Crime Lords Cartel Pack a waste of coins?

DarthWoad

I pay 13 bucks for my sub- I get 6 dollars worth of cartel coins a month. Means my sub is pretty much 7 bucks for full access to the game- why should I be entitled to even more cartel coins?

Good lord, the entitlement generation is out in full swing- you're now getting the exact same content you were before the game went f2p- PLUS 600 cartel coins to waste on gambling, PLUS there's actually people playing the game so you can stop whining about 3 hour queues.

Edited by fungihoujo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waste of coins? No way. The rare items I use or sell for lots of credits. The gear I get I use or sell for lots of credits. The XP boosts help level my alts faster. The random **** (ball toss, titles, banners) I either use or sell for (surprisingly) lots of credits. I hit 2 million credits in the first week of selling **** I didn't need from the cartel packs.

No way a waste. They are fluff and cosmetic items. We get free coins every month as subscribers. f2p players have to buy coins to unlock parts of the game. If they wanted the fluff and game unlocks, think of all the credits they would need to buy the stuff from the gtn or from the cartel market. Ghe system right now is fine and I actually think its working pretty good.

LOL!

Yes, huge waste. Why? All the stuff that you're probably going to get is already on the GTN for 20-50K credits, the market is flooded. The rare stuff is there for a couple million, which is probably how many dollars you're going to spend on cartel coins trying to get one out of a pack any way.

Use your coins for the things that you are sure of what you're getting (and and can't get on the market).

I used mine to give all my toons the ability to ride level 3 speeders, because I refused to pay the amount of credits they extort out of you to train the skills. Think about it, you can pay about 400K credits to use a level 3 bike, or 40K credits + 450 coins per character... and I started with like 3K coins so we'll just call that "free". Next I bought them all a cartel market speeder for about 40 or 50K right off the GTN, rather than paying 150K - 200K from a vendor or for crafted one.

ALL Legacy perks are (in my opinion) much cheaper in cartel cash than they are in credits, and all of the items are super cheap on the GTN... for me that wasn't even a decision I had to think about.

And let's face it there's nothing in those packs that you need that you can't already get somewhere else. It's all about the pretty colors with the cartel market, non of it is "must have" stuff.

Edited by bahdasz

I pay 13 bucks for my sub- I get 6 dollars worth of cartel coins a month. Means my sub is pretty much 7 bucks for full access to the game- why should I be entitled to even more cartel coins?

Good lord, the entitlement generation is out in full swing- you're now getting the exact same content you were before the game went f2p- PLUS 600 cartel coins to waste on gambling, PLUS there's actually people playing the game so you can stop whining about 3 hour queues.

You must not understand the nature of the OP. He looooves to complain and does so about everything. It is at a point where you can't even take him seriously.

LOL!

Yes, huge waste. Why? All the stuff that you're probably going to get is already on the GTN for 20-50K credits, the market is flooded. The rare stuff is there for a couple million, which is probably how many dollars you're going to spend on cartel coins trying to get one out of a pack any way.

Use your coins for the things that you are sure of what you're getting (and and can't get on the market).

I used mine to give all my toons the ability to ride level 3 speeders, because I refused to pay the amount of credits they extort out of you to train the skills. Think about it, you can pay about 400K credits to use a level 3 bike, or 40K credits + 450 coins per character... and I started with like 3K coins so we'll just call that "free". Next I bought them all a cartel market speeder for about 40 or 50K right off the GTN, rather than paying 150K - 200K from a vendor or for crafted one.

ALL Legacy perks are (in my opinion) much cheaper in cartel cash than they are in credits, and all of the items are super cheap on the GTN... for me that wasn't even a decision I had to think about.

And let's face it there's nothing in those packs that you need that you can't already get somewhere else. It's all about the pretty colors with the cartel market, non of it is "must have" stuff.

This. ^

There are a couple of things in the Pack that I'd like - but since I can't be assured of getting them, I keep a lookout on the GTN. If they aren't available, or if the seller thinks the worth of the items is considerably more than it actually is, then I will do without. It IS that simple.

I've bought a couple of racial unlocks (as I am far too lazy to level a race/class combination that doesn't interest me just to make one that does), but that's really all I've seen that's unquestionably worth the CC outlay. Until they introduce CC-payable server transfers, I'm guessing my Cartel Coins will just continue to accumulate. Pity that they don't accrue interest. :p

Agreed people need to **** and be grateful the game even exists for them to slobber all over...

After putting up with your frustrating complaint posts/threads since well before launch, I can't help but feel some bit of smug satisfaction at your misfortune. You gambled and lost. Sorry you made that choice.

You're a lousy person. Hope you realise that.

If you're opening cartel packs you're doing it wrong. I sold them for over a million each. Of course now since undercutting is crazy they don't go for that anymore but on the flip side all the cool stuff is much cheaper.

I sold 13 packs for 1.1 million creds each. With the undercutting I was able to get a white crystal, throne, etc... For not even half of the creds I made from selling the packs.

It's a gamble alright. Also i guess bioware considers blue items rare, gotten 2 or 3 packs which only had blue items. Another thing that will make never to buy one again is that they include companion gifts which you can buy cheap on the gtn but consider them rare items. One more reason is the chance to get crafting mats which are also considered rare items, really bioware? No more packs for me.

If you're opening cartel packs you're doing it wrong. I sold them for over a million each. Of course now since undercutting is crazy they don't go for that anymore but on the flip side all the cool stuff is much cheaper.

I sold 13 packs for 1.1 million creds each. With the undercutting I was able to get a white crystal, throne, etc... For not even half of the creds I made from selling the packs.

You must be in the minority, I can't imagine anyone buying cartel packs for over a million credits a pop...that's just stupid. If they had those kind of credits to spend they could have just outright bought the valuable items i.e. the throne,mask,white crystal.

This is what kills me. You are getting free coins every month. Something they do not have to do as paying subscribers already have full access to the game. Also, each pack has something of worth in there. Just some think because they are not getting the rarest of items all the time that everything else is worthless. Suggestions would be to mail those "worthless XP boosts" to an alt character that maybe still leveling up. Another thing is to sell them on the GTN. I have to disagree with everyones greedy out look on not getting anything from the packs as those just want the rarest of items. IF they made it so the packs would drop the rarest of rare all the time, they wouldn't be rare at all.

I personally like the way it is set up. Regarding the stipend, I think the amount is also fair. No reason paying subscribers should be getting more yet. Only reason I can see, is if they scaled it to the version of the game you have purchased giving CE owners 1500 a month, DE owners 1000 while regular owners get 500. But then again, CE owners and such have already been given a boost leading up to F2P.

*Yes, I am a paying subscriber will continue to be so. Yes, I have a CE, was pre-ordered, was in CLOSED beta long before they started with beta weekends and was able to see many changes take place during Beta. ( No loading screens as example)

You must be in the minority, I can't imagine anyone buying cartel packs for over a million credits a pop...that's just stupid. If they had those kind of credits to spend they could have just outright bought the valuable items i.e. the throne,mask,white crystal.

Maybe. However there is the gambling aspect of it. Guy runs out of cartel coins but still wants packs and has a couple million creds which isn't enough for the throne there ya go. The packs have since fallen to 500k now due to undercutting though. :(. Fortunately I was the first on my server to sell the packs so I had a good run before everyone else caught on.

500 coins a month isn't even that bad, it's whatever.. What pissed me off was being a purchaser of a collectors edition and being consistently subscribed since launch meaning i've spent hundreds of dollars on swtor, and i got less than $20 worth of cartel coins.. *** is that? That's what really pissed me off the most. Rng is whatever, bioware has a weird obsession with it and i get it, but it's stupid that we get less than $20 worth of coins for all of the support we've given bioware in their fails.

^^this^^

We basically get $5 worth of cartel coins every month making our subscription really $10. Giving us 500 coins every week means they would loose money since they would be giving us $20 in cartel coins a month for a sub price of $15.

I personally have no problem if they give us enough to gamble a bit every month but not enough to make it possible to have the "house" pay for all of our bets. If someone is so obsessed with gambling that they NEED to spend more than their monthly stipend they should have to pay out of their own pocket. That's the point of the lockboxes anyway to get people addicted to gambling and spend their own money to feed their addiction once they've spent their monthly allowance.

I don't particularly want to defend anyone or the game developers, but i'm going to make this statement. No one is losing money on fictitious intangible product, you make something up that you can't touch but only use in a "virtual" world and sell it, it doesn't matter what it sells for it's ALL profit. People already pay for this in one way or another the only money they are losing is on hosting servers and that is THEIR fault for not making this what it should have been which was a CO-OP multi player/single player game. This is NOT an MMO this is a set story that has a bunch of repeatable missions for rare rewards at the end.

I am new to this so called MMO stuff but if this is an actual reflection of MMO what is the deal? Do people really enjoy repeating the same fights over and over just to get all the random loot drops and then wait for the next content expansion for the next set of repeatable missions? Frankly I expected this to release with a story and then build a game that continues with more stories. In fact with the legacy system in place it seems you can make content based on that. I know some of the flash point missions seem to have some story driven elements related to the main story, so then make up long convoluted story based missions with more option co-op areas with (better rewards for the co-op) and keep going. The only thing that makes these missions long after the story (and even during the story) is the lower gear quality takes you forever to beat a boss and even high gear quality takes for ever.

I can't say how bored I get waiting for timers to count down and click something again, it reminds me of a facebook game like castle age or mafia wars. After 3 minutes of the same stuff I seriously want to just die and move on, the fights last way to long because every new boss has to have a gimmick to learn how to exploit and dole out ever more hit points, seriously millions for hit points for bosses with PCs dolling out just a little bit at a time in comparison? Even the RAGE system is yet another ridiculous timer system in place, "beat this guy before the time runs out" or you pretty much just die.

Like I said I don't mean to enrage anyone i'm new to the MMO stuff, but I have to say if this game is losing money its because they chose to run this game from a server instead of from my computer. Its annoying that if internet is down I can't play a game I pay for, its bothersome that if a server is down I can't play a game I pay for (albeit there is alt servers but they don't house the same characters I might have been playing). Even if Cartel Packs were free how does that LOSE anyone money? Its game content and at that most of it is as many have said cosmetic content. Really the model should be limit free players to basic stuff and subscribers get to do unlimited things and that's it. Want to make money sell your game at a price MOST people can pay don't assume EVERYONE is going to spend 60 dollars on a game. And if you are doing an MMO subscription game, then drop the upfront game fee, the burden is on YOU the developer/publisher to put out quality product, so either do a reasonable price up front OR monthly fee, but not both. I would have subscribed sooner had this game not released at 60 dollars AND had a monthly fee with it. At that model if you want 60 bucks a person you better make damn sure you are keeping your subscribers interested for at least 6 months. I think people are doing what they are supposed to and showing game companies what the values of games are, they are just unwilling to follow the proper rules and adjust to it, they just want to force everyone to pay 60+ per title being nearly oblivious or deluded into thinking it MUST be worth that instead of going by what the public has demonstrated which I think the broader customer base is set around 40 - 50 per title, I know I personally bought more games around 30 - 40 often waiting for price to fall but now misguided corporate people don't even want the price to fall. If you want to squeeze more money out of people who don't care how much money they spend (IE have more money than they know what to do with) then sure sell them collector deluxe edition with special in game content us poor people won't get access to, cosmetic features or cool weapons that are NEEDED to play the game but make it cooler to look at or easier to progress through. But i'm sure there are opinions out there drastically different than mine.

And I miss mechanics of the RPG KotOR I & II, if you managed your attacks or consumables poorly you lost your fight, but fights did not go on for 30 minutes although I have seen some long battles in the RPG realm.

That is what I'm doing. I'm not adverse to it but I don't see anything that would complement the look I'm going for.

The few neat things that are there, quite frankly the fact that someone can drop a few bucks and attain them is bothersome to me. I like RARE and UNIQUE.

Like the space station, full of people floating around on meditation chairs.

- Arcada

YES ,ABSOLUTELY WASTE OF COINS, a sort of cheating.. I bought one and it was rubbish, full of craps.. I think it's a cheating.

Let see what was inside:

* a food buff you can buy it every cantina for pennies,

* ten bloody orange crystal.. worthless..

* some cash about 55.000 credit.. you can collect it within a couple hours of questing, just for bonus..

* 25% XP buff for an hour.. gee man it's not worth 5 dollars..

* a pet, a low atmosphere mini probe.. you can buy it in AH 2-3000 credit, worthless as well.

IS THAT THE RARE, THE SPECIAL??

Yes I feel I have been cheated, I have been robbed!

Probably there's no way for reclamation, but you know I spent money - I know not a big money - because I trusted, I hoped I get some extra. But IT'S NOTHING, It isn't micro business model, it's simply THEFT.

THAT WAS THE FIRST AND LAST TIME TO BUYING CARTEL COINS..

'm very disappointed..

I agree about subbers getting a boost as we are the ones who pay each month. Like the other poster some who like me have been since launch. I got 2900 CC at launch of F2P and blew them on the lotto packs and got crap. I have all level 50 toons so alot of it was pointless. I wanted a Kowakian monkey Lizzard but was unlucky. I have to wait until the month rolls over for another chance at MAYBE getting something my toons need or a rare pet.

Well i guess us subbers will just have to think hard about weather its still worth it now that F2P players get 4 quickbars and 4 toon slots now.

I spent $39 last night and spent it all on packs. I got about 6 repeats of the same speeder. 4 of another speeder. Lots of crafting material that means diddly squat to me and it pretty much given away on the GTN. Scrolls which might be semi-usefull to an alt. Everything else was redundant except for one pink crystal out of the whole mess.The fluff items that should be entertaining end up more annyoing with them taking up inventory space. Ended up deleting them if hey coudln't be learned.

I realize you shouldn't get the expensive rare stuff often but as it is now most of the rewards are totally worthless for lvl 50's and/or people that have been playing for a good while. I mean I just spent $40 not counting the freebie ones I got and I'm disatisfied to the point that I'll probably never do it again. The repeats and general uselessness of 98% of the items makes me feel like I could have pulled two twenties out of my wallet and set them on fire.

At the very least you need a type of currency or something that comes with EVERY single pack that can be saved up to use on a vendor that sells very nice exclusive things. Or maybe come with high-end PvP and PvE commendations that already exist. As it is now it's entirely too probable for people to get turned off from this crapshoot and that's a very bad thing considering the cartel bags could be a serious money earner. As it is now you got someone willing to spend extra on top of a sub but won't because I can get something way more fullfilling to spend my money on other than feeling like I'm playing Powerball where you typically just have a scrap of paper to show if you lose.