[PVP] So.....people keep telling me powertech is much better than mercs in pvp...

Eterud

Heh... I made a vanguard (republic side's PT) as my main is merc..

And I'm shocked how much stronger it is...

I thought that my merc was pretty strong in pvp...but when I started to do warzones on my level 10 PT......I got shocked. did at level 10 more damage done and a better kill/death ratio already than I've ever did on my merc (450k damage done at level 10, rofl)

The only classes I got problems with so far while levelling my PT are actually marauders, that being said my PT is so far level 15 only ..

(pre-50 mara's where pretty much the only class that I could kill for free as mercenary)

A PT did over 900k yesterday.

No they dont have actually. Yeah armor is same but you can always popup Ion Shield with Vanguard/PT thas has quite lot added damage migtation. And it does matter because in some cases its like 15-20 % less damage than merc.

To make matters worse PT has actually in middle three other abilities that about 4% more damage migtation + when stunned 20%-30%(if I recall right)., Top of that you get AOE and single attack that can both decrease damage done by foes 5%. When you add those up there is noi comparision between AC's what comes to protection

Merc is simply lot worst off but is attacked as much as PT in melee range,

I'll state it again, they both have the same armor. If your cell switching as a PT your gimping yourself, a shield tech should never see PvP after 49. Merc's and PT's both have the same armor and DC's.

Is it really a bunch of clueless kids in this thread?

The biggest difference between Pyro Merc and Pyro PT (since this is the shared tree and is also generally considered the best PvP DPS tree for the classes) can be pretty much summed up in one ability: Flame Burst.

PTs have an instant and spammable way to apply their cell + proc rail shots. Mercs have to stop and cast to proc rail shot. This would be somewhat mitigated by the range difference, but as it is now, 10m + instant is generally better than 30m + cast in PvP (and it isn't like PTs have zero 30m abilities - when they get knocked / slowed out of 10m range, they can still use some things until they get back in range).