Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Double Rewards

Toraak
07.10.2019 , 07:53 PM | #11
I would expect it to be 1 week after 5.10.4 as other posters have also said

However I wouldn't expect any Double XP event shortly after 6.0. At least not the next week. That would defeat the purpose of having a level increase because we'd all speed all of our characters to 75 in the 2nd week of the expansion then. Expect no double XP events once 6.0 goes live for at least a few months after the expansion hits.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

DarthCasus
07.11.2019 , 03:31 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
In what's left of this community, positive feedback seems to be pretty easily doled out for very little. I remember some people praising them for delaying the patch that was making the conquest change because there was some bug in it to do with combat animations or something (as in, praising them for catching it or whatever, rather than releasing the patch as broken).

Then they proceeded to crumple up that good faith, toss it in the nearest dumpster, and set the dumpster on fire with their repeated and ridiculously messy and long fixes to the conquest issue and re-patching and fixes and re-patching and a week of lag during a double xp event.

If the mood looks darker right now, that's probably part of why. It's hard to have faith in them to deliver when they struggled that much with a single feature change. And we know they react with the speed of a sloth riding a turtle, so that doesn't help.

Then again, video game forums usually are a concentrated source of negativity, but there's also usually a lot of easy credit given. I don't know that I've ever seen credit given so easily for things like catching a bug and needing to delay a patch to fix it though. What's considered normal in terms of quality decisions is so bizarrely off here. It's a good day when a patch just makes decent changes and doesn't break anything. If this was a free game being run by volunteers, I'd consider those kind of issues to be normal. But not from a premium game, premium service business. It's kind of nutty.
Now this rings of truth. It's not like I want to put them down either, I love the game and am happy to see when things are done right, well or at all. But the bar is so low at this point. Some of the staunch defenders of every move BW made back in the day are even gone and if you go look at their final few posts, you can see their frustration with many different decisions.. years ago.
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop

istvana
07.15.2019 , 04:30 PM | #13
Unless I missed it in the patch notes - unlikely - no double xp with this patch.
We will need to earn our levels the hard way - not that levels are hard to get in SWTOR under any circumstances.

HekaHeh
07.15.2019 , 10:51 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by istvana View Post
Unless I missed it in the patch notes - unlikely - no double xp with this patch.
We will need to earn our levels the hard way - not that levels are hard to get in SWTOR under any circumstances.
Agreed, but I was hoping for it in the wake of the expansion to be somewhat less painfully able to grind 4 chars to cxp level 300... guess I have to do it the hard way now (yeah yeah, I know, I don't HAVE TO do anything... )