Malavai, My Manly Mate Mutilated My Mojo...

Tadshackles

A love letter to the handsomest agent in all the galaxy. A story of a jilted lover.

Dearest Malavai,:(:wea_03:

When you revealed to me your true master, you broke my sith heart, this is true. It was not until that moment that I knew I still had a soul and you killed it. Deep down I knew you were disappointed whenever I would show disobedience to our former master...

It must have been love, why else would I have blinded myself to your true allegiance when it was all but obvious? Really it makes me wonder if you ever felt anything for me. We went through so much together, so many chances you had to vanish from combat and let me parish but you always stood stoically by my side. All the gifts I gave you, all the personal conversations we shared. All the private moments I spent longing into your beautiful eyes as you peered back into my Sith stricken face wherein you must have seen more than a violent homicidal maniac bent on destruction and murder...

Either deep down you loved me and your duty is what forced you to betray me or you are twice the sith I am and perfectly acted it all out merely to destroy me... Or attempt to. Malavai, I was reluctant to let you back on my ship, back into my crew, back into my mission and back into my heart but it felt like some force beyond even me, the Wrath of the Emperor, was controlling the outcome of the situation. I felt like no matter what I wanted to say, my only options let you back in. Maybe its love, Malavai, maybe its love that controls the things we do. With Baras dead and our future unsure I am glad to have you back in my life but I wonder if I will ever be able to forgive you for what you have done, I wear your ring still only because in my rage I could neither kill you nor find the imperial divorce lawyers office, I heard its on Drommund Kaas but Nobody seems to know where...

I know what your affection for me is, almost like it is typed out over your head... If only there were gifts you could give me to mend my heart. Regardless, whenever we are flyig through the galaxy and I see you looking at me in my peripheral vision I wonder if you are regretting your choice of former allegiance or if you are plotting against me... Whatever your intentions, dear sweet Malavai, you must know that no matter what the decision wheel shows should you betray me again, I will f****ing kill you. I will bleed you out in the center of Kaas City so all the world will know that no matter how much I care about someone, they will pay for betrayal in blood! Until I see you again, dear Malavai... Until I see you again.

Your Wife, Meri.

:(:wea_03:

I was good about not spoiling the story for myself so IF YOU ARE LEVELING A SITH WARRIOR THERE ARE SPOILERS INSIDE **WARNING** The hidden, is a letter I wanted to write to Malavai after the events at the end of act III.

Edited by Tadshackles

Interesting.....

I appear to really be the only one who either A) expected this to happen from the start, and B) actually liked Quinn a bit more after it happened.

Honestly, no joke, I actually felt this was a really good, and really powerful, turn in his character development. my SW wanted to hand him a light saber and say "Your training begins now!".

It's so weird that i'm the only one who is not put off by this....o_O

Perhaps I'm seeing this from a different angle, and different alignment tilt. Hmmm...let me ask you this...Is your Sith Warrior Light side?

Interesting.....

I appear to really be the only one who either A) expected this to happen from the start, and B) actually liked Quinn a bit more after it happened.

Honestly, no joke, I actually felt this was a really good, and really powerful, turn in his character development. my SW wanted to hand him a light saber and say "Your training begins now!".

It's so weird that i'm the only one who is not put off by this....o_O

Perhaps I'm seeing this from a different angle, and different alignment tilt. Hmmm...let me ask you this...Is your Sith Warrior Light side?

You bring up a great point and as a dark side sith I should have

not only seen this coming but expected it. However, For him to betray me WITH BARAS... Pissed me off, I hated Baras from the moment I met him. Fat azzhat that he is. I chose every response in the book to be rude to him and could not wait til the day I would be able to take him down. And being an immortal juggernaut Malavai has been my ONLY companion since I got him, it was just like "*** really dude, WE'RE MARRIED!!!

but good point.

You bring up a great point and as a dark side sith I should have

not only seen this coming but expected it. However, For him to betray me WITH BARAS... Pissed me off, I hated Baras from the moment I met him. Fat azzhat that he is. I chose every response in the book to be rude to him and could not wait til the day I would be able to take him down. And being an immortal juggernaut Malavai has been my ONLY companion since I got him, it was just like "*** really dude, WE'RE MARRIED!!!

but good point.

Interesting....

I hated Darth Cartman as well, but I played along with him. Showering that old Sith with gratitude and lies. I knew the day would come when I'd be able to take him out.

However.

The moment that Quinn bowed before my sith, and offered his services to me on Balmoraa, I was also watching for the day when he would turn on me too.

Sadly my male SW can't marry Quinn, but even if he could, I'd consider the act to be almost commendable. It seems weird to say it, I know, but to me it took big brass ones to attempt to take out a man that he knew, was nearly unstoppable....and if the story permits my Sith has plans for that kind of talent.

In the end....we are Sith, we have to expect betrayal at ever corner, and every moment of our lives.

I love how Bioware wrote these stories, and how so many players have different experiences, and interpretations, of the events and surprises that they hold along the way.

My problem with the whole situation is not so much that he betrays you even if you're married, but the fact that you can't currently do anything about it. He just continues to ride along on your ship as if nothing ever happened. And many players, especially tanks, need to use their healer companion, so you're forced to continue taking this traitor along with you. He just tried to kill you, and you're forced to continue putting your life in his hands. This makes me so very, very angry. Sith may expect betrayal from those around them, but when said betrayal fails there's usually consequences. The traitor gets killed, or at the very least punished. Instead it's "Huh. Well you suck. Ok, let's get back to work."

I am helping a friend level her SW, and we are nearly to this point.

(I spoiled it for myself, but haven't told her anything about it.) I am really interested to see how she reacts when it happens. Her SW loves him, but doesn't trust him much at all, because she knows that he is hot for Baras and always has been.

My problem with the whole situation is not so much that he betrays you even if you're married, but the fact that you can't currently do anything about it. He just continues to ride along on your ship as if nothing ever happened. And many players, especially tanks, need to use their healer companion, so you're forced to continue taking this traitor along with you. He just tried to kill you, and you're forced to continue putting your life in his hands. This makes me so very, very angry. Sith may expect betrayal from those around them, but when said betrayal fails there's usually consequences. The traitor gets killed, or at the very least punished. Instead it's "Huh. Well you suck. Ok, let's get back to work."

Interesting point but....

I think some of us would want him to sick around, and some would want him gone. I personally ,would hate it, if he had to go, and I had no option to keep him around at all.

Perhaps we will be able to choose our consequences, in chapter four?

I wonder whats in store for those of us who chose "You're still useful to me." *ponders*

For now the only weak option we have to get some (very little) satisfaction is if your SW pureblood and hence can use emote /punish . BW should at least give that emote to every SW as a reward at the end of the story. Would be at least remotely fair.

We did this bit last night. It was kind of disappointing?

When she told him she thought his feelings for her were real he was all, "yeah, but you know, Baras, and I loves him, and well, I didn't want to do this but he forced my hand," with no explanation as to how, or why he was choosing Baras over her (aside for his being as hot for Baras as he was for her, I mean). Also, he didn't seem upset about it at all - it would have been much more convincing had they added some glinty teary-eyed stuff to the close ups of him during both the before and after conversations, or if there had been some kind of noticeable catch or tremor in his voice. I mean, he's been ordered to kill his lover, he should be at least a little bothered by it (even if it was a planned for eventuality).

The after conversation was especially bad - I understand not letting you kill him (since they don't let you kill any of your companions), but you just take him back with essentially no questions asked? And then he has the gall to ask you not to tell the rest of the crew what happened? And there was no, "Yeah, I am going to to call a ship meeting as soon as we get back and tell all of them exactly what you did so that they can watch your every move because you are a lying, traitorous, idiot, who will probably end up summarily executed by Baras if I let you out of my sight and for some reason I would rather that not happen at the moment," option? Instead there is an, "If I tell them they won't listen to you anymore, so I will keep my mouth shut," option.

She was really upset about it - not the betrayal, because she more or less expected something along those lines, but because the conversations were done poorly. She didn't force choke him because she didn't want to give him the satisfaction of her lashing out at him (and because we were pretty sure he would have at least partially enjoyed it (he seemed to really have enjoyed himself when she let the lady on Voss use him as her sacrifice)). Once she was back on her ship, though, she almost immediately wished she had, because there he was, just hanging out suffering no noticeable consequences for having betrayed her.

My Warrior anticipated Quinn's ties to Barras, expected some sort of manipulation on Baras' part, and so wasn't overly bothered when everything played out as she'd expected. Barras, after all, was a master at manipulation, a true genius at getting people to do exactly and precisely as he wanted them to, even a force-driven control of sorts, perhaps. She was far more enraged over Barras using Quinn in such a capacity, than she was over anything in regards Quinn himself. Honestly, she regarded it as a natural weakness of a non-Sith, that he'd been unable to resist Barras, shrug.