Refined Isotopes

Cindron

Is this going as planned? I am curious as to the intention. Changing how the refined isotopes dropped is killing the crafters and harvesters. Prices have now doubled and there are fewer on market. People used to farm them and make a profit selling but now being need/greed they cant do that reliably as a failed rng roll leaves their efforts wasted. Items were already expensive on the GTN, well now they are even higher. I can't tell you of the other servers but on EH the expense has gone up an additional 80,000 for a little MK-4 up to 320,000 for crafting a Gemini.

You constantly have people arguing about how easy or hard it is to make credits (Cue the I make 1 million in 5 min without trying comment) but I do not believe one person ever said "damn I wish the prices for gear was higher and they force most harvesters out of a market".

So many issues/bugs to be addressed, why this change?

If it is intentional on Bioware's part that the number of Refined Isotopes should be lowered, they should look at making a further adjustment. The current system of having whether or not you obtain Refined Isos be walled behind dice rolls is frustrating. I've lost track of the number of flashpoints I've run where a single person has won every roll for every iso. If I win the first roll I'll pass on any additional so more than one player can win the refined isotope drops, but it seems most other players in PUGs don't extend the same courtesy. Refined Isotopes are the only reason I even run the flashpoints in the first place (PVP is usually better for both gearing and GC grinding), and most of the time I'm coming up empty.

If this change is intentional, I think Bioware should look at making Refined Isotopes a guaranteed drop for every player on the last boss. This would still be a lower drop rate than before the change, where nearly every boss was dropping them for every player, but would be better than having the Refined Isotopes locked behind RNG.

One per flashpoint is not an unreasonable expectation.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

If this change is intentional, I think Bioware should look at making Refined Isotopes a guaranteed drop for every player on the last boss. This would still be a lower drop rate than before the change, where nearly every boss was dropping them for every player, but would be better than having the Refined Isotopes locked behind RNG.

One per flashpoint is not an unreasonable expectation.

One guaranteed drop for everyone, plus one up for grabs. A chance for 2 would be nice.