Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Double Rewards

HekaHeh
07.08.2019 , 03:16 PM | #1
Will there be another x2 exp/cxp week or weekend in the timeframe before the game update?

Phazonfreak
07.08.2019 , 03:37 PM | #2
No official announcement yet, but every new expansion had an xp event shortly before and/or within the first weeks of its release, so there should be one.

KoriVash
07.08.2019 , 06:36 PM | #3
I expect it to be the week of the release. I think this for two reasons. 1 new level and 2. Renown. BW will want some feedback on renown crates even though its be negative. Why negative? really you not read any posts on the forums?

Ner_idia
07.09.2019 , 11:56 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by KoriVash View Post
I expect it to be the week of the release. I think this for two reasons. 1 new level and 2. Renown. BW will want some feedback on renown crates even though its be negative. Why negative? really you not read any posts on the forums?
That's kinda the purpose of game forums, to get feedback. As you might expect, you're primarily going to get feedback from people who find bugs and just don't like the way things are set up. Positive feedback tends to be rarer than hen's teeth.

istvana
07.09.2019 , 12:11 PM | #5
Positive feedback tends to be rarer than hen's teeth. <

And those who give it are attacked for fowl play.

ceryxp
07.09.2019 , 03:08 PM | #6
It's possible there will be a double rewards week following update 5.10.4, which is (possibly) coming next week. I suspect that if they intend to run a double rewards week after 5.10.4 it will be the week of 23 - 30 July but they didn't put it on the schedule because that tends to give away the date of the update (since double reward weeks tend to follow an update by one week). If not with 5.10.4 then the next one we're likely to see is in September with update 6.0.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

DarthCasus
07.09.2019 , 09:52 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by istvana View Post

Well, that's a lie. Now when it's a divisive topic like the expansions, which had their lovers and haters, I'd expect things to get heated on both sides. And even then, BW hasn't really made a lot of praise-worthy content as of the past few years. Ossus received a lot of props rightfully but then they pulled the crystal grind bs. There was also the 258 gear, leaving an awful drop rate for crystals and 252 gear as it was and the companion bugs which affect a lot of the daily doing experience unless you work around it.

Basically, every good thing they do tend to come with the same old negatives and they have horrid reaction time. Look at us waiting until fall for a companion bug fix and long-since needed rebalancing, and there's no guaruntee that they'll even acknowledge a number of other bugs related to companions alone when 6.0 rolls around. And no one knows if the changes they're bringing will even be well received until they drop them. But if they are, you'll definitely hear about it.
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop

Rolodome
07.09.2019 , 10:33 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ner_idia View Post
That's kinda the purpose of game forums, to get feedback. As you might expect, you're primarily going to get feedback from people who find bugs and just don't like the way things are set up. Positive feedback tends to be rarer than hen's teeth.
In what's left of this community, positive feedback seems to be pretty easily doled out for very little. I remember some people praising them for delaying the patch that was making the conquest change because there was some bug in it to do with combat animations or something (as in, praising them for catching it or whatever, rather than releasing the patch as broken).

Then they proceeded to crumple up that good faith, toss it in the nearest dumpster, and set the dumpster on fire with their repeated and ridiculously messy and long fixes to the conquest issue and re-patching and fixes and re-patching and a week of lag during a double xp event.

If the mood looks darker right now, that's probably part of why. It's hard to have faith in them to deliver when they struggled that much with a single feature change. And we know they react with the speed of a sloth riding a turtle, so that doesn't help.

Then again, video game forums usually are a concentrated source of negativity, but there's also usually a lot of easy credit given. I don't know that I've ever seen credit given so easily for things like catching a bug and needing to delay a patch to fix it though. What's considered normal in terms of quality decisions is so bizarrely off here. It's a good day when a patch just makes decent changes and doesn't break anything. If this was a free game being run by volunteers, I'd consider those kind of issues to be normal. But not from a premium game, premium service business. It's kind of nutty.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

istvana
07.10.2019 , 08:21 AM | #9
They have confirmed that the next update is likely for next week - when the patch notes come out they will mention any double xp event associated with it. Since I returned to SWTOR, and as stated earlier in this thread, such events tend to be one week after the patch is released.

cmcougar
07.10.2019 , 05:54 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by istvana View Post

Cliche or not, no truer words were ever spoken!