There is no maxing out our characters for players who have lives outside the game

ClaudeTaylor

Are you doing Conquest? Ops? SM Ops only take an hour or less for most. Or just buy them off the GTN - they're always for sale.

The only problems I see with ops: some of the groups you end up in leave a lot to be desired and make decisions that I would prefer to avoid.

Buying stuff on the GTN ? Seriously ... unless you're sitting on SEVERAL HUNDRED MIL in credits .. not going to happen. Don't get me wrong. I use it for a lot of stuff. But definately not the good stuff.. high end gear or other drops.

All to often most drops are almost unrelated to the toons we have. Some of the command crates do "OK" but not enough places to spend command tokens on what we would prefer.

( I hope this makes sense ).

BTW... I know that a lot folks use what you are suggesting and do well with it. I'd prefer other options to go WITH what you have proposed in your response.

;)

BW needs to put more T5 (252) and T6 (258) in CXP crates than they already do. In the ton of boxes I've opened since Ossus launched, I may have looted 1 MWC and gear box...maybe...I can't be 100% sure on that though.

This geared all my toon in 248. It wasn't immediate but wasn't so far out there either. I don't know why BW can't do this. Seems malicious sometimes. I have several toons that won't finish Kotfe because I just can't stomach those stories and trash fighting anymore. They will never see 252/258. My main is about 253-ish and a second character at 252 on another server.

We all want the best gear, no matter what we do. It needs to be lightened up some. Add a couple more options for getting a crystal a day. Maybe add a few to the Conquest weekly reward. Add one to the world bosses. The end of pve chapters. Get creative.

Edited by Zerileth

BTW... I know that a lot folks use what you are suggesting and do well with it. I'd prefer other options to go WITH what you have proposed in your response.

;)

I'm open to other ways as well - aside from buying CC's and selling items on the GTN, it's hard as hell to think of another way to get the mats the OP wants...

My plan is do what I like and grab whatever new 260+ rated green/blue gear drops when 6.0 hits.

This whole current grind will be irrelevant soon enough. Heck, just a few months back it was a fairly hefty gear climb from 230 to 248 (246 via purchasable purple gear/mods is where most of my 70s were), now you can skip right from dirt cheap 228s or token bought 230s to 252s so damned quick your head would spin.

I’m pretty sure I saw a vendor on Ossus who sells “white” 240-ish rated gear for a couple thousand credits each.

It’s only BIS that’s a ridiculous grind... BIS-1 (252’s currently... a barely noticeable drop for anything less than the highest grades of content) has always been stupid easy to acquire.

My plan is do what I like and grab whatever new 260+ rated green/blue gear drops when 6.0 hits.

This whole current grind will be irrelevant soon enough. Heck, just a few months back it was a fairly hefty gear climb from 230 to 248 (246 via purchasable purple gear/mods is where most of my 70s were), now you can skip right from dirt cheap 228s or token bought 230s to 252s so damned quick your head would spin.

I’m pretty sure I saw a vendor on Ossus who sells “white” 240-ish rated gear for a couple thousand credits each.

It’s only BIS that’s a ridiculous grind... BIS-1 (252’s currently... a barely noticeable drop for anything less than the highest grades of content) has always been stupid easy to acquire.

I have a feeling we won’t be seeing 6.0 before November-December. I wouldn’t call that soon

I have a feeling we won’t be seeing 6.0 before November-December. I wouldn’t call that soon

I'm not saying your 100% right ... BUT considering how long it takes to get new contient hammered out (correctly) and some of the things that many of us are hoping make it into the next big release don't be surprised if you're not right on the money!

Truthfully .. I was hoping for late summer ... but if it takes a few more months to get there and the development team delivers ... then it will be worth it!

Hmmm we almost need to start a "Christmas wish list" in the suggestion box. Thoughts ?