Guilds are abandoned, people are leaving

Vladnar

People do like playing the new story line but they play it on their main and don't bother with the others BOOM and its done.

People want to play new warzones, they want new flashpoints, they want new things to find and most importantly of all they want new operations. People want new new new but they tell me all they see is doing the same stuff over and over they've been doing for the last 2 years and they see wow is putting out new content and they are moving onto other things, other games.....world of warships, wow, lots of things.

You really need this big server merger to come off, you need people to be able to hunt find and win gear instead of just buying in through the cartel of the luck of a drop from a bought pack, you need people to group up and take on new enemies in a long line revealing an exciting storyline than culminates in epic battles against top ops bosses and you need pvp, which people will go back to time and again when all else is done, to be exciting and not OH NOT THIS MAP AGAIN and you need to get on with it chaps....I REALLY DO HOPE something big will last this summer.......SO SO MUCH

Vlad This epic storytelling chapters is great fine but in line with everything an MMO has too and new & v soon

trust me,guilds are still going,but it's the trolls that mess up and cause inactivity..the lack of a friendly community

i am the co owner of the dreadguard on the progenitor and of czerka on another toon...also used to be captain of the black nexu pirates at one point...all guilds were sucessfull (besides czerka,which is having a hard time)...though the reason they were all damaged is beacuse LACK OF non troll/Scammers/douches ...our community has been wrecked by such people that nobody wants to join guilds,fearing they will be full of a-holes...

i had such experiences with some guilds,looks like a good idea....they go to it...everyone there makes fun of you...

We pulled in 10 new accounts last night. Had 433 members / 184 qualifying accounts at the beginning of the evening, then I deguilded any toon that hadn't logged in in 50 days, bringing it to 391/184. Ended the evening at 400/194 with 15 people logged on.

Recruit. It helps to stave off guild death, really.

all mmos go through stale patches of inactivity

Doesn't always mean it's the game, rep guild I'm in, usually busy, but a lot are away doing stuff for Easter , or going on holidays etc

Admittedly their does seem a reduction of people out in the world, but guild wise, although quiet , has had its reasons to be

• 4 months later...

well then ask on fleet does anyone want a free guild, recruit, then leave. If you are not the GM well then for me its not inactive

To leave it's

/gquit

Please offer the guild out though to someone who might want it first. No taker then jump ship. As said if not GM ignore this part.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

We pulled in 10 new accounts last night. Had 433 members / 184 qualifying accounts at the beginning of the evening, then I deguilded any toon that hadn't logged in in 50 days, bringing it to 391/184. Ended the evening at 400/194 with 15 people logged on.

Recruit. It helps to stave off guild death, really.

I'm the Gm of a Pub guild and an Imp guild and I can say honestly, I recruit all day & night. I have 20 people on at one time. Getting them to STAY is the problem. they login once or twice more & either pull the toon or abandon it (ESPECIALLY for the DvL event!!) It really is a pain.

~Hawke~

Depends on the guild and the motives of individual members I guess. The guild on Harbinger I am in has three sister guilds, and two are at peak capacity, people were transferring toons to sister guilds today to make room for new people wanting to join, at this rate two more sister guilds will be required in September.

I agree that there must be more actual in-game content and *earning* stuff by beating it instead if all this flashy sparkly Cartel gambling nonsense.

Stop removing vendors with normal armor, bring them back and start adding things in them. And most importantly - add new content!

Edited by Darth_Delator

• 2 months later...
Whats the time frame for someone who is inactive to automatically lose the guild master spot. Started a guild and my computer went down and was gone for awhile, just want to know how long I have to wait to get the guild master rank back, everyone else in the guild has not logged in for awhile.

Whats the time frame for someone who is inactive to automatically lose the guild master spot. Started a guild and my computer went down and was gone for awhile, just want to know how long I have to wait to get the guild master rank back, everyone else in the guild has not logged in for awhile.

1 month of inactivity and it drops to the next active subscriber in the guild. Lost one of my guilds cause I was too busy trying to finish DvL on another server, but hopefully getting it back in a few days.

It's funny how peoples blame the story of Kotfe (which is a let down I admit) and lack of flashpoints and warzone and things like that .

I'm part of a Guild called ''We have Jawa'' . On ShadowLand on Imp side . And the sister Guild is called ''We Have Ewoke'' on repb side .

Guess what ? Peoples ditched the guild when that damn flagship showed up .

I have been the only population since then lol and the Guild been mine lol .

So if your guild survived this long , maybe you should be grateful .

And relying on new content to keep peoples around..well that's dicey . That's like hoping the guest will stay cose as long as there are fishes , there are food .

What if there are no more fishes ? the guest will starve and leave .

Get the guest some tea , make him wanna stick around for the compagny not for the fishes .

I thought the game was dying until I switched servers, with EU servers TOFN has been dead for a while and Progenitor is going quiet with what appears to be 50% of TRE population. Merging servers would be a good way to go especially now they aren't categorized as RP/PvP/PvE, no longer makes sense to seperate them and TRE is now the best EU server for PvP.

On the subject of new content, I am 100% behind the idea of adding more ops, fps and warzone arenas...just don't go mental this time making them stupidly difficult - Blood Hunt and Battle of Rishi HM for example, they don't need to get harder and harder as you release them just make them different and realistically completable. I'm not best impressed that I won't quite reach legendary DvL rank because it's almost impossible to pug those when guildies aren't interested...or you play on a dead/depopulating server!

I am mostly interested in PvP though and always queue when i'm on the game, but i'm disappointed to see it treated as an afterthought around the PvE side. I would like to see BW care for ALL players and add more than just 2 arenas over 2 expansions, but they seem more fixated on releasing silly packs to play dress-up and riding monsters so that players will spend even more money on the game :rolleyes:

I don't want those things either.

Neither I do.

i am the co owner of the dreadguard on the progenitor and of czerka on another toon...also used to be captain of the black nexu pirates at one point...

Holy **** man, please bring your people to the Harbinger as well we need some serious guild names like those on the server. Most guilds there have really stupid and troll names.

Edited by Saito_Hiraga

Well, it isn't hard to keep a guild going, not really. It is just time consuming.

First, don't use an absolute troll name (even PvPers get sick of belonging to such guild names after a short while).

Secondly, don't allow your membership to act like trolls...this is doubly true for how members treat one another.

Third, don't spam your recruitment messege every bloody minute or so, you annoy the decent people you want in your guild that way. Far better to say it once when you load in, then just talk in gen chat for awhile...say it again as you leave half an hour later or so. Your name gets linked to a decent personality and your quality of recruits go up.

Now, it helps you KEEP people when your guild actively helps members. This means that yes, you hate Rishi HM, everyone seems to, but if someone wants to do it...you step up and do it. If you have 20-30 people on and a member has to PuG for a HM, that member is going to start looking for a new guild. "I need HM Blood Hunt" should get an 'alright, lets go...' not silence. I've helped many PuG's get both of those "dreaded" HMs done and was simply amazed at how often everyone there was from large guilds full of people (who were online through the entire FP) who stopped talking the moment the call for help went out.

Basically, if your guild allows people to ignore calls for help, and has a bunch of cliques in it, it is more or less destined to die. Doesn't matter if that person joined yesterday, or last year...you help out. Get your butt off your lowbie alt and help...stop PvPing for an hour, it won't kill you, and help.

I couldn't tell you how many GOOD people I've poached from other guilds simply because their old guild's couldn't be bothered to help. If you are the GM or an officer, your general job is to drop everything and help others at the drop of a hat. Same goes for anyone with access to the guild vault. If you won't help, you don't deserve the rank. If you want to log on and do your own thing, you don't need a guild. Yes it means you sacrifice doing what you were going to do in order to help a guild mate out, who will in turn do the same for you.

It also helps if you have a firm and strict no drama policy of which no one is exempt. Friend, family member, no one is untouchable. You allow a sacred cow to exist in your guild and you will drive people away.

It also helps if you have a firm and strict no drama policy of which no one is exempt. Friend, family member, no one is untouchable. You allow a sacred cow to exist in your guild and you will drive people away.

I can't stress this one enough. I've been in too many guilds in too many MMOs that were great until drama reared it's ugly head and everything imploded fast. Doesn't matter if it's a slow simmer or the equivalent of a bomb, drama is probably the number one guildkiller because it generally leaves people really cautious about joining another guild.