Depths of Manaan HM Ortuno Broken

So ya the boss is broken.

The hits it and the adds are dealing a vanguard tank in 220/224 gear 45k damage (after defensive buffs and all) there is something seriously wrong. The group was doing it the same way as we always did before the D vs L event and it being broken now Ortuno is broken. Please fix it.

So ya the boss is broken.

The hits it and the adds are dealing a vanguard tank in 220/224 gear 45k damage (after defensive buffs and all) there is something seriously wrong. The group was doing it the same way as we always did before the D vs L event and it being broken now Ortuno is broken. Please fix it.

Aren't you, by any chance, standing in the puddles?

I tanked this yesterday just fine, in dps gear with only a shield equipped.

So I call BS on this one, until you provide a log in which one can see those "45k hits"

Of course, boss plus adds hit hard. Has always been the case. Use dcd's accordingly.

Edited by Torvai

Did this the other day. Boss + Adds hit pretty hard, but nothing unmanageable. My companion healer had no trouble healing this through with defensive cooldowns in emergencies only. Either get a group with two damage dealers (and preferably a healer) or take the +25% flame sweep damage to burn down the add more quickly.

http://parsely.io/parser/view/203643

Edited by lcharas

Not During the flow channel

You know that when you are standing in the water you have a debuff that increases the damage from Ortuno by 300 %, don't you? And you know SW:TOR updates your position slowly, so you need to move based on the debuff icon(and be proud Van Halen fan and JUMP! :D ), don't you? :) If you are standing outside of the pool and you still have the debuff you still receive too much damage :)

Anyway, tanked yesterday, boooriiiing. No abnormal damage.

Noobs in this game never stop to amaze me.

Yeah it's funny at some level, sad on another. To me the worst thing is that there isn't even a question of "Is there a mechanic here?". Nope, it must be broken.

Then you have the whole "Tank in 220/224 gear". As if gear has anything to do with it. I swear when I see the "220/224 DPS LFG" I assume the person is not very good because good players wouldn't need to say their gear level.

The hits it and the adds are dealing a vanguard tank in 220/224 gear 45k damage (after defensive buffs and all) there is something seriously wrong.

Yup. Just not what you thought it was.

Noobs in this game never stop to amaze me.

TBH i think it was broken a couple of years ago when in hm you could tank him in the puddles. They fixed it at some time but a lot of people seem to think that standing in there is ok and then blame the healer for not healing them.

On a related note: Yesterday I went there to see the opposite perspective. Went in as an operative medic and told the tank *not* to leave the puddles. The +300% dmg inc debuff is there, yes... But if you have slight knowledge how to do an effective single target heal rotation, it's nothing special. Didn't have to use heal-increasing cooldowns whatsoever and of course the tank could not have had cooldowns active during the whole fight. It was probably the most blunt approach I've ever seen at Ortuno HM. No kiting, no adds running amok, no problem.

http://parsely.io/parser/view/203948

TBH i think it was broken a couple of years ago when in hm you could tank him in the puddles. They fixed it at some time but a lot of people seem to think that standing in there is ok and then blame the healer for not healing them.

This is true. It was actually more recent than that. With 4.0 or sometime thereafter it became necessary for tank to hit and move instead of just standing there.

Some folks are awful harsh. Cause the "ops" way of doing it was standard for a long time. Just change your tactics a bit, you will get.

This is true. It was actually more recent than that. With 4.0 or sometime thereafter it became necessary for tank to hit and move instead of just standing there.

Some folks are awful harsh. Cause the "ops" way of doing it was standard for a long time. Just change your tactics a bit, you will get.

That's what I learned as well. Used to be one way to do it and now you have to do it differently. Remember the people giving people a hard time have run most content dozens of times through every patch. They assume everyone else has as well and you're a retarded blind upside down monkey because you didn't solo it naked

Ya, thats what our group was doing because we didn't do it post 4.0 till now, we kited him and finished XP

Oh well i guess thats what happens when you haven't done a HM in a year they change things on you.

Yep, 4.0. I don't recall anything in the patch notes either. Without going back and checking, pretty sure it was a stealth patch. I remember trying to tank this after that patch and getting destroyed using the old mechanics, which were just standing there, until Flow was cast. After 4.0 hit, you now have to slowly kite him.