Why is it that...

DizzyrupTor

...Some threads seemingly get totally ignored for weeks (in some cases years) and others get an answer straight away?

This thread, and issue has been cying out for an answer for so long I have lost track.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=927243

Then a quick look at dev tracker today shows this one get an answer / reply within 10 minutes of it being posted!!!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9377897#edit9377897

What's the difference? none, as both are asking for a response from the dev team. :mad:

Do you mean this?

Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post

With respect to Preview bugs, we know and have made a variety of changes to it, but it still needs a lot of work, and like the animation request, it's also not game breaking, so it hasn't made it to a priority list either.

Keith---

To which I ask what changes did they make to it? how much work could it possibly require? and why is it not on a priority list considering the masses of people it affects and the importance they put on cosmetics & customization?

Ill assume you also experience this issue? Does it not bother you that its gone over a year without being fixed?

Edited by DizzyrupTor

Yeah, I think that was the one.

It is very annoying and it has been around for too long. In some places it's worse than in others but I guess you can get around it by going to less crowded areas and you get used to it to a degree I guess.

They have other bug fixes that they need to priortize, but there are way too many bugs that don't seem to be getting fixed either. I guess they'll be low priority for a long time. ;/

Edited by Eshvara

What's the difference? none, as both are asking for a response from the dev team. :mad:

The one that got a reply was regarding a topic where the devs already had promised to publish information this week.

Oh wow...I didn't even know that was a thing (EA Support). Kat's my hero :)

Kat, Chimere and Kipling are new AHQ but "old" Swtor CS Staff and its great to Staff them around, ask Owen a lot of things go smoother since they are there.

Most of it's just luck, really. The dev team can not respond to every post and cannot see every post right when they're made. The online mods/devs may also not be knowledgeable in the post. It all just depends.

It's similar to asking why your professor/teacher might sometimes respond to your email immediately and might sometimes never get to it -- They're human, and can't get to everything.

It also helps when the title of the thread blatantly states the issue.

Edited by jedimasterjac

How about the launcher issues that have had alot of paying customers unable to play since Tuesday.No priorityy on that i guess since my monthly sub has already been taken from my bank account.

Yep, they waited until you -- yes, you specifically - had your subscription renewed before looking to deal with the issue. There are 29 other potential days this subscription could be up to renewal, but do they care? No. They are waiting for your fifteen dollars.

How about the launcher issues that have had alot of paying customers unable to play since Tuesday.No priorityy on that i guess since my monthly sub has already been taken from my bank account.

How about the thread they posted in about that?

:rolleyes:

Except there is an active thread on this with multiple gold post responses in it, a fresh one today.... but no firm solution yet.