Organizing an 8 Scout vs 8 Gunship game

Drakkolich

CANCELED

Thanks anyways!

As I'm sure a lot of players are aware there is a disagreement going on, on who win in an 8 gunship vs 8 Scout game.

I'm looking for 15 other really good players good at 1 or both of these ship roles, the plan is to get together on my mumble and all queue at the same time to test this.

In all honesty this whole endeavor will probably fail I doubt I can get enough players to get this off the ground. So were going to start small and see where it goes.

I'm looking for anyone that has a Mastered Sting/Flashfire or Mangler/Quarrel/Jurgoran/Condor on the Bastion and is willing to get on mumble to try this to post me there name/faction/ship in this thread. I don't have a date in mind yet so the plan is to see if I can actually get enough players to even attempt this before picking a date.

If we do actually get enough players to do this we might consider making this some kind of mini event to test stuff for funsies.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to lend their time to this attempt.

Scouts:

Drakolich/Both Factions

Strix/Empire

Bolo Yeung/Unknown Faction

Yallia/Empire

Ramalina/Both Factions (depending on time frame)

Nemarus/Republic

Tholric/Republic

Gunships:

Drakolich/Both Factions

Bolo Yeung/Unknown Faction

Vonnare/Republic

Sithace/Empire

Aquilon-tune/Both Factions

Siraka/Republic

Vexxial/Republic

Etri/Republic

Edited by Drakkolich

Volunteering as a GS :)

Edit: And scout too, assuming there will be enough pilots willing to fly GS side.

However, the match it will be prone to sabotage (2-3 pilots that will lose on purpose in one team... and the match is set.

by the way, what server would it be on?

Edited by Bolo_Yeung

I'll go as a scout depending on when this is. I haven't been on much lately because for some reason my computer hard restarts after about 10 minutes whenever I play ToR now (probably either a fan on the graphics card or the power supply crapping out, not sure, though it never crashes when I run other things), which is why I haven't been on much lately. If I've got it fixed by then I'm down ^_~.

I am meh at scout I feel, so I volunteer for the GS portion. While technically not great in one either, I feel I am at least better enough in one by comparison to the scout that I make for a good opponent in this case.

Edit: from the look of the other posts, I honestly dont think people are giving the GS enough credit. They are at a severe disadvantage and will likely get their collective faces stomped in, but they wont get their faces THAT stomped in, especially with the jurgoran/ Condor.

I do prefer if I can play on pub, but I have mastered everythign on both sides, so it shouldnt matter.

Edited by tunewalker

Wow this is filling up way faster then I thought it would. So far it looks like there are more Scouts then can play Empire and more Gunships for Republic, something to keep an eye out but keep posting for whatever you can play so we can see whats left.

Bolo if it does actually happen I'll be streaming the whole thing and hopefully Yallia will too so we'll be able to see what happened. In my first post I said on Bastion as a lot of players have ships there now cause of the events.

Thanks for the support guys keep it up, we need more then 8 on each side for the lists because not everyone is going to be able to make certain times.

Wow this is filling up way faster then I thought it would. So far it looks like there are more Scouts then can play Empire and more Gunships for Republic, something to keep an eye out but keep posting for whatever you can play so we can see whats left.

Bolo if it does actually happen I'll be streaming the whole thing and hopefully Yallia will too so we'll be able to see what happened. In my first post I said on Bastion as a lot of players have ships there now cause of the events.

Thanks for the support guys keep it up, we need more then 8 on each side for the lists because not everyone is going to be able to make certain times.

I'll definitely stream. I'd put my money on the scouts, but what works on paper doesn't always work in practice.

I would like to ask for placing the match on some East Coast server - on the Bastion latency is pretty much killing for me.

Also, the gear level would be important... the match should be played on mastered ships TBH, but this can be hard to achieve.

I've got a somewhat upgraded Novadive pub side on Bastion, and depending on the lead time for this I could focus gearing up a Imp sting in the name of science. If recruitment goes well I might even burn up some CC for conversion from other ships to speed up gearing.

As a favor to the gunship team, I shall not volunteer for it.

Edited by Ramalina

I would like to ask for placing the match on some East Coast server - on the Bastion latency is pretty much killing for me.

Also, the gear level would be important... the match should be played on mastered ships TBH, but this can be hard to achieve.

I asked for players with mastered ships on Bastion. If latency or gear is a problem I can take your name off. I believe Bastion is our best chance to get 8 mastered Scouts vs 8 mastered Gunships as many people have leveled ships there for the events.

Dude, he moved the goalposts three times already. First it was 1v1, then it was something something team, then it became this 8 scouts versus 8 gunships thing. The game could be fair and balanced with 8 gunships eating 8 scouts alive- the point is that 8 gunships is not able to win against many other teams.

I wouldn't put money on team gunship here, tbh.

Look, lets say, for instance, that the scouts lose. Bolo will suddenly think he proved something, when, in practice, we see full gunship teams and we take them apart with balanced teams. All scouts makes you too vulnerable to a couple bombers joining in a real game, just as all gunships leaves you wide open (which is why it happens so rarely, and never wins).

Now lets say that, for instance, the gunships lose (as you would expect). Do you think that will be the end of it? Do you think Bolo, who has held the same opinion despite being told what was what by people with thousands more games played than him, will change his mind?

Or will it not be a good test because of something, or the gunships were worse than the scouts, or we didn't get the best possible map for a gunship to run from a scout on, or the gunships didn't coordinate, or there was a lot of RNG?

Keep in mind he currently holds this position despite being told he is wrong by dozens, totally undone by many scouts, and having had the math of the situation made available to him.

No neutral person would watch the videos you posted and give the commentary he gave. The game where your team got 28 kills (and you were 23 of them), where I watched you tab through SIX enemies who all had you targeted, where he ran you back and forth across bombers, gunships, and scouts, and was like "... then drako got in a premade", despite said "premade"'s only purpose being to peel the other guys away from you? The fact that, unlike the game where you had to pop the same gunship twice due to respawns before being able to chase him, your "premade" never targeted him in any way?

As everyone knows, Drakolich can't beat my stock starguard 8 games in a row on red eclipse whilst wearing a miniskirt and clown makeup. Set the camera up, I'm available at whatever 6 AM is your time!

Edited by Verain

QUOTE=Verain;8063477]Dude, he moved the goalposts three times already. First it was 1v1, then it was something something team, then it became this 8 scouts versus 8 gunships thing.

Correction. First was my previous discussion about 8v8. Then (after getting the reply that 'every scout gets his GS and kills kim' I told that chased GS can evade for a while and shoot a few targets of opportunity while doing so. THEN it turned to 'let's test 1v1'.

Look, lets say, for instance, that the scouts lose. Bolo will suddenly think he proved something, when, in practice, we see full gunship teams and we take them apart with balanced teams. All scouts makes you too vulnerable to a couple bombers joining in a real game, just as all gunships leaves you wide open (which is why it happens so rarely, and never wins).

Now lets say that, for instance, the gunships lose (as you would expect). Do you think that will be the end of it? Do you think Bolo, who has held the same opinion despite being told what was what by people with thousands more games played than him, will change his mind?

/Verain, you're a prophet! *bows*

However, look at the fact that your tone suggest that scouts team win will be a proof for scouts dominance (but Bolo will not agree), while winning of GS team will be irrelevant...

And seriously, I agree that 1 and even 10 matches won't totally prove it - but we will have an insight how this theoretical scenario can looks like in practice.

Or will it not be a good test because of something, or the gunships were worse than the scouts, or we didn't get the best possible map for a gunship to run from a scout on, or the gunships didn't coordinate, or there was a lot of RNG?

... or some GS pilots sabotaged the match :p

And if scouts lose, I guess there will be people saying the same on other side.

Keep in mind he currently holds this position despite being told he is wrong by dozens, totally undone by many scouts, and having had the math of the situation made available to him.

If 'dozens' (how much exactly people did say this to me?... can you count?) are saying something, yet I rarely see a game with 'scout swarm' and GS walls are common, then I have a reason to think that 'dozens' are mistaken. Thats all.

Hmmm... 'totally undone by many scouts'? What do you mean?

No neutral person would watch the videos you posted and give the commentary he gave. The game where your team got 28 kills (and you were 23 of them), where I watched you tab through SIX enemies who all had you targeted, where he ran you back and forth across bombers, gunships, and scouts, and was like "... then drako got in a premade", despite said "premade"'s only purpose being to peel the other guys away from you?

Well, that premade if they didnt shoot at me (have to check it) succeed also with other guys having some shots on me, despite Drako's requests (3 times I was killed by someone else... nearly half of my total deaths)

And I asked people to stop targetting Drako as well in 3rd game. Not my fault that someone was likely farming his KDR or whatever.

to conclude.

The math will not be a 'hard proof' to our discussion, but will certainly give some insights on it. And - I hope it will be fun.

More later, now I have to go :)

Edited by Bolo_Yeung

You dont see much scout swarms?

Progenitor

On pub side, regular Scouters who kick gunships on regular bases:

Kessler, Moganas, Valhein,Alarah, Rosy, Tholric, Pastelun, Morrigan, Cithia, Ironiv, Acecavalery

On imp side:

Silverhaze, Xithos, Lok`hyn, Tomator, Miriya, Nymika, Cainin, Diar, Kalvas, Keridowyn, Skyie, Gope, Northerlight

The reson that You rearly see all scout teams, couse they are just not good as a balanced team. All of those pilots adapt to situation and use other ships. I did`nt mention other good pilots or myself. Only does who use a scout as a main.

Everyone here agrees on the fact that Gunships have a lower skill requirement to be usefull/get some oportunity kills. And thats rewarding for new players. Also its easier to get a T1 GS then T2 scout(T1 GS for subs, some time ago, and 2500 reg vs 5000 req.)

Funny thing is that only few of them stick to that ship while they progres in uderstanding the game mechanics.

Also:

What a GS team brings to the match? Range superioroty and ion AoE supresion

What scout team brings? Speed and evasion and the best killing power with the lowest TTK

All bombers team: Area negation and heals. A safe zone to retreat. And of course: everyones favorite: Beacon(s).

A balanced team, brings all of those things, not just stacked one of them.

I can join for this experiment:

Etrii, Quarell, Pub side

I need to get around to mastering my Flashfire on Bastion - if I get it before the teams are fully set, you can count me in.

Tholric - Flashfire (usually Quad and Pods) - Pub side

Edited by Yojiro

I'll be sitting this one out. I feel like we've given Trolo enough airtime as it is. If you're doing this just for giggles, then go for it. If it's because of the other thread, I'm with Verain. And timing/context feels like this is a response to the other thread.

You dont see much scout swarms?

Progenitor

On pub side, regular Scouters who kick gunships on regular bases:

(...long list...)

Checked my matches from Progenitor... and rarely I have seen more than 3/8 or 5/12 T2 scouts at the same time. 3XT1 Gs are pretty common, especially in TDM. BTW what ship do you fly most often? :)

Sure, there are ace level and good level scout pilots hunting GS, but how often do You see *many* of them in one team? Most of the time it is one - two scouts against much more lower skill GS.

For he rest... I suggest we keep that discussion (GS vs scout) in one topic, not everywhere. And I am looking forward for that matches ( I guess we can do more than one?).

@Drako. Depends... I have very low upgrades on Bastion atm, and ques there aren't as good as on Harb (for instance) Latency is bad as well...

isn't is possible to try other server? Maybe let;'s list who have ships on other server and we can see where the most of the willing players have upgraded ships.

Of course we can try the match with stock/low upgraded ships as well.

PS. Maybe it is possible to play a match on PTS server?... (sorry if this is stupid question, I dont know details how PTS works)

@Nyghtrunner. Ignore list is a wonderful feature of the forums. If you can't stand my posts, add me to your ignorelist as I did with you :)

Edited by Bolo_Yeung

Look guys, this is going to be rough to get off the ground as is. All I want to do is play, this is just another Variation and another experiment to give me an excuse to play with some cool guys. I seriously doubt, any one who takes the time to do this. Gets qeued up just to have matchmaker not give us the proper match for like 5- 6 games. Then FINALLY get this game, to think we all arent going to give our best. i signed up for Team gunship not to scew it against gunships, but because that's my best ship in this situation, and I am going to do what I do EVERY game... I am going to give the enemy hell. I usually play on pub bastion, they are the underdogs 7/10 of the time so flying in adversity I am learning to do fairly well with. I may lose, but any one flying a scout beware..... a few of you will die, I promise you that.