Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cannot buy ranked gear, even when I have all the prerequisites ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Cannot buy ranked gear, even when I have all the prerequisites ?

FinalArbiter
07.19.2014 , 04:36 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by prodigyqnz View Post
Here is a tip. Learn 2 play. I am not trolling it is a serious statement.. You can buy Mods and enhancements seperately from the PVP vendor without having to buy obroan, and brutalizer stuff that you aren.t gonna use.
This....There is an enhancement vendor in the middle of each set of pvp vendors.

JAMES_PRYDE
07.20.2014 , 04:37 AM | #12
This is what I am going on

http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pvp/sith.../stat-priority

Expertise > Willpower >= Accuracy (105%) > Power > Surge (70%) > Crit (25%) > Alacrity

since they do not put Accuracy and Power enhancements in sorcerer DPS gear, I have had to go and get them from the marauder's armor...

and the problem is, I have bought challenger's leg piece and even with that and the right ammount of comms i still cannot by the ranked version of it...it says "I have reach the max of ranked comms" which I have not ?
The Return of Darth Zash is at hand ! Be sure to check out my Facebook Lord Zash Cloning Program page too for some good laughs
---For (SWTOR) Clan Jade Falcon: Click here:---

JAMES_PRYDE
07.20.2014 , 04:39 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by FinalArbiter View Post
This....There is an enhancement vendor in the middle of each set of pvp vendors.
Doh, I must be so blonde, I have never seen him there, he is hidden way thanks for that !
The Return of Darth Zash is at hand ! Be sure to check out my Facebook Lord Zash Cloning Program page too for some good laughs
---For (SWTOR) Clan Jade Falcon: Click here:---

prodigyqnz
07.20.2014 , 09:30 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JAMES_PRYDE View Post

Expertise > Willpower >= Accuracy (105%) > Power > Surge (70%) > Crit (25%) > Alacrity

since they do not put Accuracy and Power enhancements in sorcerer DPS gear, I have had to go and get them from the marauder's armor...

and the problem is, I have bought challenger's leg piece and even with that and the right ammount of comms i still cannot by the ranked version of it...it says "I have reach the max of ranked comms" which I have not ?
I personally find this information to be inaccurate. 100% is 100%... especially in terms of computer programming. The increased bonus does not making you more likely to hit because 100% is 100%.. Any increases that you ever add to accuracy is only to offset any accuracy debuff you may incur during the course of your battle. Players defenses are what they are.. But if you have 100% chance to hit you will hit 100% of the time, unless that % is lowered beyond 100% or.. There is an overriding defensive cool down that gives them increased chance to dodge/parry/shield/defend which are ineffective vs force/tech attacks. Accuracy is only for, and should only be used by Classes that have melee/ranged attacks (not based at 100%) which sorcerers and sages do not.
If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are.. a different game you should play... --Yoda
Prophecy | Pröphet | Profit | Professìonal etc... 20x55's and bored...
(used to be)The Fatman

Raansu
07.20.2014 , 09:43 AM | #15

Noxxic is a terrible website, never use it. With that said, go to the pvp area and look at the npc standing in the middle by the wall in between the two pvp vendor counters. They sell the enhancements individually. You don't need to be wasting comms on gear pieces when you can just buy the enhancement itself.

Back in the day your method was the only way to do it, but that is no longer an issue.

Joesixxpack
07.21.2014 , 08:19 AM | #16
I suggest checking out the class forums if you're looking for guides. Noxxic is generally bad, and despite showing that their guides stay up to date are likely to show you info. that looks outdated and for some other AC.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

Zunayson
07.21.2014 , 08:42 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by prodigyqnz View Post
I personally find this information to be inaccurate. 100% is 100%... especially in terms of computer programming. The increased bonus does not making you more likely to hit because 100% is 100%.. Any increases that you ever add to accuracy is only to offset any accuracy debuff you may incur during the course of your battle. Players defenses are what they are.. But if you have 100% chance to hit you will hit 100% of the time, unless that % is lowered beyond 100% or.. There is an overriding defensive cool down that gives them increased chance to dodge/parry/shield/defend which are ineffective vs force/tech attacks. Accuracy is only for, and should only be used by Classes that have melee/ranged attacks (not based at 100%) which sorcerers and sages do not.
You're correct about Force/Tech attacks not requiring accuracy in PvP.

---------
(to nobody in particular)

Some common misconceptions about Accuracy: There's no such thing as Force Accuracy and Melee Accuracy. It's Basic accuracy and Special Accuracy. Basic Accuracy is by default 90% and is ONLY used by auto attack. All other attacks by all classes are Special attacks, and receive a 100% chance to hit. Why, then, do white attacks miss sometimes, but yellows don't miss on players or trash mobs?

While HIT CHANCE (Accuracy) is not based on Attack Type (Force/Tech/Ranged/Melee), DEFENSE CHANCE (Dodge/Parry/Deflect/Resist) is. So all attacks barring the basic auto attack are 100% accurate, they are lowered to 95% if they are white if the target has 5% dodge (Which they do, by default). Inquisitors actually have 10% parry/deflect, so white attacks would have 90% accuracy.

Since nobody has innate RESIST chance, all yellow attacks (which obviously means an attack in question that is yellow CANNOT be the basic attack) have 100% accuracy, and are lowered by the innate 0% resist that players get, so yellow attacks will still always hit.

There's still one word I haven't mentioned, a word you occasionally see instead of numbers when destroying kids, and that is Miss. Normally when an attack is defended against, you see deflect/dodge/parry/resist. A Miss occurs sometimes, as well. Astute players would notice that under normal circumstances, you only see Miss with one's default auto attack. This is because the attack doesn't have 100% accuracy... it has 90% accuracy... further lowered by 5%

I've never had any attack other than my basic attack Miss, save for when I was obfuscated, or Diversion'd.

At least, the above is what I've got from multiple experienced players who would be considered authorities about mechanics.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

chillshock
07.21.2014 , 09:22 AM | #18
I never quite got why there is anything but power surge on pvp gear.
IF anyone SHOULD for any reason want some Accuracy... then he/she can always get some mods... but WHO (except tanks, okok) does that? I mean really? In case of doubt:

expertise > pri stat > power > surge > crit ... blabla.

That's what I would call a basic to build on. Not this whole "on the carnage mara set: crit rating!" yey! To confuse non-theory-crafters?

Bad itemization this far into a game is sad. Especially when it's moddable gear and the state of the equip is just bad for uninformed. It's not like there are plenty of confused people in sw... what? where? ooooh... a cookie! *grunch* tastes like telephone!