Red and Blue Lightnings Anyone?

SammuelColdheart

Hello people, I am not sure did I post this one in the correct place, but if it's not in the correct place, the moderators can feel free to move it to the right section, I just didn't found where I can post suggestions for the game improve.

So, I've been playing SWTOR and watched the movies, and Played SW: The Force Unleashed 1 and 2, and I've noticed something which I really like in the movies and in this specific game (SW:TFU 1, 2), you are able to use Blue Lightnings there, so I've thought about that and asked around in the game, can we change our Lightning Colors, and the respond which I got was no.

So I would like to suggest such option available in the future. You will get Blue Lightnings if you follow the Light Side Choices and you reach Light Side Rank/Level 3, while the same can be done for those who follow the Dark Side, where they can choose Red Lightnings once they reach Dark Side Rank/Level 3, I think this would be a nice feature, and I would like to hear what everyone else think. Of course this option will be customizable, if you want to use your usual Purple Lightnings than you will have that opportunity , but if you want to have blue or red lightnings you can have those too. Of course this is strictly for Sith Inquisitor, after all no one else can use Force Lightnings than them, so I thought it would be a great choice.

So let me know what you think people and let's hope that if more of you agree with me, that option will be made possible in the future.

Find ways to expand into this into other force powers and perhaps even into certain abilities for the tech users as well and there could be an interesting bit of visual flair in this. It would all be superficial differences, of course. Making special effects show up in neutral, light side, and dark side color schemes. But it would be something extra to make characters of the same class / spec stand out from each other in some small way.

At first, though, I thought this topic was going to be asking for lightning and other special effects from abilities to be colored differently based on weapon crystal colors.

On a similar note, I am still wondering if/when they're going to do something to make crystal color in invisible offhands (focus / generator / shield) relevant in some way. Since they first changed it to make that a standard feature in offhand items I was always under the impression that they had wanted to eventually have those control certain effect colors.

Find ways to expand into this into other force powers and perhaps even into certain abilities for the tech users as well and there could be an interesting bit of visual flair in this. It would all be superficial differences, of course. Making special effects show up in neutral, light side, and dark side color schemes. But it would be something extra to make characters of the same class / spec stand out from each other in some small way.

At first, though, I thought this topic was going to be asking for lightning and other special effects from abilities to be colored differently based on weapon crystal colors.

On a similar note, I am still wondering if/when they're going to do something to make crystal color in invisible offhands (focus / generator / shield) relevant in some way. Since they first changed it to make that a standard feature in offhand items I was always under the impression that they had wanted to eventually have those control certain effect colors.

Heh you know, I wouldn't decline better more striking Visual and Audio Effects... they seem to me a bit lackluster and weak in their impact... if you get what I mean... I consider something Strong like when my Inquisitor faced for first time his second main opponent, Tarek I believe he was called in his Meditation Chambers, when the whole room was shaking and lightnings were surging through the whole place... now this was powerful, but last only for the cutscenes... :(

I like the idea of differentiating light and dark side characters more as well, the only real way is through gear, but limiting choices is not good for the game or through visual effects, it's be great to see mirror skill visuals for light or dark side but likely the time for that to happen past a long time ago when the game went ftp. Edited by x_Boots_x

I like the idea of differentiating light and dark side characters more as well, the only real way is through gear, but limiting choices is not good for the game or through visual effects, it's be great to see mirror skill visuals for light or dark side but likely the time for that to happen past a long time ago when the game went ftp.

I play another game which is F2P, and they still do Major Visual Effect changes to the powers... every year or so. :) Going through 40 or so heroes is quite the big challenge and they still do it. Following solely the players suggestions if they can do it, I believe Bioware can do it too...

I'm not a fan of pink lightning in this game to the point that I don't want to play sorcerer because of it. Like you said, movies, trailers, cartoons all have blue lightning.

The simplest solution I myself can think of is a cartel market ability (similar to emotes and out of combat heals), for sorcerers only, which you can toggle (like sprint, cylinder, cell, form) and your lightning is blue while it's toggled on.

You will get Blue Lightnings if you follow the Light Side Choices and you reach Light Side Rank/Level 3, while the same can be done for those who follow the Dark Side, where they can choose Red Lightnings once they reach Dark Side Rank/Level 3

It's a bad way of going about it. What if I want to play a dark side sorc with blue lightning? Maybe you don't know, but crystal colours had light/dark restrictions at launch -- blue was only for light side and red only for dark side. The result was that, if you played light side, you could not be a sith warrior with red lightsabre -- that's just wrong.

I am still wondering if/when they're going to do something to make crystal color in invisible offhands (focus / generator / shield) relevant in some way. Since they first changed it to make that a standard feature in offhand items I was always under the impression that they had wanted to eventually have those control certain effect colors.

I like this idea. I think they currently use crystals there for balance, so that invisible offhand items would have the same stats as an offhand weapon. There is certainly potential here to tint many abilities.

Edited by antonmasik

I like the idea of different lightning colours.The animation would remain the same, only the colour would have to be changed.

And I also want different colours for the personal shields. There is a tiny, short animation where one can see the personal shield (the equippable item) to be active - and I 1. want this animation to be expanded, and 2. want several colours for that - what else would the colour of the item's crystal be for ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
No!

I rather it have it the way it is.

WHAT?! You are kidding right? Those purple lightnings are so ugly... and they've never being used in any of the movies or the animations, they are always blue or green (green for Jedies which can use them), Red is something which came up in my mind, by watching the animation Star Wars the Clone Wars, where in season 3 the last few episodes, where the Witches from that red devastated planet send a male representative as apprentice to Count Douko, and he used with such anger his attacks, that I wished to see for him making red lightnings... -.- It would be ten times cooler, plus the purple color won't go away, whoever wants to have purple color is fine... by me...