Thanks Clone Wars

kirorx

Some people loved the clone wars, others hated it for all its retcons.

Nevertheless the clone wars did alot IMO for a certain character

Darth Vader, well Anakin Skywalker to be exact

I was pretty much over Darth Vader when Movie Anakin was the only real backstory I had, but the clonewars Anakin did an aweful lot of being aweosme and not being very whiney. His character was heroic and charasmatic and we got to see a dark side of Anakin on occassion which was much better than hero turned child killer in like one scene.

Now when I see Vader boarding the Tantive, I can think that guy was a pretty awesome jedi.

Love these series, love all of them, it''s shown again how MR George Lucas and his animation team are incredible and capable, a masterpiece work, now my eyes are on Rebels series, can't wait...

I also looking forward to the rebels. I only wish I had more self control to have spaced ou the last clone wars episodes, instead I just watched them all immediately lol

I also looking forward to the rebels. I only wish I had more self control to have spaced ou the last clone wars episodes, instead I just watched them all immediately lol

The extent of my self-control was to start my binge-watch from the beginning of the series since I haven't seen it in a while, rather than jumping right to the newest episodes :p

The Clone Wars was great. Excellent stories and it redeemed the character of Anakin Skywalker. Still, with it's cancellation some questions are left unanswered. The biggest ones I want answers to are the fates of Asajj Ventress, Ahsoka Tano and Barriss Offee. Sadly we will never see these stories resolved in animation form, but most likely the same way they are closing the Maul story...with comics.

I was pretty much over Darth Vader when Movie Anakin was the only real backstory I had, but the clonewars Anakin did an aweful lot of being aweosme and not being very whiney. His character was heroic and charasmatic and we got to see a dark side of Anakin on occassion which was much better than hero turned child killer in like one scene.

Now when I see Vader boarding the Tantive, I can think that guy was a pretty awesome jedi.

Thing is, lots of other media about Anakin did the same job. Hell, just read the Revenge of the Sith novel; the entire first part does a great job of showcasing the Hero With No Fear.

And those other media generally didn't make such a hash of the canon as TCW did.

With that said, what with BioWare Star Wars games, TCW, and Episode VII, I've mostly lost my enthusiasm for the Star Wars canon, so I don't really care that much about how it keeps getting rewritten for no obvious reason. And I can appreciate that lots of people do like TCW and think the stories are interesting. Any show with Ahsoka and Cad Bane can't be all bad.

So yeah. Yay TCW. :)

What major retcons did the Clone Wars cause?

There were a few retcons, but the one everyone hates is the Ventress one. I am of the few that think the Clone Wars one explains things in a more logical way. Anyway, Ventress is a Rattatak. So, in the comics they made her homeworld and story take place there. It was okay, but the issue was who trained her as a sith. Also, the arena from the Clone Wars mini show is on Rattatak. It would be weird if she lived right next door. In the Clone Wars, she is from Rattatak, but gets taken away for Jedi training. That answers two of my problems right there. Then, she goes with the nightsisters (who use the dark side). The Clone Wars version is better in my opinion.

Some people loved the clone wars, others hated it for all its retcons.

Yeah, the TCW did an amazing job at fleshing out the person who he was before becoming Darth Vader. :D

They make it hard not to feel sympathy for him.