Companions 101: Aric Jorgan

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sqeeeee!!! Aric!!!! My very favorite companion and the best romance of all the ones I've done! I love that his relationship with the trooper goes through changes from the beginning of the story to the end, from grouchiness to respect to friendship to (for fem!troopers) romance. The dynamics are great, well worth putting up with his grumpiness at the beginning.

Suggestion for next week...Vector.

Well, Aric and me usually fight but i'm pretty calm with him.

I don't have much "great moments" with him since I rarely use him although I remember getting his boys out of imp prison...although i'm not sure what happened. heh heh :rak_03:

Nice. I only played Trooper during beta so I didn't go far with the class (just played enough to finish the Ord Mantell and Coruscant storylines and a mission in a ship right after), but I really liked Aric Jorgan. He was a great complement to my Combat Medic Commando and I like his personality.

And yes, the fact that he was in a sniper unit yet gameplay-wise he's far from being one is... noteworthy. :rolleyes:

Next one? It has to be Empire and we already got Companions 101 for the Warrior and the Agent, so Mako seems an obvious choice. Khem, too.

Edited by Khyle

As a female Vanguard, I can say that Jorgan is in every aspect my favorite companion. I have completed the story line and the sense of camaraderie and commitment is vibrant and enthralling.

Their final dialogue for the "romance" option is both hopeful and tragically compelling.

And I just have to say it - Kudos to Timothy Omundson for his voice work. It is what makes Jorgan's impenetrable heart of gold shine. I enjoy every conversation and every side comment makes me smile.

I enjoy the sisterhood of heals that Elara brings, but I'd much rather run into battle with Jorgan by my side. Too bad he can't heal. ;)

As aliens go I found Cathar to be some what lack luster and boring which also sums up how I found Aric. I can't think of any moment Jaric impressed me and mostly he came of as a whiny child who just sulked no much how badly I treated him.

For the next one I would love Quinn. Find out how after an entire Chapter getting Jaesa cause of her one unique talent he is immune to it.

He's supposed to be a sniper. In fact he claims to have been in the most elite sniper squad in the Republic. He can't use sniper rifles (last time I checked). It's silly. Bioware needs to match story with mechanics more I think.

Yea, it's one of the bigger holes in how the companion weapon choices got laid out there. It doesn't seem like it would be too hard to actually let him use Sniper Rifles either.

Oh well :p

Jorgan's my bro. My male trooper and him clashed initially (of course!) but my trooper didn't hold it against him. He knows Jorgan was just being a CO who didn't want to risk a rookie making mistakes. As soon as the end of Coruscant they'd become friends for life, and by the end of the game they were inseperable as brothers. Of course, that is, when my trooper isn't spending his quality time with Elara!

Yay! A male Companion! Finally!

I love how three-dimensional Jorgan is. He's almost as 'by the book' as Elara, but he has his weak spots--his need for revenge against the previous Havoc Squad and sometimes doing the right thing even if it means going against Garza's express orders. He's one of those "peel the onion" characters that hits my buttons, and getting to the point where his dry sense of humor starts emerging is rewarding.

Next up: continuing to ask for Malavai Quinn, but wouldn't mind more on Andronikus Revel or Vector Hyllus. More male Companions, please!

Yay! A male Companion! Finally!

I love how three-dimensional Jorgan is. He's almost as 'by the book' as Elara, but he has his weak spots--his need for revenge against the previous Havoc Squad and sometimes doing the right thing even if it means going against Garza's express orders. He's one of those "peel the onion" characters that hits my buttons, and getting to the point where his dry sense of humor starts emerging is rewarding.

Next up: continuing to ask for Malavai Quinn, but wouldn't mind more on Andronikus Revel or Vector Hyllus. More male Companions, please!

I wouldn't call Jorgan by the book at all. He has no use for any kind of formal adherence to regulations or red tape.

He just expects everyone to do their jobs, no excuses or crying. :p