Thanks for the Classic Gear in Mail BW

Rafaman

I logged in this morning and found mail from BW giving me "Classic" gear. It seems that the fan outcry over gear was heard loud and clear because I now have two sets of Trailblazer gear. As one who had no issues with the first set, I now find myself the beneficiary for another set of classic gear which I've already sold for profit.

So... thanks BW! You presumably solved an issue important to some and as for the rest of us... well, we were taken care of as well.

Edited by Rafaman

I logged in this morning and found mail from BW giving me "Classic" gear. It seems that the fan outcry over gear was heard load and clear because I now how to sets of Trailblazer gear. As one had no issues with the first set, I now find myself the beneficiary for another set of classic gear which I've already sold for profit.

So... thanks BW! You presumably solved an issue important to some and as for the rest of us... well, we were taken care of as well.

Yep, they announced they would do that. :)

Yes! Thank you BW for the gear. It's pretty cool to see you guys are correcting some of the issues with cartel items having been changed. I got replacements to sets of gear on multiple toons. So you guys put some thought behind this change it appears.

Good Job and Kudos to the entire team. :D

Now.. Please see other threads on fixing GTN 3 Character mess up. LOL

Edited by dscount

I logged in this morning and found mail from BW giving me "Classic" gear. It seems that the fan outcry over gear was heard load and clear because I now how to sets of Trailblazer gear. As one had no issues with the first set, I now find myself the beneficiary for another set of classic gear which I've already sold for profit.

I don't know which profit you're talking about, but I bought all 4 Phantom Chestguards I've found on GTN for less then 200k. We'll see in a week or so if I made a good deal. Until then, I'm happy seeing my characters not looking like "Black Robin Hood" :)

I don't know which profit you're talking about, but I bought all 4 Phantom Chestguards I've found on GTN for less then 200k. We'll see in a week or so if I made a good deal. Until then, I'm happy seeing my characters not looking like "Black Robin Hood" :)

Well... I'm almost ashamed to say I made almost 1 mil this morning in gear selling a few different pieces of "classic" gear. I sold it mainly because I like the look of the gear I already have.

But really, it isn't about that. I appreciate the fact that BW came up with a plan to fix this and executed it including all who could be possibly impacted.

Nicely done BW. Thanks again.

What's the requirement for this gear? As I have currently recieved no such thing on any of my 50's.

You got a classic piece of gear in the mail if you already owned the current version. For example, if you had the Phantom Chestguard you recieved the Classic Phantom Chestguard in the mail.

This was done because of this mess...http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583086

I am sad. I want the new Trailblazer jacket model back.

What do you mean? If you had the New Trailblazer model you should still have it, but now you also have the Classic version? What's the problem? You can keep your New version and sell the Classic if you want. It's win win.

I think this was a great way to please both sides of the Old vs New argument and it stimulated the GTN to boot.

Kudos, BioWare!

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

I logged in this morning and found mail from BW giving me "Classic" gear. It seems that the fan outcry over gear was heard loud and clear because I now have two sets of Trailblazer gear. As one who had no issues with the first set, I now find myself the beneficiary for another set of classic gear which I've already sold for profit.

I posted in another thread because I didn't spot this one, but I also thank them for their choice to make good for those of us who bought the original styles.

Not only is it highly appreciated, but it gives me a lot of hope for how they'll handle these issues in the future.

I put mine up on the GTN simply because I liked the version I already had and have no need for the classic pieces I was sent. Might as well let someone else use it if they like it...and get some credits in return! :)

Yup. Same here. I noticed the prices went down significantly over night though. Lol! Guess I sold mine at the right time.

I am sad. I want the new Trailblazer jacket model back.

It's still in the packs (crime lord's was it?) and still on the GTN, they just put the "classic" look in the new packs and anyone that had the new versions equipped, on a companion, or in their inventory or cargo hold, got a free classic version of the piece, wish I'd been able to snag some phantom chests but have a bunch of trailblazer lol.

Yeah, pretty awesome. Bought some trailblazer from the GTN, but decided against it after a while and decided to sell it, luckily it didn't sell yet so I had a pleasant surprise when I logged on and found a second one; the other gets to an alt. Really nice. :)