dark side points

pedanticanarchy

If you also have Light side points, they go to eliminating those, until you hit 100k Dark and 0 Light. After that, they go ... nowhere. At least as far as your character alignment is concerned, that is.

They still go toward the Dark vs Light "battle", which will help you level up in Galactic Command, once "your" side "wins". Then you will get a 15% bonus to GC points earned, while the "Victory state" lasts.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

If you also have Light side points, they go to eliminating those, until you hit 100k Dark and 0 Light. After that, they go ... nowhere. At least as far as your character alignment is concerned, that is.

They still go toward the Dark vs Light "battle", which will help you level up in Galactic Command, once "your" side "wins". Then you will get a 15% bonus to GC points earned, while the "Victory state" lasts.

Only "decision" (conversation choice) alignment points (light or dark) go to the DvL battle, and it's important to remember that it's a server-wide aggregate, so one individual player won't make much difference. Alignment points from mission completion (including inherent points from Diplomacy missions) and from mob kills (yes, you can get Light points for murdering vagrants in Breaktown if your alignment toggle is set to Light(1)) don't count for that.

(1) If you don't believe me, try it.

Only "decision" (conversation choice) alignment points (light or dark) go to the DvL battle, and it's important to remember that it's a server-wide aggregate, so one individual player won't make much difference. Alignment points from mission completion (including inherent points from Diplomacy missions) and from mob kills (yes, you can get Light points for murdering vagrants in Breaktown if your alignment toggle is set to Light(1)) don't count for that.

(1) If you don't believe me, try it.

Do you have a source for this? The way I understood it was that any time you were earning light or dark side points it was contributing to the server total.

ETA: Went back to the Oct, 2016 stream where they introduced the galactic DvL system and they clearly say that any alignment points, mission awards, killing mobs, etc., you receive go toward the server wide galactic DvL.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/96139349?t=00h16m59s

Edited by ceryxp

Do you have a source for this? The way I understood it was that any time you were earning light or dark side points it was contributing to the server total.

ETA: Went back to the Oct, 2016 stream where they introduced the galactic DvL system and they clearly say that any alignment points, mission awards, killing mobs, etc., you receive go toward the server wide galactic DvL.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/96139349?t=00h16m59s

Huh. OK. I thought I remembered differently. I sit corrected.

EDIT: I remember now. I was thinking of the DvL *event* balance counter that was used to decide if we got Ranos or Hexid. That one *was* decisions only.

Edited by SteveTheCynic