This game lacks epeen

Eddizel

This game has no epeen factor or skill factor and that is why my server is dying fast.

We have 4 guilds that have cleared all nightmare 16 man raid content. Countless others doing 8 man.

Most pvpers got all the battlemaster gear and I never see them on anymore because they either quit or are waiting for some sort of incentive to log in again.

I don't think this game lacked endgame content, it was just way too easy to beat and way too easy to get all the gear in the game, pve and pvp.

Whatever hardcore playerbase was/is here needs challenging content and a reason to farm it. Quality pvp players need a competitive situation and not just a stupid RNG grind.

1.2 better hurry and it better be incredible, with rated warzones and compelling/challenging content.............but it might already be too late.

You can argue all day about game is failing/successful or thriving/dying but I can only tell you what I witness on my own server as someone who cares, and I have seen our pop dwindling, with our hardcore playerbase bleeding out extremely fast.

Maybe you want the more hardcore players gone, maybe you dislike them for whatever reason, but the hardcore playerbase is a good base of an MMO, you don't want to lose them.

In short, this game needs more epeen and reasons for hardcore players to keep playing.

It is a short window to keep us here before we move onto the next big thing or end up going back to MMO's that we came from that are simply doing it better. I was patient, gave game a couple of months, wasn't going to jump ship so fast, but time is running short.

You only hear or have bad experiences with the minority of hardcore players. The majority of them are good people who absolutely drive MMO's because they care.

They are the ones who create awesome websites with strats and videos for bosses, or the math nerds who theorycraft all the best specs and how to gear and spreadsheets and 3rd party programs to make the game better if you are into that stuff.

They are the ones who are comfortable leading PUG raids (ops) in their sparetime or leading rated pvp teams.

They are the ones who run smaller dungeon/flashpoint content multiple times looking for specific gear or trying out a new spec or playing alts or maybe even just for fun, while a casual may run it only once just to see it, this makes more groups happening and more often!

They are the ones who run the best guilds and push content and develop rivalries and server communities in both PVE and PVP.

They are the ones who are very active on the GTN and help drive the server economy.

They are the ones willing to test new content on patches on the test servers.

You may not want to believe it or care, but losing your hardcore playerbase has a very important trickle down effect on the servers. They are the players that are around the most and you will notice it when they are gone, I already am noticing it and it is not good.

Edit: Added one of my other posts to this as I felt it was relevant and helped add to my original point.

Edited by Eddizel

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game lacks progression based third party websites basically =) give it time. Rome wasnt built in a day.

I agree with some of what you said..but for different reasons^^ You focus more on recognition for players that want truly Hardcore progression and competition. At the moment its non existent for sure. In both PvE and PvP.

Id say its also true for the social community aswell,theres a serious lack of youtube videos,machinima and general social "vibe". Though you can see the seeds of such things on the fan art sections of these forums already^^ Give it time.

Personally ive been playing MMO's for years,my first one being the original Ultima Online..and im not one for jumping into the Casual vs Hardcore debate.

I personally believe that MMO's need both communities to survive. As said,i agree with you to a certain extent =) But i would also ask that you stick around for a time and give this game some loyalty..stick through the rough times.

Bioware arent blind,deaf and dumb. If you feel so passionately about this game lacking epeen then stick the **** around and keep agitating instead of quitting and going back to the MMO that gives you the pleasure you want.

Thats boring.

I hate saying it again but Rome wasnt built in a day. This is a new MMO and Bioware are new to MMO's aswell...this is time for the community to come together and build up *our* game. And i mean that in loyal gamer sort of way...not the self entitled "i paid money for this game,so its MINE! and everything Bioware does should be to MY personal specifications!" kind of way lol =)

Basically..if you are hardcore player dude,you want competition..i understand that..this game doesnt offer the epeen measuring at the moment...but gosh darn,stick with it none the less. Give it time to grow and be a part of that.

One patch at a time. Maybe next year an expansion? in the meantime,the community grows and evolves,as does this game. The longer people stick with it.

PS "Gosh darn" wasnt my original wording lol hmmm...maybe i should have said..."satans arse"? lol

I'm a casual myself and I agree.

You need the hardcore element for the community. They generate all the drama which I like to read about and most of the useful guides and maths, which helps out everyone and makes the whole experience much deeper. People always complain about the hardcores and their epeen measuring but if you judge people in terms of their contribution to the community instead of how rude they are the hardcore element tend to be much more helpful and good to other players. Not to mention people damning hardcore players based on their fellow casuals saying things like 'noob ur bad lrn2play.'

"They must be an elitist, they mentioned skill! and he was a noob anyway!"

Edited by areto

So basically this game lacks a measurement of the disparity between hardcore and causal players. Between the landed privilaged aristocracy and the peasent workers whom they expect to faun over them because of their epic armor?

edit: I mean don't most of us work already? Do we need two jobs? Especially one where we pay to work.

Edited by kedobanfey

I agree that this game needs something unique for the "hardcore" crowd to keep them coming back. There's no reason not to have this, and it really doesn't affect the non-hardcores gameplay in any way.

That being said, I despise the word "epeen" and the mentality it implies.

I don't know man... I was in a group that wiped 5 times in Hard Mode False Emperor. THen a couple days later, another group that lost a DPS at 1st boss so I took his spot. We wiped several times and couldn't seem to beat HK-47.

I went to get my Fleet datacron and I was there 5 hours cause I was the only person with a museum crystal and so many people failed so hard.

Once in awhile, I'll 2 man the Ilum heroic with a complete idiot who wipes us. I usually solo it.

Hard is a relative term.

Without something to work towards, there is no purpose to playing. You don't need to be "hardcore" in TOR to complete progression. Everything is just too easy and not time consuming enough in this game.

Why developers keep thinking the easy route is the path to success baffles me. WoW didn't get popular because it was easy, it got popular because hardcore players made it popular, then the band wagon casuals flooded in and took over, turning it into easy mode. It happens in every aspect of life, not just games. The niche communities makes things popular, not the wagon jumpers.

Edited by Illuziun

So the hardcore minority is not playing anymore while the casual majority is enjoying the game?

It isn't that simple. You want the hardcore players to keep playing. Keep your hardcore playerbase and you can keep your more casual playerbase as well, the hardcore players GREATLY help the game and community.

You only hear or have bad experiences with the minority of hardcore players. The majority of them are good people who absolutely drive MMO's because they care.

They are the ones who create awesome websites with strats and videos for bosses, or the math nerds who theorycraft all the best specs and how to gear and spreadsheets and 3rd party programs to make the game better if you are into that stuff.

They are the ones who are comfortable leading PUG raids (ops) in their sparetime or leading rated pvp teams.

They are the ones who run smaller dungeon/flashpoint content multiple times looking for specific gear or trying out a new spec or playing alts or maybe even just for fun, while a casual may run it only once just to see it, this makes more groups happening and more often!

They are the ones who run the best guilds and push content and develop rivalries and server communities in both PVE and PVP.

They are the ones who are very active on the GTN and help drive the server economy.

You may not want to believe it or care, but losing your hardcore playerbase has a very important trickle down effect on the servers. They are the players that are around the most and you will notice it when they are gone, I already am noticing it and it is not good.

It isn't that simple. You want the hardcore players to keep playing. Keep your hardcore playerbase and you can keep your more casual playerbase as well, the hardcore players GREATLY help the game and community.

Thank you, for saying what so many could not. You are the voice of a hard core generation.

...ok that sounded more sarcastic then intended. Nah, really though. This, he sums it up exactly.

So basically this game lacks a measurement of the disparity between hardcore and causal players. Between the landed privilaged aristocracy and the peasent workers whom they expect to faun over them because of their epic armor?

edit: I mean don't most of us work already? Do we need two jobs? Especially one where we pay to work.

You don't have to care about what the more hardcore players are doing. You don't have to play the game like they do or worry about it. Right now though they really have no reason to play, and if you enjoy this game and want it to flourish, you will need them to want to play, trust me.

You don't have to like them, you don't have to care about them, but they will make your game better if you keep them around. I gave my reasons for this in the post above.

As someone who used to be a Hardcore gamer and is now very casual and already blown through all the content very easily, I agree 100% with the OP. This game has absolutely no purpose and nothing to work for, and unless they add that something very soon, nothing worth playing this game for.

So the hardcore minority is not playing anymore while the casual majority is enjoying the game?

Yep. :D For me, it's about the journey, not the destination, so I'm perfectly happy. Raiding is something that bored me in MMOs 12 years ago, and it still holds zero attraction now. As for PvP I get my fix in Eve, where PvP counts for something.