levelling up a changed crew skill ?

CrazyCanukk

So..being the indecisive bloke that i am i decided to re-spec my companion with a new crew skill. I dumped Bio-analysis for scavenging. But i am on Nar shadaa and finding all the scavenging materials available are way above my crews new skill. Do i really have to go back to the capitol world and grind through scavenging a bunch of materials in areas to get up to a level they can scavenge on Nar shadda or am i missing something. Edited by CrazyCanukk

since it´s scavenging you could try solo esseles/black talon. There´s enough droids inthere to get some skillpoints and you can work a bit on companon affection too. Other that that and crew missions you need to backtrack to planets where you have enough skill to scavenge.

So..being the indecisive bloke that i am i decided to re-spec my companion with a new crew skill. I dumped Bio-analysis for scavenging. But i am not on Nar shadaa and finding all the scavenging materials available are way above my crews new skill. Do i really have to go back to the capitol world and grind through scavenging a bunch of materials in areas to get up to a level they can scavenge on Nar shadda or am i missing something.

You can send them on missions to level up, you dont have to scav yourself.

You can send them on missions to level up, you dont have to scav yourself.

This is the easiest way to get yourself up to your current level, and the first few grades go quick since missions all have short return times. Just continuously send all your companion minus the one you are using on gathering missions while you play or hang out at the fleet and you'll catch up in no time. It costs a bit, but you can recoup the costs by selling all your scavenged mats on the GTN if you don't need them yourself.