Was the emperor in the book "Revan" the actual emperor or just another avatar

brodymac

i think it is the real emperor. going by what happened to scrouge he touched the emperor, i would say that reaction couldn't be created by an avatar.

"revan" the book was 300 years before SWTOR the game. we don't really know why the emperor uses avatars (at least i don't know why, maybe i missed something in the sith warrior story). maybe he lost his body in the 300 year gap between book and game. maybe something will be written to explain this. if it is then we could have a real answer to your question but atm its all just guess work

i think it is the real emperor. going by what happened to scrouge he touched the emperor, i would say that reaction couldn't be created by an avatar.

"revan" the book was 300 years before SWTOR the game. we don't really know why the emperor uses avatars (at least i don't know why, maybe i missed something in the sith warrior story). maybe he lost his body in the 300 year gap between book and game. maybe something will be written to explain this. if it is then we could have a real answer to your question but atm its all just guess work

Because he can't be everywhere at once. Vitiate's strongest known force power by far is mind control. Why not have the hand and his voice all over the galaxy while he hides away in his fragile shell away from danger?

Is it sure that he still has a real body?

Maybe his original body just died somewhat after the ritual that made him "immortal" and since then he jumps from voice to voice. Then it would be just another voice in the Revan book.

I always thought it was the real one, but maybe not.

Speaking of which....if I understand correctly, the TOR emperor is just another voice, and NOT the same one Revan fought. So does that blow a hole in Scourge's force premonition?

It cannot have been or their is a massive plot whole.

The Jedi Knight kills the Emperor body, that Lord Scourge believes is the real Emperor body. Yet in the Sith Warrior after story it is reveled that the body the Jedi Knight killed was not the real body, just the most important/uesd/powerful puppet one.

If the the one in the Revan book was different one to the one the Jedi Knight killed, Scourge would have said so. And the Jedi would still be hunting the Emperors real body, rather than living in their false belief they have defeated him.

It cannot have been or their is a massive plot whole.

The Jedi Knight kills the Emperor body, that Lord Scourge believes is the real Emperor body. Yet in the Sith Warrior after story it is reveled that the body the Jedi Knight killed was not the real body, just the most important/uesd/powerful puppet one.

If the the one in the Revan book was different one to the one the Jedi Knight killed, Scourge would have said so. And the Jedi would still be hunting the Emperors real body, rather than living in their false belief they have defeated him.

At the end of the Sith Warrior questline, you get an ingame mail that tells you the Emperor is still alive, but only barely. Somehow he survived the ceiling dropping on him, probably by jumping into another body.

Hmm... Wait. Was it described what the Emperor's face looked like in Revan? Perhaps it was his voice wearing a mask, or him wearing a mask, and when the Jedi Knight faced off against The Voice Scourge just didn't notice the difference?

At the end of the Sith Warrior questline, you get an ingame mail that tells you the Emperor is still alive, but only barely. Somehow he survived the ceiling dropping on him, probably by jumping into another body.

It was the new Emperor's Voice that was killed, and the backlash from the Voice's unexpected death put Vitiate on his back recovering.

I hate to be the voice of reason ( I am a crazy SI after all) but here's the thing, at the end of JK Act 3 Lord Scourge isn't in the temple with you, he only speaks to you via holocommunicator! He says either "I didn't feel him die" (light) or "I can feel him dying" (dark). Given the angle you hold the holocommunicator at, SCOURGE CAN'T SEE THE EMPEROR!

In "Revan" the book describes the Emperor as having "black" eyes. When he gets angry they flash red. As in, his eyes are not like other Sith! The Voice we see at the end of Act III? Same eyes as any other Dark Sider.

So to me, it was obvious that the black masked Emperor from the end of Act 2 is the real Emperor. That the one you kill at the end of Act III is just another voice. I imagine that if Scourge saw the person you'd just cut down he would say "Damn it to Chaos! That's just his Voice!"

Hmm... Wait. Was it described what the Emperor's face looked like in Revan? Perhaps it was his voice wearing a mask, or him wearing a mask, and when the Jedi Knight faced off against The Voice Scourge just didn't notice the difference?

There's not really a description of his face per se, just his eyes. He is not wearing any sort of mask in the novel.