Orange Gear

ufarax

I don't know for sure, so I am commenting to stay informed.

That being said, I do not believe so. I believe the Armor Mod will affect the quality of the armor, but I believe the item itself will have the level requirement no matter what.

EDIT: and just like that someone who knows better! Thanks :)

Edited by KINRAD

Not totally sure either but I think its fixed on the armor wether you change mods or not.

I have some lvl 44 and 50 items though I'm lvl 22. (I think they also say requires lvl 17 for the character) Ive changed mods, the points changed but I dont think the lvl ever changed. Maybe I'll check tonight. Good question.

Also be aware that the Armor level on the Armor mod does not equate to the player level. After all, I've got some orange pieces with Armor Level 68 armoring mods in them.

Not true. You are confusing level required with Rating. Armor rating is 68, level is what is required to equip.

Some orange items have level requirement that they have even if you take all the mods out of them. You can't lower that by replacing the mods with low level ones.

Also a lot of people seem to have some misunderstanding about what it means that armouring/barrel/hilt determines the level of the item.

What this means is simply that the armouring alone determines the armor value of the armor and barrel/hilt alone determines how much weapon damage a weapon has and other mods just add stats. It has nothing to do with level requirement to wear the item. The level requirement to wear the item is always that of its highest level component (which can be any of the mods inside it or the item itself without mods)

Some orange items have level requirement that they have even if you take all the mods out of them. You can't lower that by replacing the mods with low level ones.

Also a lot of people seem to have some misunderstanding about what it means that armouring/barrel/hilt determines the level of the item.

What this means is simply that the armouring alone determines the armor value of the armor and barrel/hilt alone determines how much weapon damage a weapon has and other mods just add stats. It has nothing to do with level requirement to wear the item. The level requirement to wear the item is always that of its highest level component (which can be any of the mods inside it or the item itself without mods)

You are correct. I purchased the armor, removed the mods and such. The armor level requirement remained the same.