PREDICTION: 1.2 comes out March 13th-16th!

BOLTgamer

Lets see, Rakghouls hit on the 13th, which was 4 days before the subscription went out from when it released on December 20th. IMHO Rakghouls wasn't the first major content patch, and was a filler patch for 1.2, so people kept interest. So if we look at that, 60 days from the 17th would be Sunday 18th, and in logic they would so they were gonna release it the week before on the "13th" (ok lol) and say that they are gonna delay it due to technical issues so subs get less content done, so that they will resub.

So my prediction is March 13th-16th

Edited by BOLTgamer

You really shouldn't post dates like that in the title, since Bioware hasn't stated any date for when the patch will come out.

All that Bioware has stated is that it will be in March, which gives them 31 days in the month to pick from for releasing the patch.

You really shouldn't post dates like that in the title, since Bioware hasn't stated any date for when the patch will come out.

All that Bioware has stated is that it will be in March, which gives them 31 days in the month to pick from for releasing the patch.

It's a prediction, and a good one looking at BioWare's marketing scheme so far, and other mmo companies scheme.

Lets see, Rakghouls hit on the 13th, which was 4 days before the subscription went out from when it released on December 20th. IMHO Rakghouls wasn't the first major content patch, and was a filler patch for 1.2, so people kept interest. So if we look at that, 60 days from the 17th would be Sunday 18th, and in logic they would so they were gonna release it the week before on the "13th" (ok lol) and say that they are gonna delay it due to technical issues so subs get less content done, so that they will resub.

So my prediction is March 13th-16th

sounds about right, as long as the patch is ready to go..

It's a prediction, and a good one looking at BioWare's marketing scheme so far, and other mmo companies scheme.

It won't hit that early. EA won't allow a major patch to pull attention from the ME3 launch.

Edited by Knewt

It's quite predictable if you are tracking their weekly patch update numbers?

It's not hard math... they are on 1.1.4 now...

Each week +1 to the patch notes/ number = 6 more weeks to go.

That roughly puts you at around April 3rd - 10th... That's assuming when they get to 1.1.9, +1 = 1.2.0; and hopefully not 1.1.10 :rolleyes:

Edited by pangwl

That roughly puts you at around April 3rd - 10th... That's assuming when they get to 1.1.9, +1 = 1.2.0; and hopefully not 1.1.10 :rolleyes:

It would go to 1.1.10. The numbers are not true decimal numbers. They are programming designations. It is usually [Release].[Major Revision].[Minor Revision]. So, 1.1.3 is release 1, major revision 1 and minor revision 3.

Complete and total misunderstanding of software updating and patching.

It would go to 1.1.10. The numbers are not true decimal numbers. They are programming designations. It is usually [Release].[Major Revision].[Minor Revision]. So, 1.1.3 is release 1, major revision 1 and minor revision 3.

Complete and total misunderstanding of software updating and patching.

lol.. omg, why so serious????

get some humor, you two obviously don't get what I'm trying to hope for?? (quality content released and not too late of a released date.)

Besides, my dates prediction are quite reflected upon the average timeline of Q1's updates, where most games do their {major updates}

Edited by pangwl

• 1 month later...
All MMO companies target their releases at a point in time when the most subs are up for renewal. It is the way it has always been done and will always be done. Give people the carrot and they will continue.

BioWare has TWO MMOs, both of which are VERY NEW, that does not make them an MMO company. They make single player story-arch games. It just so happens they have an MMO, which mind you, is based off one the story of one of their single player games. BioWare is simply a company, that has an MMO, their MMO is barely 4 months old. They are certainly far from an "MMO Company" as you call them. Try SOE, or Blizzard, who have had numerous MMOs for many many years those are MMO Companies. Oh wait, let's try another set of companies such as Bungie, Epic Games, Activision, TreyArch, and just about ANY company that allows multiplayer access in their games. These are all considered MMO Companies, because their games are all based around the thought of hundreds of thousands, to millions, of people being online at any given time.

BioWare? I count them having 2 games like that, which are both VERY new. Star Wars: The Old Republic, and Mass Effect 3. Everything else? Single player.

So you're theory is incorrect. BioWare is a group of people that from my experience actually gives a damn about their customers. No company I've had the annoyance of speaking with due to account issues has ever been so kind and willing to help, other than to benefit themselves with their pointless "Rate my Help" surveys.

BioWare is taking their sweet time to develop a patch that they are very passionate about. That's it, end of story. Drop the conspiracy crap.

Edited by Coyst_Madav

One thing I learn't from expecting patches in MMOs is to take the most distant date you think is realistic and add another months.

MMO patches always take AGES and even conservative estimates are mostly wrong.

Hello everyone,

Because the release date for Game Update 1.2 is a popular topic right now, we ask that you share any thoughts or feedback in the following thread, as we will be closing this topic to help keep our forums better organized:

Thank you for understanding!