May 4th is Star Wars Day

Hotbox

According to Lucasarts, May 4th is Star Wars Day.

Will SWTOR and BW be doing anything to celebrate it?

Let's hope so!

Yeah! Lets attack Korriban to celebrate! :D LOL. Will Bioware release some special stuff or event to celebrate May 4th?

Yeah! Lets attack Korriban to celebrate! :D LOL. Will Bioware release some special stuff or event to celebrate May 4th?

eh... i'm kinda hoping they're too busy working on fixing some real issues... if that "special stuff" means bug fixes or "event" means class balancing (or healing mechanics reversion to pre-1.2), then i'm all for it, but more fluff should be at the bottom of Bioware's priorities right now

Looks like the only thing they are doing to celebrate it is give a discount when buying the game.

Which is good. They are more focused on fixing stuff and making real content instead of making "for teh lulz" events.

Its only once a year... I for one, logged in expecting some kind of mini-event, pet or title... I understand the whole "let them work on bugs" ideology but lets be real: they have entire departments devoted to in game events. Not like creating an event would pull people off bug fixing lol

Maybe they have something up their sleeve for later... which will suck because i'll be at work.

If there isn't any kind of celebration planned then all I can say is: "You guys are the only game IN THE WORLD that have your own (sorta) holiday! How can you not make it a cause for players to want to log in and see what you did to celebrate it?!?!"

That is all...

I'm watching the original unmastered version of Star Wars IV.

May the 4th be with you, always!

ESB was better, catching that tonight.

Edited by Hotbox

According to Lucasarts, May 4th is Star Wars Day.

Will SWTOR and BW be doing anything to celebrate it?

Let's hope so!

Actually Lucasfilm does not acknowledge this day. They DO celebrate "Star Wars Day" on May 25th when the original Star Wars was released in 1977. This is the 35th anniversary so if anything is to be done, it will be then.