Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your game is crashing my internet

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Your game is crashing my internet

Nmyownworld
09.14.2017 , 10:30 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Sharkhonn View Post
Did any of those tech guys ever have you try to recreate the issue while they were checking everything? I ask cause there can be certain issues that they will not see until the problem actually happens. Sounds like a curious issue. If it were a SWTOR only problem then it would be a more common occurrence.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tahana View Post
Did they have you check between your ISP and the SWTOR servers.. Because 99% of the time that is where the issue is.
We did try to recreate the problem. I think we were able to recreate the disconnect, although there was no explanation for why it was happening. I'm not tech savvy, and don't remember the tech speak of the conversations. I remember there were pings and tracerts, and checking to be sure my computer was up-to-date on drivers, and I think some other stuff. I called about the situation twice, although it consistently happens whenever my Internet connection goes down. I stopped calling SWTOR and my ISP's tech when it happens because the calls usually took two+ hours and emails with pings and tracerts, and ended with no specific cause being found. Now when my ISP goes down (weather knocks out power -- life in tornado alley, or tech issues on my ISP's end), I just wait a couple a days or so, and the SWTOR only disconnecting me from the Internet problem stops.

OwenBrooks
09.14.2017 , 11:23 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by SebastiaanZ View Post
No SWTOR is crashing my internet period. Cause its only SWTOR and no other application. Even took down all running applications and processes, didn't change ****. So its SWTOR.
Can you confirm this is the PCs network adapter or the router/modem ?

Did this just start occurring on this PC and was fine previously ?

If it is the network adapter can you test another or even if possible switch between 2.4GHz and the 5 GHz bands and see if it persists

JattaGin
09.15.2017 , 07:28 AM | #23
What exactly does "crashing my internet" mean? Does this mean that the internet connection gets lost? Or does the router get disconnected or..?
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

kodrac
09.15.2017 , 10:00 AM | #24
Serious answers only please, don't need your sarcasm.
You are comedy gold, bruh.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Id find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
or Kodrac, for saying everything I want to say, but he takes one for team and gets a warning.

Andryah
09.15.2017 , 12:10 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
You are comedy gold, bruh.
^^ /endorsement.

He also is ironic in saying that.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Andryah
09.15.2017 , 12:11 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
What exactly does "crashing my internet" mean? Does this mean that the internet connection gets lost? Or does the router get disconnected or..?
Honestly.. it plays a lot like the always popular "the dog ate my homework" meme.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Andryah
09.15.2017 , 12:16 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Nmyownworld View Post
We did try to recreate the problem. I think we were able to recreate the disconnect, although there was no explanation for why it was happening. I'm not tech savvy, and don't remember the tech speak of the conversations. I remember there were pings and tracerts, and checking to be sure my computer was up-to-date on drivers, and I think some other stuff. I called about the situation twice, although it consistently happens whenever my Internet connection goes down. I stopped calling SWTOR and my ISP's tech when it happens because the calls usually took two+ hours and emails with pings and tracerts, and ended with no specific cause being found. Now when my ISP goes down (weather knocks out power -- life in tornado alley, or tech issues on my ISP's end), I just wait a couple a days or so, and the SWTOR only disconnecting me from the Internet problem stops.
The thing with drivers is they can be up to date and still not be working correctly in the context of a particular OS or hardware update to a system. And it is this aspect that feeds into system specific configurations and issues related to said configurations and software.... and hence why the user must first localize the actual culprit.... and not just assume it is the software you clicked on to start.

That earlier issue I explained with the EDGE browser crashing my internet or the PC itself randomly......... I actually had to tell everyone in the home to not use EDGE until further notice because I had isolated that application as the only offender, and it began immediately after the Win 10 anniversary update. Microsoft did not push any updates to EDGE to fix this. It was several weeks later before the PC manufacturer pushed me a pass-through of an updated set of wired and wireless drivers from the OEMs before the issue was resolved.

Foambreaker
09.15.2017 , 12:47 PM | #28
You are not on cellular internet right?

Lyonelus
07.13.2019 , 03:34 PM | #29
Sorry, but I must also write here. Have same problem. I am playing on different connections. One at home, one at other place. First one is okay, but second one is falling in various periods after starting play SWTOR. During anyother game, application etc., it is not happening.

lightSaberAddiCt
07.13.2019 , 08:24 PM | #30
No SWTOR is crashing my internet period. Cause its only SWTOR and no other application. Even took down all running applications and processes, didn't change ****. So its SWTOR.
Lol never had this problem sorry... I would follow the advice above check your rig, contact ISP and say "hey when I play this game it disconnects."

Another thing you may want to look at, are you wireless?
Just Click It for Free Stuff I need the CC
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hj4n32