Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any chance that crates will be addressed before 6.0??? They are boring and depressing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Any chance that crates will be addressed before 6.0??? They are boring and depressing
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OlBuzzard
05.22.2019 , 06:30 AM | #51
Ummmm
I really almost hesitate in posting this. Someone is going thermal for ceratin. I actually now have either 3 (maybe 4) active characters with at least one piece of 252 . One of them has two. I just started getting the command consistantly about a month ago due to a prolonged inactivity from SWTOR. (please see note below). Since I have returned I have managed to push like crazy to get all alts (save one JK Sentinel with Kira) to Ossus. I have been working Ossus like a coal miner daily.

252 gear does drop ! I'm personally glad to see the drop rate increase !

[/Ducks behind desk ... grabs new minotor and key board as well]
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Ardarell_Solo
05.22.2019 , 07:35 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthCasus View Post
https://imgur.com/a/LTbu212 is the screenshot I took after receiving my first and only after 5 months, 900+ tier 4 crates and it was on a character who didn't need it for any of her specs but was at GC rank 251. Earlier that night, someone freaked out in chat because a crystal dropped for them and we had to reassure them that they didn't exploit or break the game.
900+? Lucky you ;-)
ty for giving that info
El'ethon - Sentinel <Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> T3-M4

Ardarell_Solo
07.15.2019 , 02:22 AM | #53
They really had improved that - but since the last patch it seems to me the chage has been reverted again - no lockboxes or crystals since then, opening crates as depressing as described in OP again. Anyone else noticing this atm?

Padabiene
07.15.2019 , 02:31 AM | #54
No, seems the same to me. Several boxes and crystals on different toons.
What do we do, panic, freak? I usually panic but I'm happy to freak.

Ardarell_Solo
07.15.2019 , 03:21 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Padabiene View Post
No, seems the same to me. Several boxes and crystals on different toons.
Alrighty, congrats then and thanks for the info. Seems I'm just a bit unlucky then...

Lazzrd
07.15.2019 , 09:06 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
They really had improved that - but since the last patch it seems to me the chage has been reverted again - no lockboxes or crystals since then, opening crates as depressing as described in OP again. Anyone else noticing this atm?
Yes, I feel like it's been reverted back to the original percentage chance of 0. Nothing in about 200+ crates, few weeks prior they seemed to drop once per 50 or so crates.

Banthabreeder
07.15.2019 , 01:17 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Batwer View Post
From 0.0000001% to 0.0000005%?
Ba ha ha ha ha! LOL
“Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.”

IoNonSoEVero
07.15.2019 , 02:52 PM | #58
FWIW I have noticed an uptick myself. I didn't get a single crystal or artifact box in a crate from the time Ossus was released until the 5.10.3 update, but since then I think they've shown up as often as gold 248s. Which isn't to say all the time, but fairly regularly.

Nemmar
07.15.2019 , 04:38 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by svobu View Post
Hello Eric,

may I ask for a clarification of that statement? The 5.10 patch notes didn't mention, there is a chance for masterwork gear to drop, and I have never received a single item from tier 4 crates.

This is what's in the patchnotes:
  • Tier 3 and 4 Command Crates now have a rare chance to drop Masterwork Data Crystals.
  • Artifact Lockboxes which contain a single piece of item rating 252 gear can now drop out of Tier 3 and 4 Command Crates.

For the record, in the 5+ months since 5.10 release I have not recevied a single Masterwork Data Crystal from Tier 4 Command Crates and I've only gotten 2 pieces of 252 Artifact Lockboxes. Don't know the exact number, but by my estimates we are talking about more then 1000 crates opened in my case.

Thank you
Peter
This change to drop rates he is talking about only came in with the Dantooine patch. So, you can only count starting there if you are answering this thread.
I havent been playing much. I got a crystal the week the patch came out. But i have been playing mostly alts in preparation of the expansion so i haven't been opening many tier 4 crates. That was all i got since though.

FlatTax
07.16.2019 , 10:00 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

So, I have good news on that front. The drop rates of masterwork gear from Command Crates is going to be increasing in 5.10.3 next week. That gear will still be rare overall, but it will start dropping more often.

Thanks all.

-eric
Lol, just noticed this post. Of course Masterwork drops rates are going up; they want those drops to be desirable. 6.0 has those drops fed by two simultaneous, compounding, monetized consumables. We're being incentivized to accelerate those drops with cash.