Implementation of sitting on ALL chairs

Remedist

I am aware that this topic has come up on other threads but since its a major issue for me and I am sure, others as well, I would like to include it as a suggestion.

It would mean so much if I was able to sit at my desk in my ship, or on the couches in the lounge area of my ship and anywhere else on my ship for that matter and be able to lie down on beds and sit on a bar stool as I have a drink in the cantina. So yeah I would like to suggest adding this little feature into the game so that us players actually feel like we are living in a realistic environment where our characters can do all the little things that they could do in real life within reason. I'm sure this falls under the within reason category.

I'm pretty confident this basic feature like walking and running or jumping will be included by the next expansion pack. I mean seriously how ridiculous would it be, if they released a paid expansion and we still can't sit down? They just don't want to brag about it, because you know it's kind of embarrassing. Great game though, just still needs some polishing.

• 3 weeks later...
I am aware that this topic has come up on other threads but since its a major issue for me and I am sure, others as well, I would like to include it as a suggestion.

It would mean so much if I was able to sit at my desk in my ship, or on the couches in the lounge area of my ship and anywhere else on my ship for that matter and be able to lie down on beds and sit on a bar stool as I have a drink in the cantina. So yeah I would like to suggest adding this little feature into the game so that us players actually feel like we are living in a realistic environment where our characters can do all the little things that they could do in real life within reason. I'm sure this falls under the within reason category.

yes please!

This is your big issue? Not the many bugs ( some of which could kill the class storyline)?

But my real question is: Why would you want to sit down at the cantina? Honestly what would you do there? Just sit there and stare at your character sitting there? This sounds like so much fun I can hardly contain my enthusiasm.

This is your big issue? Not the many bugs ( some of which could kill the class storyline)?

But my real question is: Why would you want to sit down at the cantina? Honestly what would you do there? Just sit there and stare at your character sitting there? This sounds like so much fun I can hardly contain my enthusiasm.

Well it would only be an issue to people who had an active imagination and a sense of role play. Having said that I do not judge you or blame you for your lack of the same. :rak_03:

• 4 weeks later...
I'm pretty confident this basic feature like walking and running or jumping will be included by the next expansion pack. I mean seriously how ridiculous would it be, if they released a paid expansion and we still can't sit down? They just don't want to brag about it, because you know it's kind of embarrassing. Great game though, just still needs some polishing.

Yeah i was the ******* that said that. Still no sitting.

• 1 year later...

They could have fixed this issue with the SH's expansion, but they don't care to. It looks really ridiculous when my guild (an RP guild) has a guild meeting on our flag ship or in our private cantina in our HQ and everyone using the /chair command is sitting in the air his/her chair.

This issue has been addressed by the community (especially the RP community) from day one and nothing in all this time has been done about it. For Christ sake fix the chairs and make it a cartel market unlock, I will gladly pay for the damn thing!!!!!!!!!

It's actually quite ridiculous, that they released the Strongholds expansion much later than planned, and didn't even include sitting on couches, chairs, and everything else... when the sneak-peek videos SHOWED people sitting on the couch. There's the /chair command which makes your character sit in place, but this is not even close to the real thing since not all furniture is walk-through. I mean seriously, the ships already HAD sittable chairs near the exit door (possibly only in the Trooper ship) so how could it have been a challenge for them to just pop the sitting feature into the expansion?

Clearly they haven't become a master of their own code so one can only imagine how badly engineered it was to start with, and how little time they've been given to clean up whatever mess remains from previous teams that worked on it. In any case, if they ever do put sitting on all chairs (in ships, on Fleet, in Strongholds, in all cantinas on all planets, etc etc) into the game ... it'll seem like a party for at least a few days.

What we need are some emotes that are designed for when sitting... like /deal that would deal cards to everyone else sitting at the table, /chug that would chug down a mug of beer and slam the empty mug onto the table, /spin that would spin a bottle in the center of the table and have it stop in a legitimately random position, and many more.

• 1 month later...