Why do you want to join a guild?

FluorineSpark

This is my first MMO, so I really don't know how group or guild works. I've been playing solo and everything works out well for me so far. But I run into a very difficult and buggy boss fight

(Jadus on the Imperial Agent Class quest)

And I've been stuck with this boss since last week. When checking the forum for help tips, a lot of player said they ask a high level guild member to help them out. I was tempted to do the same. I don't have a lot of options here, either ask for help, or painfully grind up a couple of level and come back , which may or may not work.

(I'm at lvl 33, and I heard people having problem with Jadus at lvl 37).

So I guess my question is: What is some of the benefit of joining a guild? Is joining a guild requires a lot of commitment? I have a very busy life (part of the reason I don't touch MMOs before). I can't really commit 4 hours of play every day. I'd be happy if I get 2 hours after midnight.

Is there a guide for the first timers on how to join a guild? or better yet, what is a guild?

Different guilds will require different things for you. A casual guild is probably a good start as there aren't expectations on times you will be available and other things like that.

Personally, I have more friends that I made through PvP then members in my guild. I did my first HM last night (Hardmode Flashpoint that you can do at 50) with 1 guild member and 2 friends through PvP.

So while joining a guild usually means you can get assistance from other people, its not neccessary. In fact you can even just ask in /general if someone can help and might get lucky. I was doing a class quest on Dromund Kaas in my 40s and helped a level 12 guy with his class quest.

I have made more friends in this game in the first month then any other MMO I played for years for some reason.

Edited by Acindo

guild is moot , you cant beat a lvl 37 at lvl 33.

The boss is at lvl 32, I'm at lvl 33. I was killed like 10 times before I decide to go grind up some level. But I heard people try to beat him at lvl 35 even up to lvl 37 still had a tough time. So...I don't know how to deal with him.

Thank you for answer my question :D Do guild members need to be on the same server?

The boss is at lvl 32, I'm at lvl 33. I was killed like 10 times before I decide to go grind up some level. But I heard people try to beat him at lvl 35 even up to lvl 37 still had a tough time. So...I don't know how to deal with him.

Thank you for answer my question :D Do guild members need to be on the same server?

There are a couple ways to beat him solo. I don't know what AC you are, but I have a sniper.

Get at max range and send your companion in to attack him. When he attacks, put your companion on passive - he will follow. Leg shot him when he comes off his platform. Send your companion back in and fight him as normal.

It is very important to interrupt his lightning attack - flash bang, shiv, whatever. You can also LOS him by running behind the computer consoles.

I used a dps companion, got up on the platform behind him and then shived him. Then I blew him off the platform with Cover Pulse. He's not bugged once he's off the platform.

Hope this helps!

Edited by blancs

。。。

Thanks! I was just frustrated by the "can't see target bug", although I'm not sure if I could beat him without that bug. As a sniper I guess I'm just so used to stationary behind cover, working with Los is not my thing.... I guess I'll go to Nar Shadaar and do some bonus quests, level up to 34, and see if I can beat him with kiting around... If I can't beat him at 34, I'll go join a guild and beg some nice person to help me out.

Just the thought that I need to beat him 3 times make me feel depressed.

Thanks! I was just frustrated by the "can't see target bug", although I'm not sure if I could beat him without that bug. As a sniper I guess I'm just so used to stationary behind cover, working with Los is not my thing.... I guess I'll go to Nar Shadaar and do some bonus quests, level up to 34, and see if I can beat him with kiting around... If I can't beat him at 34, I'll go join a guild and beg some nice person to help me out.

Just the thought that I need to beat him 3 times make me feel depressed.

I didn't kite him around. I just added that in there because some people find it easier. I just shived him, dropped into cover and blew him off the platform. Once he's off, you can fight him like normal, just use your interrupts, and keep him off you with knock backs and leg shot.

Edited by blancs

Hi there, FluorineSpark!

Should you wish to look into joining a guild, guilds recruiting would be advertising in the special recruitment subsection within the Server Group Forums. Servers are broken up by type and grouped by alphabet.

Additionally, we have a wonderful resource that's been created by members of our community, The Ideal Guild Quiz! that may help you find the people you're looking for.

To any guilds reading this, please do not use New Player Help for recruitment, as we do not allow recruitment outside of the designated areas.

Best of luck finding what you're looking for!

This is my first MMO, so I really don't know how group or guild works. I've been playing solo and everything works out well for me so far. But I run into a very difficult and buggy boss fight

(Jadus on the Imperial Agent Class quest)

And I've been stuck with this boss since last week. When checking the forum for help tips, a lot of player said they ask a high level guild member to help them out. I was tempted to do the same. I don't have a lot of options here, either ask for help, or painfully grind up a couple of level and come back , which may or may not work.

(I'm at lvl 33, and I heard people having problem with Jadus at lvl 37).

So I guess my question is: What is some of the benefit of joining a guild? Is joining a guild requires a lot of commitment? I have a very busy life (part of the reason I don't touch MMOs before). I can't really commit 4 hours of play every day. I'd be happy if I get 2 hours after midnight.

Is there a guide for the first timers on how to join a guild? or better yet, what is a guild?

A guild is a collection of players and thus what those players make of it. Some can be huge loose connections of 100 people that make guild chat into a glorified lfg tool. Some are tiny tight-knit groups of under ten people who possibly even know each other all outside the game.

Likewise there are very specialized guilds that will be extremely demanding, usually the terms here would be 'raiding guild' or possibly 'pvp guild'. Any time a guild announces itself as having a very specific particular focus it has a much higher chance about requiring a much more substantive availability commitment (not so much in total hours always as "you have to be here at such and such a time each week) and want you to be optimized on gear/consumables/etc.

The flip side is too casual and the guild accomplishes nothing, especially early in a game's incarnation like that some people form up guilds that have no real interest in running/maintaining one they just like the idea that 'hey I can have my own guild now' or just wantonly load up on people bringing it back to that glorified lfg status eventually again.

All that said, when you find the right guild that is a good collection of fairly like-minded individuals it is a great thing that I highly encourage as it very much enriches an MMO experience.

The tough one here is the lack of server forums to browse through 'now recruiting' posts. Yes they have guild hall based sections and still worth looking through there. The reason being is that a post in a forum can say a lot about a guild

1.The info they lay out-- i.e. 'we are a casual guild looking towards hardmodes and OP progression' or 'we focused on being helpful towards everyone leveling' etc.

2.The fact that they posted-- It is easy to throw out a "XYZ is now recruiting" in general chat, taking a little time and putting it in a forum speaks a little to how much time officers will be willing to put in

3.Applications don't always mean hardcore--> In the last MMO I played the guild I ended up with had an application on its server forums despite being a pretty mellow group with no set 'have to ___' type things. We just used it because again just the act of filling it out alone spoke a lot about the person applying.