PLEASE stop the YOLO noobs from de-spawning DVL bosses.

MotherCrusher

Lets not mention that you have end game super bosses that require 16 end game players to take out spawning in noob leveling areas. If I first started this game, and a super boss like that was in a lowbie leveling area and stomped me, I'd question whether its worth my time to level in that game.

"Noob" might be the operative word here. Folks might not realize that they are DvL bosses, and the fact that they spawn in otherwise target-rich environments doesn't help.

I was hunting beasts for crafting mats in the DK heroic area by Lord Grathan's estate and one spawned right in the middle of a pack of sleens. I was using an AoE at that moment, and aggroed it accidentally. It happens. Yeah, I died and it jetted off. Since was playing on a server with a +5 hour offset to mine and it would have been 3am local time for most of the server's populace, it's unlikely that I robbed an ops group of their rightful kill, but the point is that it was accidental.

Perhaps it would be better if the DvL bosses behaved more like normal world bosses and they stayed put after slaying the unwary crafter?

"Noob" might be the operative word here. Folks might not realize that they are DvL bosses, and the fact that they spawn in otherwise target-rich environments doesn't help.

I was hunting beasts for crafting mats in the DK heroic area by Lord Grathan's estate and one spawned right in the middle of a pack of sleens. I was using an AoE at that moment, and aggroed it accidentally. It happens. Yeah, I died and it jetted off. Since was playing on a server with a +5 hour offset to mine and it would have been 3am local time for most of the server's populace, it's unlikely that I robbed an ops group of their rightful kill, but the point is that it was accidental.

Perhaps it would be better if the DvL bosses behaved more like normal world bosses and they stayed put after slaying the unwary crafter?

well if they run up to a level 18 boss that has 400k hp i would call it not using common sense. anyway, would be much better if they didnt dissapear yep

well if they run up to a level 18 boss that has 400k hp i would call it not using common sense. anyway, would be much better if they didnt dissapear yep

They don't spawn with temporary immunity. If you've got Force Storm already underway when they spawn, they're going to aggro.

Seriously, though, who hasn't clicked something by accident? (I'm looking at you, Trapjaw. I thought it was a lore object.) And then there was the time I tried to sneak past the Coruscant WB on the way to an exploration quest objective.... Yeah, that didn't end well. I was a new player. Mistakes happened. Point is, DvL bosses have only been a thing for a short time. Most folks learn pretty early not to go into Fen of the First unless they've got a lot of friends along, but there's bound to be a learning curve for newer features.

But yeah, keeping the bosses around after they kill the unwary would help.

Edited by berelinde

If they are spawing in an area they are working in, they might not have noticed the hp on it. Sometimes when I am an area and something spawns while I am killing something I don't always check the HP until I am in the midst of killing it and notice what is happening.

If they are spawing in an area they are working in, they might not have noticed the hp on it. Sometimes when I am an area and something spawns while I am killing something I don't always check the HP until I am in the midst of killing it and notice what is happening.

still kinda their problem IMO. and will be their problem till the bosses stop despawning... hopefully BW does that

i've literarly seen some yolo the boss despite staring at it for a few mins and being warned not to attack.

Edited by MotherCrusher

still kinda their problem IMO. and will be their problem till the bosses stop despawning... hopefully BW does that

i've literarly seen some yolo the boss despite staring at it for a few mins and being warned not to attack.

I don't think a boss should despawn unless:

(1) Time has run out (I know on the dark/light command) you have an hour to find them.

(2) Someone actually kills them-Not someone attacking them and they killing the person. The boss actually being killed.

I don't think a boss should despawn unless:

(1) Time has run out (I know on the dark/light command) you have an hour to find them.

(2) Someone actually kills them-Not someone attacking them and they killing the person. The boss actually being killed.

thats the whole point of what im saying