Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Juggernaut vs marauder pve.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Juggernaut vs marauder pve.

IAmViiOLENT
01.03.2013 , 12:30 AM | #11
Personally, my marauder is parsing around 2150 right now, and my jugg in veng/rage parses right around 1900-1950. I prefer the marauder as there is more to pay attention to and I like the style more, either class works fine in raid though. Certainly the taunt utility is great, but so is Bthirst/Super Pred, and quite often, my mara has tanked a boss for the duration of his CD's during boss fights. (Tanked NiM Kephess, for ~10 seconds while tank got up).

Flalia
01.07.2013 , 08:35 AM | #12
I dps as carnage on my marauder and it definetly feels way faster but I love the way juggernaut looks and the way it can feel sometimes. But its almost impossible to find a pug group, is that just me or a lot of vengance juggernauts?

TwistedTony
01.07.2013 , 11:17 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by IAmViiOLENT View Post
Personally, my marauder is parsing around 2150 right now, and my jugg in veng/rage parses right around 1900-1950. I prefer the marauder as there is more to pay attention to and I like the style more, either class works fine in raid though. Certainly the taunt utility is great, but so is Bthirst/Super Pred, and quite often, my mara has tanked a boss for the duration of his CD's during boss fights. (Tanked NiM Kephess, for ~10 seconds while tank got up).
That calls for some links to parses
The Bastion - Descension
Rexas - Juggernaut, Predatus - Marauder, Malitus - Assassin
Vigilax - Guardian

Okuy
01.07.2013 , 12:50 PM | #14
My mara does around 2200, and my jugg is the highest parsing (Juggs in general), but it all depends on which one you find to be the fun one. so i'd suggest make one of both.
Mauull The Merciless - BFF Hug Group

TwistedTony
01.07.2013 , 01:57 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Okuy View Post
My mara does around 2200, and my jugg is the highest parsing (Juggs in general), but it all depends on which one you find to be the fun one. so i'd suggest make one of both.
Yeah but that's with BT
The Bastion - Descension
Vigilax - Guardian

Omophorus
01.07.2013 , 03:52 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TwistedTony View Post
That calls for some links to parses
His name's in his sig, and there are plenty on TORParse.

Keep in mind entire fight number is usually lower due to downtime, but 1900-2200 is NOT an unusual number for a geared Marauder even in the most difficult content in the game right now.
Srs'bsns, GM of <Proper Villains> of The Ebon Hawk
5/5 Nightmare Power DF & DP
"This is why we don't bring Assassin tanks"

TwistedTony
01.07.2013 , 03:59 PM | #17
yeah i know, but im talkin about on a dummy, where both a dps jug and marauder dont get bloodthirst. because in a raid, both classes would benefit from the bt
The Bastion - Descension
Vigilax - Guardian

BlownSi
01.09.2013 , 12:11 PM | #18
Boy this thread has gotten convoluted......

Yes, DPS Jugg in PVE is fine, and with even gear and even skill, you will parse between 3-5% lower than a Mara. I have cleared everything up to NiM EC Kephess with mine. Helps out a bunch on the tanks in NiM EC to be able to taunt the Incinerate from FB.

paowee
01.09.2013 , 04:45 PM | #19
OFFTOPIC:

Quote: Originally Posted by Omophorus View Post
A DPS-spec'd Juggernaut has far worse CDs than a Marauder. A *tank* Juggy has great CDs.

They can taunt to assist with certain mechanics, and they are a solidly "tier 2" DPS (along with Snipers, Mercenaries, and (really good) Assassins). There's no reason not to take a competent one other than having an equally competent Marauder or PT available or a bunch of other melees already, as content with too many melees tends to get overly complicated.
Snipers are not "tier 2" DPS classes.. They're "tier 1". I'm curious to know how you were able to say Snipers are 2nd grade in terms DPS in the current PvE content..
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records