Favorite planet storyline?

Lavariusstar

Majority of the planets in the old republic have their own storyline that takes you throughout most of the world explaining the backstory and giving more depth to the star wars universe.So which planet storyline did you find the most interesting or enjoyable?, republic or imperial? For me it would have to be Corellia on the republic side,since I've never heard to much about the planet it was interesting to venture throughout it entirely:cool:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My absolute favorite of the planetary story arcs is Voss. But then, I'm a huge fan of "Heart of Darkness", which this story was loosely based on.

I loved everything about Voss. The "trail" was awesome, it took me 5 tires to get that last boss. The twisted forest really looked creepy.

I think the Voss people are coolest looking in all the galaxy. I wish they were a playable species.

Imperial Taris. It was a delight to have a planetary rival tying things together.

Runners-up: I find Voss enchanting in its own right, on either side. I love Republic Taris - I know a lot of people dislike the planet, but I love it for the KOTOR nostalgia-fest. Republic Tatooine because Gayem Leksende has that weird androgynous appeal I can't take my eyes off of, and listening to him monologue is just fun.

I loved everything about Voss. The "trail" was awesome, it took me 5 tires to get that last boss. The twisted forest really looked creepy.

I think the Voss people are coolest looking in all the galaxy. I wish they were a playable species.

I prefer the Gormak, myself

I really enjoyed Imp Alderaan and Rep Corellia.

Imperial Alderaan was a blast with my bounty hunter. Stomping around castles and ticking off nobles is tons of fun!

I probably enjoyed Rep. Corellia more because

my bounty hunter came to hate Darth Decimus during Imp. Corellia. Very satisfying, that last kill.

Majority of the planets in the old republic have their own storyline that takes you throughout most of the world explaining the backstory and giving more depth to the star wars universe.So which planet storyline did you find the most interesting or enjoyable?, republic or imperial? For me it would have to be Corellia on the republic side,since I've never heard to much about the planet it was interesting to venture throughout it entirely:cool:

Voss only because it gives you a vision of your future which i found amazing all 3 times, meeting my endgame nemesis was just wonderful.

Imperial Taris and the bonus series of Taris.

Nar Shaddaa when playing a Bounty Hunter and Smuggler (They feel pretty much in their natural habitat)

I also liked Voss.. but thought it didn't make that much sense for a Bounty Hunter to be there.

All of the planets stories feel generic/paint-by-numbers/boring and not very Star Wars. XXX badguy runs planet, kill said guy. XXX weapon kill said weapon, Save XXX person from XXX guy with XXX weapon. To call them storylines is an exageration.

All of the planets stories feel generic/paint-by-numbers/boring and not very Star Wars. XXX badguy runs planet, kill said guy. XXX weapon kill said weapon, Save XXX person from XXX guy with XXX weapon. To call them storylines is an exageration.

Welcome to video games.

Both Imp and Rep Tatooine but my most favorite is the Rep corellia. :)

I haven't finished Corellia yet on Republic side but almost there. Either way it wins my vote mostly because the quests were very well laid out in a nice linear way that you aren't wasting time travelling back and forth like almost all the other planets. The Imperial ending was also a great scene which, I think, mimics the movie endings well.

From purely a storyline sense, competing against Thana on Taris was my favorite Imperial side. I skipped a lot on Republic side first time through so Corellia still would be it.

Honorary mention is the Dreadmasters storyline on Imperial side Belsavis. "We cannot be contained," just makes me laugh every time.

I personally hate Voss, mostly because majority of the quests are a grind and even getting places is a grind. (It probably doesn't help either that the environment reminds me too much of WoW :p)

Imperial Taris. It was a delight to have a planetary rival tying things together.

Runners-up: I find Voss enchanting in its own right, on either side. I love Republic Taris - I know a lot of people dislike the planet, but I love it for the KOTOR nostalgia-fest. Republic Tatooine because Gayem Leksende has that weird androgynous appeal I can't take my eyes off of, and listening to him monologue is just fun.

I don't think the Gayem Leksende one on Tatooine is the bonus series, (I recall it being more of doing this mission for that guy, and that mission for this guy) but that quest line is my favourite on Tatooine. I love his villainy and his one liners, marvelous, i dont know what you said, but marvelous and I found the series fun. Too bad I couldn't tap that, despite his evilness I would have totally loved a ftb with him.

Favorite planet stories:

(1) Imperial-side Belsavis. The freeing of the Dread Masters is pretty epic. My bounty hunter insulted the crap out of them, was force-choked, and then told how impressive she was. My Sith warrior, on the other hand, aided the Masters in driving the poor Republic warden insane enough he killed his own troops. Either LS or DS, the quest line is incredible and I look forward to seeing what Bioware does with the batcrap crazy Dread Masters in future updates to the game.

(2) Imperial-side Taris. I really disliked Thana Vesh and never fail to kill her at the end of the planet story line. That, and completely destroying the same spaceport my smuggler had helped preserve earlier in the game, ended up being pretty amazing.

(3) Republic-side Correllia. There's just something spectacular about truly defeating the bad guys and running them off the planet, hehe.