used to love courting gifts. That was one way you could tell if you had triggered the romance with them. If they went from just "eh" when receiving one, to "I love it!" then you knew you'd triggered their romance flag. Ever since 4.0 courting gifts have been broken. :mad:

All romanced companions used to love courting gifts. That was one way you could tell if you had triggered the romance with them. If they went from just "eh" when receiving one, to "I love it!" then you knew you'd triggered their romance flag. Ever since 4.0 courting gifts have been broken. :mad:

Ah, I never noticed. Always just went with the chart from can'trememberthewebsite.com, found out the love and stuck with it. Never really had a lot of gifts till after 4.0.

These triggers are both good and bad. Good in that everything you've done on that character that has a trigger flag is remembered by the game forever. Romances know you love/married them. People know you let Joe Blow live or die. They know if you're Red Rumbus or Honored Biped, etc.

Then you get the bad. They seem to break so damn easily. Before 4.0, flags could break, but not that much but now you sneeze and the flag/trigger is reset or missing or deleted. *sigh*

thanks for the help guys! Best answers so far.

If they don't fix it so I can continue the romances in act 3 (which is where I am) in the next update, I'll just restart the characters

Whoa whoa, wait. Act Three? As in, Act Three of your original class story? Not Chapter Three - Outlander - of Fallen Empire?

...if so, then you're fine. Don't worry about broken romances. :)

The bug is only for those who get into Fallen Empire and romance Lana (...or...possibly Koth or Theron?? I don't know; I've only heard complaints about Lana). Not for original class stories. Just keep progressing through your class story, and you'll get more conversations with your companions that will continue the romance.

• 3 weeks later...

Before update 4, Kaliyo was ready for her next conversation, the "cheating" one. Ever since update 4 her next conversation is her last non-romance one.

While I don't really care about the Kaliyo romance as much for my Agent, if this is how it is for my Trooper, it looks like I'm going to restart him.

More than a little pissed that it looks like they'll never fix it. I never even find any info on the subject (although I am terrible at navigating the forums)

I'm not sure about all that, but a catch-all response to a different issue mentioned a bug that might be affecting your romances:

"Greetings,

Since Game Update 4.3 went live, we discovered a bug that has prevented some of you from getting proper Legendary Player credit for Class storylines that you completed.

We investigated and found some missing triggers in the background. These can block some completed Class storylines from properly counting towards your Legendary Player status.

Because this bug is caused by a background trigger, Customer Service cannot restore Legendary Player status if you’ve been affected by this bug.

We did hope to have an automatic fix for you with Game Update 4.4 in May, but unfortunately this fix did not catch everyone who was affected. We’re aiming for a full fix with Game Update 4.5 on June 1st.

We are sorry about the continued wait, and we appreciate your patience.

Galactic Support is our specialty….

The Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ customer support team"

So, these missing "background triggers" could account for your lost romance. I have a sneaking suspicion that the impact of the missing triggers isn't limited to class story completion and legendary status recognition. For instance, a certain BH companion is currently missing several conversations that are tied to what I believe is a "missing trigger" regarding Mandalore the Vindicated. Wouldn't be too hard to imagine that the same issue would affect Agents and Smugglers who have begun romantic love triangles since that scenario also involves very distinct "either-or" decisions.

Hope this gave you some insight! Post in the bug forums if you want to try and get a dev response.

Gotta love those generic catch all replies huh? I just got one pertaining to a character restoration of a toon I deleted back in november of last year. According to the GM(who was very polite) he couldn't restore it because it was showed being deleted a year ago and that the next "major" patch will hopefully fix it....Even though they restored my very first toon from head start that had been deleted for almost 3 years. But doesn't really matter I guess, not to hard to get back to 60 now a days.

My Sith Warrior romanced and eventually married Vette in the character class story, but then it was completely forgotten when I got her back in KotfE, and she acted as if we'd only had a merely "professional" relationship in our past. So there IS a bug with old companions romance. It makes me mad :mad:.

Anybody experienced the same issue? Could it be solved by the helpdesk or is my love dead for good?